1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

January transfer rumours 2013

Discussion in 'Everton' started by shogs, Nov 1, 2012.

1. shogs

shogs Well-Known Member

In:

No one

Out:

No one

ffs

2. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Donovan, maybe on a permanent if Lumpoflard goes to the States.

Ofoe looks likely, but Drenthe, not a chance in hell mate

3. shogs

shogs Well-Known Member

Think we will lose anyone? (important)

4. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Fellaini not being cup tied in Europe worries me a bit, as I'm certain this is his last season with us (barring us making the CL) & so we'd be vunerable to a massive offer for him in Jan. I hope we're strong enough to resist & our league placing at the time will have a bearing, should a bid land imo. If we're within touching distance of the top 4 we might be able to convince him to stay until the summer & Kenwright might resist the temptation to take the cash.

5. shogs

shogs Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone (except maybe Chelsea) really need him from the top teams in our league so that could put some off signing him in January given the inflated pric tags that usually come with the January transfer window. And as you say, Champions league might persuade him to stay. I think we're pretty much in the clear with banks for the moment luckily.

I think we should bring Straqualursi back anyway :biggrin: . He doesn't even have to play, he can just be there haha.

Maybe we will have Barkley back by January meaning a CM is less important.

6. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

United would be interested as well imo, as would some of the major European clubs, should he become available or a bidding war starts.

Barkley's not ready to play in CM in the PL yet imo, he's got to learn the discipline required to play in that role, his decision making is still a bit off.

7. shogs

shogs Well-Known Member

Real Madrid are meant to be keeping tabs but obviously that would be a summer deal rather than January. It's always uncertain how much funds united have though so I'm not so sure, they'd play him Cm too which he probably won't play for us in that position again meaning he might now be seen as an attacking midfielder/second striker.

You never know how he's going to progress though, the loan to Sheffield Wednesday seems a positive one and in the game I saw of him against Leeds he was decent. He bagged two good goals at the weekend too but it is a big leap.

8. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Barkely COULD develop into a top draw CM player. His development wasn't helped when after 1 outing you had morons pundits saying he'll captain England. He's still got plenty to learn, but he's certainly got the ability, but ability without the right attitude will result in him falling short.

Felli leaving mid season would be a massive blow, a bit like when he lost Gravesen back in Jan '05.

9. shogs

shogs Well-Known Member

Aye, well just have to wait and see. I think he's managed well though given his leg break and the amount of expectation thrown at him because of a good game against QPR when everyone else was appalling.

You never know some good might come out of Fellaini going. Like when Rooney went and we bought Lescott, Cahill etc or when we did see Gravesen and bought Arteta.

Every cloud.

10. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Indeed mate, I'm sure Davie could use £30M well, but I'd still be gutted to see him leave, as he's a bit unique, there's not really another player like him in the EPL, so he gives the opposition a real headache, he's genuinely feared these days.

11. Justovertheline

Justovertheline Well-Known Member

I think Drenthe could be a cracking player.. Great pace,Wicked shot on him (Fulham last yr?) Great shame the guys a cock..

Got a feeling Donovan could appear again? Not sure Fellaini will go Jan I think he will stay this year<ok>

12. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

yeah Drenthe had bags of ability, but unfortunately the brain of a gnat.

13. shogs

shogs Well-Known Member

Cahill being linked for a loan move. he's played as a CM over in America and. wouldn't be too adverse to him coming for a few games looking at out bench last weekend. Though wouldn't he be suspended for the first three games?

14. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

3 reasons this shouldn't happen;

1. Yes, he would be suspended for 3 games out of the 9 he could play
    2. He was largely crap last season & a shadow of the player he was in his prime
    3. He'll take up a place & wages of someone who could come in & offer more than a smiley face & some good banter with the lads.

15. shogs

shogs Well-Known Member

if we play Sunderland, Liverpool and Man city in the games he'd be are to play then I'd have him back :D

16. Justovertheline

Justovertheline Well-Known Member

He's been reported as seeking a loan back to us but with the suspension Im not sure Moyes will go for It I'm not convinced we need him either tbh we need to strengthen defence more IMO

17. shogs

shogs Well-Known Member

How did you end up with such neg rep? haha

Zenit showing interest in Fellaini...

I'd expect a similar amount that they paid for Witsel if they did come in with an offer.

18. DayDoDoeDontDayDoe

DayDoDoeDontDayDoe Well-Known Member

Cant see you losin anyone or bringing anyone in in Jan, maybe Donovan on loan but I suspect that may be it

19. shogs

shogs Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think most will stay the same in January, can't see anyone (important) leaving until the summer.

20. DayDoDoeDontDayDoe

DayDoDoeDontDayDoe Well-Known Member

What position if you could pick 1 player would you like to strengthen