1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

January Transfer Window

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by GeminiSwiftgfc, Dec 29, 2011.

1. gills4everandaday

gills4everandaday Active Member

i see hess has said he hopes to conclude one deal and look to sort out a couple more, as long as they can get the fa cup all clear?...who could they be? one deal yes kuffour, tomlin and who else ???

if rooney is not signing a contract, i'd like to see billy bodin inexchange for luke rooney even if the swine are in and around us in the league...though i guess bodin has played for torquay in fa cup at some stage or another!

maybe try again for cody mac at coventry on loan?

oli, king(sorry to say) let them go. fish, s payne, rance, brunt and maybe davies all out on loan as well.

so we can push on and win this league, we need a lift and two or three new players will do that!

2. HOADIE_BOI

HOADIE_BOI Well-Known Member

I would not let Stefan Payne go, but I think sadly I would let King go as it looks like he has lost his quality. sad but true, Oli, no doubt, out and send the others out on loan, I would be well happy if Fish was one of them.

3. bristol407

bristol407 Well-Known Member

Hessy has been very astute in his signings over the last couple of seasons and, wisely, takes his time. A 50% success rate with new signings is good going and he beats this figure by a wide margin. As far as exits are concerned we have to think what is trying to be achieved....Saving money or gaining experience. The kids only earn peanuts so there is no point them going on loan unless they are going to learn more than staying at Priestfield otherwise nothing is achieved. Fish remains an outstanding prospect after being exceptional at non league level (he was only just pipped by Adam Birchall as Dover player of the year and he remains the only Gills defender with real pace. His problem is being thrown into the first team too quickly only a few weeks after going full time so it will be this time next year before he can be judged. Stefan Payne, with the exception of 20 mins against Bournemouth has been the ultimate in disappointments and it is only his ludicrous hair styles that provide any entertainment at all. The writing is truly on the wall and if anyone wants him he can go but I doubt if he saves much cash. King deserves special treatment but it has long been obvious that he is now too fragile and slow so a golden handshake may be the kindest move. Oli has become a joke and has hardly played for two years now and can go if anyone wants him. Brat Rooney has become just tiresome now and it is something of a pity that he has no intelligence at all because he has shown some real potential but he now needs to go and get sent off somewhere else, perhaps Swindon reserves or Millwall reserves where he can reflect on a wasted career. Sadly he will not save much cash on his old contract.

4. HOADIE_BOI

It will be good to have a new player by Friday, hope it is Kuffour, would like him to sign 3 players in total and I think that would be good enough.

5. gills4everandaday

who knows now what will happen with kuffour, seeing as crawley have put a bid in for him and rovers have sacked buckle?

we know kuffour wants to come back to the london area...thats in our favour, but so is it for crawley. so bristols new manager is at a loss regards that anyway.

the other thing in our favour is he has enjoyed his time with us and hopefully that will swing it for us...lets all hope so anyway, plus evans at crawley is an idiot after all his...throwing the dummy out of the pram antics!...which again i hope kuffour will of noted!

LETS HOPE SO ANYWAY!!!

6. HOADIE_BOI

Just got to keep a bit of faith in Scally and Kuffour that we will get him.

7. bristol407

bristol407 Well-Known Member

Two problems.
    1 Does "I want to live closer to London" mean I want to live closer to London or I don't want to play for Buckle?
    2 Can the club really afford and accommodate Birchall/Kedwell/Kuffour next season especially as Birchall is supposed to be the star turn. It makes more sense to secure a striker on a half season loan (if Hessy can find one).
    Some people might also worry that all this speculation might unsettle Stefan Payne.
    Final Thought. The most likely transfer in the "window" affecting Gills must still be Jack Payne to a Championship club.

8. Born Again Gill

I wouldnt be too bothered if Kuffour does not sign. Apparently rang in sick this week . A timebomb waiting to happen when something like Birchall nicking his place happens I reckon.

9. gills4everandaday

bristol 407, if we don't accommodate those strikers you talk of, then i say we might as well give up and except our position and stay a division 2 side!
    we need to be able to cope with three good calibre strikers and switch it about...thats a must to move up the leagues, will it be birchall/kedwell/kuffour thats a different matter...can we sign kuffour again?...i hope so!!!, if not, we still need another forward and a left & right winger to stay the distance.

spiller, birchall coming back helps for sure, though some fresh imput is needed from two or three new faces...without a doubt!!!

very very stupid if we let jack payne go and also the talk of chris whelpdale being talked about...club can't let it happen for sake of a few quid, to only have to start again regards players good enough to get us where we want the club to go...so no, keep the mould of our team togeather!

10. Born Again Gill

I wouldnt be too bothered if Kuffour does not sign. Apparently rang in sick this week . A timebomb waiting to happen when something like Birchall nicking his place happens I reckon.

11. BSG

BSG Well-Known Member

I think the club should look at signing Kuffor, we need a seasoned leagued player. The jury has to still be out on Birchall, yes he has scored goals two divisions below this one, but consider he has already failed to make an impression at league level in the past is there any guarantee he will be any better this time around? Compare that to Kuffor who has a proven history of scoring at this level and higher I know how I would prefer!

12. harryheadbutt

harryheadbutt Member

13. The Shouting Man

The Shouting Man Active Member

Striker and a flying winger...

14. Born Again Gill

According to the Star today

Gills are to table a bid of 200k for Aldershots Jermaine McGlashan

Has someone won the lottery <laugh>

15. HOADIE_BOI

He is a good player, but not sure if I would play 200k maybe half as he is not always in the team at the moment, He has played many for them and if he is who I think he is then he is quick then he would be great and I know he has a few goals.

16. HOADIE_BOI

He has 4 goals this season aswell so he is not just a player who can provide assists, he gets goals so he would add to the team, I would like to see him at Gillingham.

Anyone who would like to know his stats here they are, have to say it is recent that he has found his scoring boots, so ignore that he only has 5 goals in 59 games as 4 are this season which means he has got better.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jermaine_McGlashan

17. The Shouting Man

The Shouting Man Active Member

Only if we are selling Rooney to Swinedon for a similar amount...:emoticon-0138-think

18. Gills79

Gills79 Member

At £200K this is a non-starter. However, this is just the type of wide player to provide the service Danny Kedwell is crying out for.

19. HOADIE_BOI

I think he would give us that much needed pace but who would you drop out of the team.

20. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

And wasn't he loved by the Gills fans on Monday - He might just remember some of the words of 'encouragement' we gave him. ( although I would agree that he would do a better job for us than at Aldershot - but not worth anything like 200k.)