1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

James Clarke

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Gasheadseamge79, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Bristol Rovers boss Darrell Clarke has revealed that James Clarke suffered a near-death experience as a result of a nut allergy at Bury on Tuesday.

Clarke was withdrawn because of breathing difficulties towards the end of the first-half and was immediately rushed to hospital for treatment.

The defender was retained overnight for tests before being given the all-clear and released to return to Bristol on Wednesday morning.

Darrell Clarke, meanwhile, this morning paid tribute to the medical staff of both clubs for the speed with which they reacted that possibly saved the right-back's life.

He said: "It was a very big scare; life-threatening, to be honest.

"My medical team and Bury's medical team acted very quickly to get him off to hospital and that was . The lad was very shaken up and the doctors advised us that had he not been treated as quickly as he was he could have been dead within an hour.

"James has a nut allergy and something has obviously got into the system and we are just relieved that he is fine and back in with us.

"Nut allergies are very serious so I am very complimentary of both medical teams for the way they got the situation sorted so quickly."

2. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I thought he had an asthma attack.

Also, its James Mcnamara's last day at the Post tomorrow. The Post apparently are going a different way in how they will do their Rovers talk. Its the same for City too. The Post are getting rid of City's guy. Its a crap rag anyway and their online site is awful. But losing Mcnamara will just make them far worse in my eyes. He always makes himself available on twitter and been very helpful in the past.

3. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

CJS I believe that the WDP said they thought it was a asthma attack

Captain Jack Sparrow likes this.
  4. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

5. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

Scary experience. A lot of people seem to have allergies these days.