1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Jagielka

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by The Norton Cat, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say that ball watching is a lack of effort more a lack of mental sharpness, happens to all defenders from time to time and Kone's never exactly been razor sharp. Aside from the first few games of the season where he was gash he's put as much effort in as he did last season I reckon.

Kaboul has never been all that but you can't deny that him and Kone had a great partnership together.

clockstander likes this.
  2. The Norton Cat

The Norton Cat Well-Known Member

That's the Catch 22 situation, right there. Because if we sell our better players to bring in some (maybe) slightly better players we're still a handful of good (ish) players surrounded by lots of weak elements and, therefore, still just as likely to go down.

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  3. The Norton Cat

The Norton Cat Well-Known Member

You also have to consider the differences between Allardyce and Moyes. It may be that Moyes is asking him to play in a way that he finds harder. The greater space that we allow teams this season could be having an effect on the way he plays his own game.

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  4. Jack TheLad

Jack TheLad Well-Known Member

Personally I just don't see him as willing as he was last year, could be down to many different things though.

Thought Kaboul would do alright there, wonder if he wishes he could have stayed.

5. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

I think he's being asked to bring the ball out of defence more which doesn't really suit him as he must be one of the worst passers in the (world) league. Tactically in defence I dunno, I do think the lack of a commanding partner is hurting his performances.

6. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

How much do you reckon Jagielka would go for?

7. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Don't follow you mate, surely it depends on the signings, so lets sell assets while we can get top whack and reinvest in the right players, who'll keep us up and make us more money. Say 15m and Jag for Kone, I'd sell in a shot. Plus you're not taking into consideration that leaders like Jag would get better performances out of players like Papy, that and teach him a thing or two(shut up Tel, Papy aint no vidic <laugh>), we could turn a profit on papy yet with the right partner. We've got no leaders, they cost money but there's a chance of one with a huge bundle of cash with an overrated nobhead leaving for top dollar. We'll have to agree to disagree here mate. Summer I wanted to keep Kone, but his attitude and performance make him more of a hindrance than anything imo. Cash in while we can and give Moyes a fair shot at keeping us up rather than tiring his hands then blaming him when we go down.

8. clockstander

clockstander Well-Known Member

Kaboul's his influence was undervalued by many when he was here,still not sure why he left so suddenly, but without him and M'Vila, we are but a shadow of last seasons very solid team, the damage has been done, and the price is being paid for this mismanagement. We need three top class players added to this squad just to stand still and I can't see it happening, we are only heading one way and its not up.

The Norton Cat and Brian Storm like this.
  9. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

It'd be a nominal fee imo, a couple of £m, maybe less.

Nacho likes this.
  10. grandpops

grandpops Well-Known Member

I wouldn`t argue with the Kone/Kaboul partnership. Seems to me to be a case of the whole being greater than the sum of the parts.

Kone may be missing his oppo, may be managers methods, may be style of play. There could be a number of factors but, for whatever reason, he doesn`t seem to be nearly as effective.

I can see a case for selling provided it results in an improvement but there`s never any guarantee of that. Thinking about the colossal waste in the past and, including the last window Moyes is not yet immune, I`m not confident the funds raised would be best utilised.

Names like Jagielka, Brady, Snodgrass et al being mentioned. I think those players would be an improvement and if it meant Kone going the other way I could live with that but the likelihood is, Kone would go the other way and we spend the proceeds on lesser players. That`s a no from me. I`m hoping Bain has a bit more savvy than the last shower as this window is looking more and more like make or break.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017

11. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

we only got 3 for Kabul we were royally rogered caught with our pants down, and we slipped on the soap.

Brian Storm likes this.
  12. Makemstine Roger

look out lads we are under a rodent attack

13. Makemstine Roger

I would take him back now for the same money we sold him for

14. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

You calling anyone a rodent is hilarious, you skidmark on the pan of life

15. Makemstine Roger

you'll know all about skid marks, and how to open cars without keys, finding credit cards, and how to benefit from your max invalidity benefit

16. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Do you still get the shells ringing in your ears?

17. Makemstine Roger

no but i have heard that burglar alarms go off whenever you enter an area

18. Makemstine Roger

sat here waiting for Pubes to reply, think this rodent has scuttled back off to his bolt hole

19. Makemstine Roger

only ****er i know with a rolf harris avatar

20. Makemstine Roger

was Rolf yor daddi