1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Jamaal Taylor and Karl Spencer

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

"all "FFS" and exclamations"???!?!?!?!?!?

FFS!??!?!!? How dare you??!!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!?!??!?!??!

G4rdToonArmy and Warmir Pouchov like this.
  2. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Its nice to have a class keeper but I would prefer money be spent elsewhere and we have a reliable keeper who makes a few good saves, doesn't make any screaming howlers, has only a few "he should have saved that moments", strikers fear into his defenders and has good distribution. If Elliot is back to full fitness I would like to see him given an opportunity. Nothing wrong with making Darlow realise that he has competition and will be dropped if his concentration doesn't improve.

3. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Keepers always looked better the less they are worked.

The key for us is to fill what I see as glaring gaps before worrying about anything else.

We need:

• A top class destructive midfielder - this is absolutely vital. At the moment we invite pressure on because we don't have one and Hayden has no one to learn from. Probably the most underestimated player in any team - makes a huge difference. Shelvey will look so much better with someone doing the ****ty work.
    • A No.10 - again absolutely vital. We are missing that little piece of the jigsaw that links it all together. A top class one can take your team up two levels on his own.
    • A goalscorer - every team needs one and although I like Mitrovic and Gayle as secondary options, a guaranteed source of goalscoring is vital.
    For me those 3 must happen in the summer. We also need as a minimum:
    • A left back - while it will not kill us it will severely hamper us
    • An experienced centre back - Just the one will do and I'd go a bit older
    • A wide player - We have to replace Gouf.
    I'd like a keeper, I'd like a creative midfielder as second option to Shelvey, but they are not priorities. Spend the majority of our money on the first three.

JakartaToon likes this.