1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

January Transfer Rumours!!!

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by lateboy87, Dec 31, 2012.

1. H bomb

H bomb Active Member

2. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Looks like we are being linked with every striker who can't get a regular game at their own club.

As for Campbell, Ex-Man U, loaned to Hull about 5 years ago and played against us at Ninian, then loaned to Spurs and eventually sold by Mancs to Sunderland in 2009. Always struck me as keen and enthusiastic but a bit lightweight and not a regular goal scorer. While injured (another one with an anterior cruciate problem) at Sunderland he would go to games as a fan and sit with the fans not in hospitality. That endeared him to their supporters.

Only scored 10 times in 67 games for Sunderland. Not one for us I think.

Charlie Austin it is then. <ok>

3. GLAMorgan

GLAMorgan Active Member

Exactly. He'd be going what is one of the most feared attacking units in the championship and would score goals. He may be expensive but I don't see any other viable options other than twitter boy. 19 goals in an average team... imagine what he could do when we're looking well oiled.

4. Malky

Malky New Member

Hey Fellas, new to the board - I tend to be more of a 'hoverer' and I keep an eye on all the forums. Hope that is cool!

Though I don't pay too much attention to carl's updates anymore - his source has seemed to have gone down the pan since Malky entered the arena!

There are lots of names doing the rounds at the moment - obviously Campbell - as already mentioned above, his scoring record in recent times has not been mind blowing. Still think he could do a job for us. RedBluebirds forum are throwing a few other names around too. Well apparently:

- we still look likely to sign Brayford
    - Sordell still looks a good bet
    - Frazier Campbell happier to step down and join us than a few months ago
    - Burnley want £7mil for Austin
    - at least one signing looking possible before the weekend.

Personally, I would be very happy to pay £7 mill for Austin, I'm sure he will see us through to the PL. Considering how much Rhodes went for!

5. BluefromBridgend

Malky, welcome to the board.

If you've £7m in loose change then please go ahead. That would be hugely over the odds for Austin. Rhodes was and is a much more complete player.

As I said earlier, for Austin £2m up front with performance related extras which could take it up to £3/3.5m is realistic.

Thats the trouble with this window business. If you want a player whose club does not want him to go, then you pay over the odds. Alternatively you may get someone whose club wants to get rid of and you take a risk on how they will fit in with your club.

We've seen that to our cost in recent seasons and that is why Malky (our manager, not you, unless..........) doesn't rush into signings in January.

6. Malky

Malky New Member

Thanks for the welcome. Yes, I think you are right, £7 mill would be a ridiculous amount to pay, however on balance, I would be happy to pay it if it leads to promotion. Perhaps 2 mill upfront and a promotion-based clause (my Football manager knowledge coming to the floor) where by we pay another couple mill if we are successful this year. But to be fair, who knows how much money Malky actually has and how working out a deal is in reality (pretty sure it's not too similar to FM).

7. snlk/poksnbn

snlk/poksnbn Active Member

Seven million?

Just tell them to **** off. <laugh>

8. Xsnaggle

Xsnaggle Member

Frazier Campbell to sign in the next couple of days!

9. Malky

Malky New Member

10. snlk/poksnbn

[video=youtube;mLNrLI3OBwg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLNrLI3OBwg[/video]

11. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I hope not - never rated him. Never justified the early promise he showed since.

I'd prefer to stick with Mason rather than him.

As for £7M for Austin, that's another farce. Just like the £10M price tag the Barnsley chairman stuck on Brian Howard when we enquired a few years back - a bloody joke.

We'll probably get someone that nobody's ever seen mentioned on here as being in the frame.

12. Blue Sheep

Blue Sheep Well-Known Member

I to am doubtful bout this Sparks but I feel Malky has a better idea than most of us and most of his transfers have been great so hey! Lets give him a chance at least.

13. snlk/poksnbn

Sheep!
    Don't think it will happen fella. Not what we need.

14. BluefromBridgend

WoL (if you can believe them) say we have been looking at Sordell and Marlon King as well as Campbell.

Now what about King? Proven as a footballer at this level but not as a human being. Hos footballing qualities are just what we need but would we want him and would he want to come to us after the stick we have given him. And he's another oldie at 32 so would be very much a short term fix but enough to get us over the line this season?

The plot thickens.

15. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Campbell wont get us promoted. We've got better players than him at the club already and remember what Malky said - he wont bring anyone in unless it's an improvement of those already here. King isn't my cup of tea either, but I'd take him (at the right price) before Campbell - at least he would add something.

On the other hand, Austin would definitely give us something different up front and would be a better choice than both - but not at anything like the figure quoted above.

It's all very quiet with the club's behind the scenes business and that's the best way. Most of what we read in the press and on the rumour sites is pure speculation.

I've got no doubt that the cash would be made available should the right player at the right price be found.

16. isawronnymoorescore

isawronnymoorescore Well-Known Member

I dont think we will see anything happen for atleast another 10 days. This will go down to the wire...as usual.

17. SussexBlueBird

SussexBlueBird Active Member

can't see Frazier coming to us with his medical history, could be another Maynard in the making, Carlton Cole would be nice ;)

18. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

malky welcome aboard the good ship lollipop dude....ignore most on yuh butty they are all fking nuts....stick with me and you wont go far wrong <ok> [video=youtube;1r4bbgv1If8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1r4bbgv1If8&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

19. TygerTyger

TygerTyger Well-Known Member

King is a (sub)human slug. He gets away with being a sexual predator in London and Birmingham, but from what I know of Cardiff your girls will react like the Hull girls. So if you don't want your new striker to be met with a "Dockers Kiss" and broken nose the first time his hands stray, I'd avoid Marlon.

20. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

Hi Malky welcome to the madhouse, some strange characters on here pal, but an okay lot! Me, I'm probably the one you should stick with, as I'm one of the nicest people you will ever meet. Austin no at 7 million, can't gamble that sort of money, but Marlon King could be a good bet. Forget his morals, think of him as a gutsy tough striker who could get us up. Me, I don't get up as much as I like these day, but as you are young enough to use the word cool, I guess you probably do better.Mind you I had a good run at it....
    .....oh yes sireeeeeeeeee!
    <whistle>