1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Jack Hobbs still has a future

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by Proud Fox, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

Sven has said that Jack Hobbs still has a future at Leicester and he isnt for sale. He said if Hull came and said they wanted to buy him Sven would if sent them packing. Come the end of the season and say Hull go up and we dont i cant see Hobbs returning to us. Why do we want to help out another team who is chasing the same targets as us. I would rather we kept Hobbs and get rid of Vitor as he is always injured and isnt as good as Hobbs.

please log in to view this image

http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/news/S...ack-Hobbs/article-3221365-detail/article.html

Also Sven has pulled out of signing a big name player because of his wage demands. Also Michael Lamey and Moreno have turned down moves to other clubs. Michael Lamey is worse then Neilson and Moreno just doesnt seem to ever get a chance

http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/news/S...e-demands/article-3221296-detail/article.html

2. Emilio_Ivanhoe_Heskeynho

Emilio_Ivanhoe_Heskeynho Active Member

TBH I'm not worried about Hull in terms of the play-offs. In that way it might benefit us if they are stronger as we have already played them twice but they still have games with other teams in the top 6.

I agree with you about Hobbs not coming back, If Sven doesn't want him now I can't see him wanting him in the Prem.

I also agree Vitor isn't as good as Hobbs, I don't see what everyone sees in him. Yes it's all very well him being good on the ball and being suited to Sven's style of football but at the end of the day his job is to defend and I don't rate that side of his game. I'd also say he he'll definitely not be with us next season but I don't know what to believe now, If we go up you never kow how much Top will be willing to splash out on the loans we have at the moment. Benfica want something stupid like £15 million for him don't they?

Lamey is useless and Moreno we haven't seen very much of in his preferred position, but I can't see him having much of a future with us even as back up.

3. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I got slated on the Hull boards for suggesting they are not our rivals.

They are playing our rivals so for him and Fryatt to take points off them benefits us more.

4. Proud Fox

We dont need to worry about anyone. There is enough games left and our fate is in our hands. We can recall Hobbs if when the loan window closes and leave Hull right in the ****. So think of it that way

5. McGregor HU5

McGregor HU5 Well-Known Member

How is your last season Player Of The Year and Super Matty Fryatt going to weaken our team, he's already scored 6 goals in 7 games...

6. Emilio_Ivanhoe_Heskeynho

Emilio_Ivanhoe_Heskeynho Active Member

Not weaken you, weaken our play-off rivals when you beat them <ok>

7. Man in the Long Black Coat

Hobbs & Fryatt will not weaken your team but they do ours. We are better than them now neither are good enough for for our team but they may well be stars in yours. Thats just the different levels our clubs now find themselves.
    Oh and get ready for some good old hefty hoofs out from the back.

8. McGregor HU5

I do beleive Leicester have a great squad but just looking around about 7 of your players are on loan, and with Sven spending every bit of cash he gets don't be surprised if you end up in debt... we almost did. On the other hand, you may have some big names but The Pearson Twins are building a great young squad for the future, as well as the present, so I would put money on Hull City getting top 2 next year...if not play-offs this year!!!

9. Leicester lad..ey up me duck

Sven has cash by the bucket load at his disposal............a few £ million's doesn't seem to even tickle the finances......its great guessing who we are going to get in the squad next..............almost as good as watching the goals go in:1980_boogie_down::emoticon-0116-evilg

10. Man in the Long Black Coat

"and with Sven spending every bit of cash he gets don't be surprised if you end up in debt... we almost did".

But we have Sven spending our money you had Phil Brown and just maybe you never really had it in first place.

Nigel will/is turning you lot into a hard to beat top 8 championship team just like he did with us. But whats the next step??

11. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

You haven't got a recall option, he's with us until the end of the season, including the play-off games(if we fluke it), though he couldn't play in the final.

12. Proud Fox

We do have recall option after 28 days

13. Proud Fox

All short term emergency loans have a recall option after 28 days. Long term you have to put a clause in and you only have Hobbs on a short term loan

14. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

We've signed him until the end of the season and you're not going to recall him, so it's a non issue.

15. Proud Fox

You have signed him for 93 days not a season. The rules state you can only make short term loans outside the transfer window. And the maximum amount of time for a short term loan is 93 days.

16. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Exactly, see Sven's thinking?

If you guys get into the playoffs with us then you'll be a CB down and we might have one extra in full confidence after playing games for you <ok>

17. McGregor HU5

Any way, I'm not even sure if he will get in the first XI, we've already got our Player Of The Season Cb Gerrard, and young james chester who are proving a very solid defence. would nigel change it around?

18. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I would be surprised if he didn't because Nigel seems to think he is worth 2m+

19. Proud Fox

Hobbs is better then Gerrard, never seen chester play so cant make a judgement

20. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

We've got the best defence in the league I can't see Nigel changing it, unless he fancies trying Chester in a defensive midfield role.

The loan is indeed 93 days, which would include the play-off games, though not the final.