1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

January transfer window now open!

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by The Great Gashead, Jan 1, 2017.

1. The Great Gashead

The Great Gashead Active Member

So firstly a very happy, healthy and prosperous new year to you all.
    Today sees the opening of the transfer window. This could be pivotal to defining our season. Obviously for us will be the next instalment of the Matty Taylor, will he or won't he, speculation.
    Most fans will be expecting some early business to be concluded by the end of the week, let alone the end of the month.
    Whilst any incoming players will be speculated on it will be (IMO) the outgoing players that will be of major interest to see how ruthless DC actually will be or whether his harsh words of the last few weeks were just to light a fire under a few players within the comfort zone. The releases of two (abait loanees) decent players in Roberts and Boteng should have sent shockwaves across the bows of various players who have not performed to the best of their ability. So January could be a very interesting month for us.

Gasheadseamge79 likes this.
  2. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Some fans think a GK will come in today for some reason, no chance the team left for London at 9:00am today :D

3. A Matter Of Time

A Matter Of Time Well-Known Member

We could be facing Boateng next week, as he's just joined Northampton on loan.

4. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

I hope he bears us no ill will because I thought he was a very good player who if selected could do a lot of damage to us not just on the pitch but with the knowlrdge he has gained through playing / training here.
    Noticed that one of the players in the E P article put on by CJS McBurnie is now playing 1st team football under the old / caretaker managers at Swansea so I Guess he won't be joining us in this window

5. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

DC listed some of Boeting's weaknesses, so it probably works both ways. Hopefully DC's got someone better lined up...

6. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Dont think McBurnie will want to come to us anyway. I think we held him back personally. He never had a good chance with us.

7. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Boateng will be asked by Northampton to spill the beans on anything that can help them. They would be stupid not to ask and he will be stupid not to give all the info he has on us. After all, he owes us no favours and wants to play football so will want to be in Northamptons good books to get the game time he needs. I think this game next weekend has got a little bit tougher.