1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

January transfer rumours 2013

Discussion in 'Everton' started by shogs, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

If there was genuine concern about his knee, then we were right to look to tie future payments to appearances.

The talk of Negredo is fantasy land imo, Stones still a possibility & maybe a move for an out of favour PL striker <whistle>

2. shogs

shogs Well-Known Member

Imagine we got Negredo. I think I'd just faint in shock.

Supplsedly interested in Wanyama too. I just hope we get someone in.

3. shogs

shogs Well-Known Member

Negredo not happening according to agent. Not a surprise.

"It's impossible. Negredo is an important player for Sevilla and I am absolutely sure nothing will be done in this window.

"I know they have spoken to Everton but there is no way it will happen. Unfortunately there is no chance because Sevilla simply don't want to lose him, and if they do they will ask for crazy money."

4. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

It was never going to happen mate. A CF from Stoke & young Stones may still happen, but we might equally get zilch.

5. shogs

shogs Well-Known Member

Sky really are despicable ****s aren't they? You can tell they want Fellaini to go.

6. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

haha, it's their non story of the day - Fellaini stays.

Rumours Fer might be back on.

7. Justovertheline

Justovertheline Well-Known Member

Laughed they even showed him driving away from training lol We not really Interested In a stoke striker are we?

8. shogs

shogs Well-Known Member

bollocks this

9. Justovertheline

So we just ended up with an up and coming right back...

10. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Stones will go on to prove to be a great buy imo, but that still has to go down as a ****e window for a side who's chasing a CL spot & is desperately short in a couple of areas.

Yet again we see no 'plan b' when targets are missed. Having little cash up front was obviously a massive handicap, but to fail to even bring in a couple of loans is ****.

Moyes said he was waiting until after Jan to make his decision, so you'd have to say, yet another failure makes it highly unlikely he'll stay now.

11. Justovertheline

I wouldn't be suprised to see him bugger off TBH but hopefully not...

12. shogs

shogs Well-Known Member

Stones seems a decent lad on the OS to be fair. unfair to him that there's a lot of disappointment around. It's not his fault that we were told of these possible signings such as Fer or Negredo. He sounds a decent talent from what I've read on Barnsley forums. £3m on an 18 year old though?

On the Fer medical I'm curious of something. They were talking on SSN last night about George Boyd failing his medical because he failed an eye test (lol) and I think it was Simon Jordan (the ex Palace chairman) who said that if a club doesn't want to sign someone then they'll find an excuse not to.
    Is there a possibility that we couldn't really afford to buy Fer and therefore made the most out of dodgy knees whilst putting a PR spin on that they didn't want to take a risk. Considering we didn't spend that money yesterday then it can't be that far from the truth?

13. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Shogs - I've heard a fair bit about Stones from a mate of mine who has very close links with Barnsley (hence the reason I knew we were in for him yesterday before it was in the press) He's been raving about the lad all season & we've been watching him for months. He rates this lad as the best younf player they've had at Oakwell since the 80's & David Hirst!

As for Fer, the player himself understood the issue around his knee & why we'd asked for the future payments to be linked to appearances because of it, so I think the conspiracy theory that's being peddled by some of the BU bell ends is pure fantasy.

14. Cove

Cove Well-Known Member

FC Twente CEO Munsterman told his side of the story on the Fer deal that went sour last Wednesday. According to Munsterman Everton wanted to loan Fer first before buying the player. The Liverpool side wanted to restructure the deal after Fer had his medical. "They came back to us with the demand that Fer was to be loaned out first for a sum of 2 million euro's, and after a certain amount of played games the club would lift the option to buy the player." Munsterman said he didn't agree to that because of the risks and the sudden drop in the negotiated transfer fee. "We are always very careful when it comes to agreements and these new deals made it a very nasty deal to make for us. So we didn't sign it."