1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

January 2017 Transfer Window - In

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Cottager58, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Fabulous Fabio

Fabulous Fabio Well-Known Member

What chance of us signing Robbie Keane and would we be happy with him? The reason I ask is that for some reason the bookies have made us favourites to sign him. Maybe they know something that nobody else does as I dont think anything has been reported in the media yet. Hes a free agent so a deal could still be done after tomorrows deadline.

2. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

Had been some rumours from Feirense in the Portugese league where Olympiakos has loaned him, that Fulham had been scouting him recently:
    Anastasios "Tasos" Karamanos (26) Forward who hasn't played for Olympiakos or hardly scored when on loan, so a very strange rumour. Wikipedia page has changed stating he's Fulham player, probably a scam.
    It states:
    On 30 January 2017, Karamanos' parent club Olympiakos reached an agreement for the permanent transfer of the player to Championship side Fulham for a reported fee of £1.9 million. Feirense is bound to receive a percentage of the transfer fee as compensation for terminating Karamanos' loan spell from Olympiakos early.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  3. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

We had people scouting in Portugal very recently, so there could be some truth in it.

PS He's got the same Agent as Mitroglou, just saying!

PPS That's a fair chunk of money for someone without a great scoring record when we could get Omar Bogle who has a fantastic scoring record for a lot less.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  4. Fabulous Fabio

Sky Sports News saying Fulham are one of many teams interested in Crystal Palace midfielder Lee Chung Yong. Could be no truth in it whatsoever but don't think we really need another midfielder, do we? Would much rather see us linked to some strikers!

5. 2whitestripes

2whitestripes Well-Known Member

Today's the day, lets hope by 11:00pm we have some exciting additions to our already exciting squad.
    COYW

6. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Keane wouldn't be my choice. Five years ago he'd have been a great free signing, but I'm not convinced that a 36 year old striker is what we need right now. Then again, if we get to 11pm without anything better up front, maybe the fact he's not limited by the deadline makes him a decent fallback option. I'll be disappointed if that is the best we get out of the window though.

7. Super Brian McBride

Fulham Rumours: Robinson from PNE, Morrison from West Ham, Rhodes from Boro
    Old Fulham targets.
    Adebayor gone to Turkish team İstanbul Başakşehir (phew)
    Akpom loaned to Brighton from Arsenal. (Shame)

Cottager58 likes this.
  8. Cottager58

Carlton Cole is available on a free
    please log in to view this image

9. Cottager58

Latest stories:

* we're prepared to pay the release clause for Sergi Enrich of Eibar (the first name up on this thread)
    * a bid (less than we offered in the summer) has gone in for Ivory Coast striker Cyriac of KV Oostende
    * the Greek striker Tasos Karamanos is all but a done deal

If all three come in, is Chris Martin's day numbered? - speculation around that Derby are trying to trigger the second payment of his loan deal.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
  10. Fulhaman

Fulhaman Well-Known Member

The Sergi Enrich story was reported in AS yesterday and as you say C58 they are reporting that we are up for paying the release clause of €10 million. I think he would be a great signing. He's a very good forward and has scored 15 goals in 58 games for Eibar. I think he has about 6 months left on his Eibar contract so now would be a good time to pick him up. Eibar are currently 10th in La Liga with 29 points so they are safe as houses but also with no real chance of getting toward the European places. With nothing much to play for they could very well let him go without much of a fight.

He does have a bit of a past having been involved late last year in a sex tape scandal - it went viral on the internet, well, over here it did. He was filmed up to no good with a young lady and a former Sevilla favourite - Antonio Luna - or Tony Moon as he was known to Villa fans, I believe.

Don't know anything about the other two strikers mentioned above but our last experience with a Greek striker didn't exactly turn out to be a roaring success.

Cottager58 likes this.

11. Cookie-6262

Cookie-6262 Well-Known Member

I would love Enrich... A few days ago while at home with the baby and nothing on television I stumbled across Eiber v Deportivo on sky and Enrich was superb, on top of looking a quality player what stood out most was his work rate it was immense his yards covered stat must have been the most by quite some distance, I was surprised he didn't leave the pitch on oxygen! That one game alone means it's a yes from me.

12. Cottager58

The buy out, said to be £8.5m, has gone in for Sergi Enrich. It's now down to him and the Club to agree terms. I hear what everybody says about how good this guy could be. However, I'm doing more than just holding my breath. Who in their right mind would go in at the last minute on deadline day for a player from abroad with a release clause and all the attendant tax, registration issues etc.

Meanwhile, Wigan have put in a 750k bid plus 250k add-ons for Omar Bogle. Barnsley are looking to go in for him as well. £1m for that guy, someone who could be signed up quickly and step straight into the side, is an absolute steal.

13. Cottager58

Latest name in the frame is Aboubakar Kamara of Amiens. Yup, I don't either! But a hot tip even if he isn't.

PS Rohan Ince - remember him? - has gone on loan to Swindon from Brighton

PPS Looks like Jordan Rhodes is going to Sheffield Wednesday - which was predicted a wee while ago.

PPPS Chris Martin is definitely staying.

14. Cottager58

Gohi Bi Cyriac has just started following @FulhamFC on twitter.

please log in to view this image

A jolly good sign that a deal is done. The proverbial 5p is going on a loan till the end of the season with an option to buy.

15. Cottager58

Grabban has gone to Reading on loan.

16. Cottager58

He's allegedly at Motspur Park but .... time is running out.

17. Super Brian McBride

The Tasos Karamanos comment on the wiki page about him being a Fulham player has disappeared. Could have been a Greek tragedy.

18. Cottager58

All over according to the Brookes person. This one with Kamara apparently fell through at literally, the last minute. I believe it was because Amiens couldn't get a replacement in the time we left them with.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  19. Fabulous Fabio

Any news on what happened to the Enrich deal? Deals can still be announced over the next few hours as long as negotiations are at an advanced enough stage. Any chance on this one??

20. Cottager58

Yup, basically we left it too late. Here's the story:

"Sources close to the possible deal confirmed the West London side have offered to pay for the player’s €10m release clause, just like first reported by the Spanish media today. Fulham have put on the table a contract until 2020 with better wages than the player currently earns in Spain.

The problem is that Eibar, who don’t want Enrich to leave, are forcing the striker to pay for the release clause himself. For tax purposes, that should mean €4m more to be paid for the Spanish Treasury. As the player obviously won’t spend that much money to make the transfer, all these expenses would go to Fulham.

So besides having to pay €14m for the full transfer, Fulham would still need to deposit this amount to Enrich’s bank account and let him sort the business with his entourage.

It is possible to get around this and negate the tax issue, but with just hours left until the window closes, there’s not much hope a deal can be done
    ."