1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

January Transfer Window

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by swanseaandproud, Jan 25, 2017.

1. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

I may be on my own here but i firmly believe that the January transfer window should be scrapped and the players that clubs amassed before the season started should also end the season to stop players having their heads turned towards more money or bigger clubs....There is nothing worst than having a settled side only for better placed clubs to come along and take your best players. To me once you signed on at the start of the season then you should also end the season before you can move on depending on the length of contract the club has on the player whether the club wants you to go or not.....

2. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

It's lucky for us Dai that there is a January window, given the squad that Huw assembled last Summer

ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
  3. swanseaandproud

not really we would not have lost ash maybe and the big teams could not pick the cherry tree off others and not even play them in a lot of cases ...Every team should do their business before the season starts and when they report their final squad to the premiership HQ then that is the squad you start and finish where nobody can nick your players during the season......

4. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

I quite agree Dai, imo the January transfer window should be abolished in favour of a January loan window where squads can only be bolstered by loaning players currently not a feature in their respective clubs first teams ie fringe players.

That would ring fence every clubs first team squad, enhance opportunities for fringe players while still providing the opportunity for teams to improve their squads.

It would also make richer clubs think before they bought in the summer because if they bought players simply to stop other teams having them then this could backfire on them.

All fringe players would have to be registered as available for by all clubs and placed in a loan pool. The registration would have to be regulated and mandatory. Clubs wishing to bolster their first teams can only loan players from this regulated pool of players, no player is actually sold but their wages, capped to avoid clubs pricing their players out of the market, are paid.

In an emergency only can a new player be purchases in the window eg goalkeeper breaks his arm or a first team player gets so seriously injured he's for several months or the season. Only then a player be purchased and he must come from the registered loan pool.

This would force bigger clubs to regulate their summer spend and think about their transfer policy without relying on throwing a load of money at players just because they can. This could result in them spending ****loads on of £m's on a player that they may end up playing for another club.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
    swanseaandproud likes this.
  5. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

The Transfer window is a great way for a smallish club to make a bit of money ...lot of " Overpayment " happens in January , terrible time to buy , great if your sellin Bony for instance .

6. swanseaandproud

I hate players that are grateful to a club that are willing to give them employment in the summer and are guaranteed a great wage on a contract they are happy to take only to find that in January they have had a good season and the bigger clubs with more money purposely turn the heads of these players and the contract they have signed means nothing to them....Clubs especially us should ignore everything and make the player fulfil his contract if we are happy with them and they are an important player for us......Obviously if it was a Gomis type of situation and we are happy to let him go then fair enough as both parties will be happy......Lets take Ash for example.....One minute he turns Arsenal down then he signs an improved contract with an increase of pay and then makes public he was happy to sign and wants to end his career with the Swans and low and behold he joins Everton and Jenkins let it happen and it ruined the clubs stability good and proper, Im sorry but i dont hold the same respect for Ash like i did and i think Jenkins should be replaced.....I would like to see just one major transfer window per season in the summer and the rest of the season you can bring in loan players and loan out players at any time during the season if clubs agree. It will stop clubs poaching important players when they do good and disrupts clubs season sometimes to the point of ruining the planned season that they get relegated.....I want to see a level playing field where players complete the whole season without any disruption of having heads turned.....This is just my opinion and dont expect anyone to agree with me.......