1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours January Transfer Window 2017

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Jack TheLad, Dec 29, 2016.

1. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Nacho likes this.
  2. marcusblackcat

Forum Moderator

What formation then? We won't play 4-4-2 - just Moyes doesn;t do that - 3-5-2 possibly? Depends on the money for Ulloa as well - still can;t work out how "ll" is "j"!!

3. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

West Ham close to finalising a deal for Jose Fonte... WTF?

I give up.

4. grandpops

grandpops Well-Known Member

Sunderland are eyeing a move for Montpellier playmaker Ryad Boudebouz, according to reports in the Sun this evening.

David Moyes is keen to bolster his squad as they continue their battle against relegation and it is believed that the £8.5 million rated midfielder is one of his top targets.

Sunderland’s Chief Executive Martin Bain had warned that there would be minimal spending during the January transfer window, but it appears there may be just enough finances to dip into the transfer market.

It emerged on Monday that Sunderland had made a formal offer for Norwich City winger Robbie Brady and they have now been linked with a move for the Algerian international.

Boudebouz has been one of Montpellier’s top performers this season, scoring seven goals in 16 appearances, before a knee injury ruled him out of this month’s African Cup of Nations.

However, it is expected that Boudebouz will be fit by the end of January and should a move materialise he will add much needed creativity to Sunderland’s forward line.

Like Brady, the 26-year-old had been a reported target of Sunderland’s bitter rivals Newcastle United, but it appears the Magpies have cooled their interest in the Ligue 1 star as they pursue a reunion with Crystal Palace winger Andros Townsend.

5. Tel (they/them)

That Boudebouz transfer has got Khazri swap written all over it.

grandpops likes this.
  6. gelders pie

gelders pie Well-Known Member

However, it is expected that Boudebouz will be fit by the end of January

Worrying though. How many times have we waited for a new signing to get fit, then be match fit. And with the injury record this year !

grandpops likes this.
  7. Deleted #

Deleted # Well-Known Member

Norwich City boss Alex Neil has revealed negotiations are 'ongoing' over the potential transfer of Sunderland target Robbie Brady.
    Republic of Ireland international Brady has been the subject of a number of bids this transfer window.

Sunderland are believed to have made a £10million bid while Burnley have also made Norwich an offer for the left-sided star.

Neil admits he expects to lose another player this month, having already sold Martin Olsson to Swansea City, but says Brady's potential exit will be 'our timescale'.

He said: “There have been negotiations that are on-going and contact from other clubs.

“I am not going to be specific about who that is or how much we are talking about. There has been dialogue. With Robbie I wouldn’t expect anything to happen soon because it is not at those levels. It will be our timescale and on our terms.

“We have already said at the start of the window depending on who goes out is what will dictate the players we bring in. I know Martin Olsson has gone now but I still think there is a bit of movement to happen.

"I think there will potentially be one more out and then we can hopefully shuffle the squad a little bit.”

8. marcusblackcat

Forum Moderator

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport...onal-stars-and-lamine-kone-s-future-1-8344260

Sunderland manager David Moyes has given an update on transfer business at Sunderland. Moyes was speaking to the media this morning ahead of tomorrow's big Premier League clash with West Brom. But as well as team news, transfer talk was high on the agenda.

Sunderland have been linked with a host of players over recent days, including Montpellier playmaker Ryad Boudebouz and Porto midfielder Andre Andre.

Moyes has played down a lot of the speculation, however, along with claims that former Sunderland boss Saam Allardyce wants to take Lamine Kone to Crystal Palace.

The Black Cats boss said: "We've been linked with four or five players this week and I can tell you that none of them are the ones we're in for. "I'm not aware of any interest from Crystal Palace in Lamine Kone at present."

Horses mouth - None of the players linked with us are the ones we're in for and Palace haven't offered for Kone regardless of what the papers say!

grandpops and Gil T Azell like this.
  9. grandpops

grandpops Well-Known Member

See that bit ^

We`re in for players. :1980_boogie_down:

10. Jack TheLad

Jack TheLad Well-Known Member

So, the media are reporting were interested in the likes of Brady, Boudebouz, Jagielka and Ulloa. Figures of up to £10m bein bandied about.

Moyes effectively says were in for none of the aforementioned and all of a sudden we find out Joleon Lescott is training with us.

Sounds about right.

11. Tel (they/them)

So Pep has took his net spend close to £200m since joining City - transfer fees only included. He's also sent out about £110m worth of players on loan.

I can truly see why he gets so much praise, I thought he was a fraud, I've got a wheelbarrow full of humble pie I need to work my way through.

Gil T Azell likes this.
  12. Gil T Azell

Gil T Azell Well-Known Member

Not a hint of sarcasm in sight.

Tel (they/them) likes this.
  13. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Don't think he's bought anyone good yet either has he? Bravo is statistically one of the worst keepers in the league. Aguero gets injured and it's all on Iheanacho? Strange state of affairs.

14. Gil T Azell

The bloke has been found out. Always had everything handed to him on a plate. The Spanish and the German leagues are similar to Scotland in that you know only 2 -3 teams are involved. Now in the big league he just simply isnt good enough.

LAMackem likes this.
  15. cumbrianmackem

cumbrianmackem Well-Known Member

I'm sure I heard correctly but Lescott is a guest on football focus on BBC at noon, he might be announcing he's signing for us. Yippee.

16. Gil T Azell

Steady on now.

RTB likes this.
  17. Jack TheLad

Jack TheLad Well-Known Member

Sunderland could bring in Robbie Keane and Joleon Lescott - who have a combined ages of 70. Keane, 36, is a free agent after leaving LA Galaxy and is expected to begin talks next week, while Lescott, 34, has been training with the Wearsiders after leaving AEK Athens. (Express)

18. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

Dont know as to <laugh> or <wah>.

19. Tel (they/them)

I rate a couple of them, Gundogan for sure although he's out for the season. Sane would be very good under a more direct style of play too.

This new lad is supposedly very good but again, Pep can squash that if he doesn't play to his strengths.

I think Pep will have regrets about this move now, realised he's at a completely manufactured club, with no soul left. He's been exposed and he's cracking up Rafa style, our media are gonna shred him if he keeps acting the clown and he doesn't have the chin for it.

20. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

I'm at a stage now I couldn't care a less who we bring in
    As long as they save us from the drop

LAMackem likes this.