1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

January 2017 Transfer Window - In

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Cottager58, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

According to their supporters they couldn't get in the player replacement they wanted. But I should think C58 could be right it's normally about money, but why our negotiators weren't aware of this I don't know because this is a player who we went after in August and took it to the last day.

2. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

We gambled and we lost out. I don't think this was a very good window for us, although I am looking forward to seeing Cyriac in action.

3. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

Wigan obviously got dispensation to go beyond the deadline -

23:49: Omar Bogle [Grimsby - Wigan] Undisclosed

Of all the non-events in our window this one annoys me the most. If Kamara was a fall back in case (as happened) Enrich fell through why on earth did we go that route instead of Bogle? By all accounts Bogle was here in the summer and we had a 'gentleman's agreement' with him. Maybe the player felt our commitment wasn't strong enough and who could blame him.

Hopeless strategy on our part.

4. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

Watching Bogle knock the goals in for Wigan is pretty painful.

Cottager58 likes this.
  5. Cottager58

3 in 2 games. Straight in and running. Can only repeat previous comment, "an absolute steal at £1m". Ah well, we'll get to see him in the flesh on Saturday.

6. Cravingawin

Cravingawin Well-Known Member

Perhaps he just likes it up north? Also his stats couldn't have been what we were looking for. He's fast, skilful, confident, good engine, good passer, knows where the goal is. I can now see why we didn't want him! Effing stats!

7. kunye

kunye Well-Known Member

If Wgan ar religated ? we should be first in the que a couple of mil could clinch it.

8. Cottager58

There's still some free agent "strikers" out there that we could pick up, including a couple of old boys:

Andy Little, Jamar Loza, Lauri Dalla Valle, Carlton Cole, Dimitar Berbatov, Robbie Keane, Marouane Chamakh, Justin Johnson, Ben Tomlinson, Eduardo Da Silva, Didier Drogba, Peter Odemwingie, Yakubu

Fancy any of them to do a short term cover job? And if anybody says, Carlton Cole ..... !

9. Fulhaman

Fulhaman Well-Known Member

Drogba. Probably a massive weekly wage but would frighten Championship defenders to death and would come with an almost cast iron guarantee that he would score a ton of goals.