1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Cb, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Krome

Krome Well-Known Member

I doubt he'll be first choice there unless they have injuries, would have preferred one of the premiership clubs but we'll see

2. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

Maybe they are mindful of his injuries and think that the Italian league will be kinder? But he needs game time asap, otherwise his career will take a nosedive.

3. Smirnoffpriest

Smirnoffpriest Well-Known Member

Could be an excellent move for him, if he can get game time. I'm assuming he'll have to compete for a spot in a midfield including De Rossi, Salah, Nainggolan, Gerson and Strootman.

4. lazarus20000

After you've listed the midfield, i'm wondering whether he'll be able to break into he side. I hope he doesn't become a token sub for the bulk of the season.

Salah doesn't play in midfield but on the wings.

5. Smirnoffpriest

I know what you mean - I hope that too.

I'm no expert on Roma, but I think I'm right in saying that Salah is a winger, De Rossi and Nainggolan are central midfielders, Strootman would play AM and I assume (but have no idea) that Gerson would play DM. Apparently Gerson played 31 games last season, so potentially Wilshere could take his place with a change in formation.

6. lazarus20000

I guess it's not impossible as long as he doesn't get homesick and concentrates on breaking into the side. He could stand to learn quite a bit from experienced hands like De Rossi. I'm just hoping he is cultured enough to accept a change in scenery and be willing to learn in a different environment.

Smirnoffpriest likes this.
  7. Smirnoffpriest

The Guru that is David Ornstein reckons we've rejected Roma's offer and Wilshere will be going to Bournemouth instead. Pretty big come down for Hart and Wilshere - going from Citey and Arsenal to Torino and Bournemouth!

8. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Apparently Arsenal are ****ed off with Roma over them dicking us about regarding Kostas Manolas.

9. Krome

Krome Well-Known Member

Wonder why he chose Bournemouth over Palace, bit more of a commute...

He should fit the way they play quite well

10. Smirnoffpriest

Doesn't seem the most professional way to do business - but then I don't know the details behind either deal...

11. BrunelGooner

BrunelGooner Well-Known Member

What we also need to consider is who's influenced Wilshere to go to said clubs.

Sky were saying that Roma already have 3 or 4 midfielders in the positions that Jack would play, so there's less of a chance of him playing regular football.

Meanwhile, one of Jack's closest academy friends (Benik Afobe) is at Bournemouth and has been a factor in convincing Jack to move there. Additionally, he would walk straight into their midfield. Besides, if the Arsenal board are genuinely considering Eddie Howe as a successor to Wenger, then it will be interesting to see how he would do with one of his potential managers for the future.

Wherever he goes, any club he joins will be getting a very tidy midfielder, providing he can stay fit.

Rumors have it that 22 clubs were interested in signing him! <yikes>

PINKIE likes this.
  12. white_gunner

white_gunner Well-Known Member

THIS is what I immediately thought of when Bournemouth was mentioned. Wonder if this indicates theres a truth to the Howe replacing Wenger rumours...

13. white_gunner

white_gunner Well-Known Member

Apparently, we have also blocked a loan move for Yaya Sanogo from Leeds. Wenger stepped in to block the loan because he wanted the player at the Emirates.

If this is true...it might mean Arsene is planning to use him...

14. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

We've kept Sanogo and got rid of Gnabry, Wilshere and Campbell.. Where's the logic?!

Also €4-5m for Gnabry in this market?? what the actual ****? Talk about a bargain.

Smirnoffpriest likes this.
  15. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

Campbell spoke after his loan move and said he asked for the move. Wenger wanted him to stay but he thought he needed more game time to develop enough to become a regular with us and so pushed for a loan move. Seems like the same thing has happened with Wilshere. I think both would have been useful to keep around this season though I understand why they asked to go out on loan. Not sure if it was the right move to let them go or not though. I wish they had stayed tbh as the season is long, we will get injuries and Jose in front in the pecking order will be off form at times. These two offer something a bit different to other players in there positions. I really hope we have the option to recall them if needed but no mention of it in either deal.

Gnabry only had a year left on his contract and if he wasn't going to sign a new one it was always going to force the clubs hand.

No idea why we would keep sanogo though unless it's due to thinking we needed more options up top as cover incase of injuries. With Giroud and Perez it's unlikely he will get much game time and once Welbeck is back from injury you'd assume he won't get any kind of look in. Perez though can play wide so I suppose if we have wide players out injured or off form Perez might make some appearances on the wing instead of down the centre and Sanogo would step in as the back-up to Giroud.

16. TheBear

Bournemouth seems like a good choice.

Its a nice town. 2 hours drive from London, they play decent attacking football.

17. Smirnoffpriest

I can't see Sanogo getting a sniff of a game upfront - if he hasn't even gotten near the bench when Giroud and Ozil haven't been fit, Ramsey's been injured and before Perez was signed, with Sanchez and Theo preferred as options upfront then I definitely don't see any chance of him being seen as back up to Giroud when we have Perez, Theo and Sanchez waiting in the wings before Christmas and then Welbeck coming back after xmas.

18. Smirnoffpriest

Gnarby on the other hand should have been kept as he could have pushed Oxo hard for a place in the team - especially with Campbell and Wilshere on loan and our track record for injuries - an awful decision imo to sell him.

19. TheBear

Why Not? Its not like Wenger fields his teams on merit?.. If Wenger thinks he's good enough he will play.

Why do you think Chamberlain is STILL getting games while Campbell is out on loan?

20. Smirnoffpriest

I suppose that's a depressing but true post! <laugh>

TheBear likes this.