1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Jack Colback - Your Opinion?

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Dorset, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Dorset

Dorset Well-Known Member

Evening lads.

We've got a thread going on our board about the future prospects of Jack Colback.
    http://www.not606.com/showthread.php/50930-colback-can-he

Jack had a stunning end to the season with us playing in the last 6 matches, due to the number of the injured players we had out. I'll admit that when he first came in he looked nervous and a little unsure of himself, but he soon settled down and started to play some really good stuff. He was so good that a few of us are even calling for Steve Bruce to build the team around him.

Unfortunately, I didn't track his progress when he was at Ipswich Town, so my question is, what did you think of him when he was on loan at your club?

2. Solly

Solly New Member

Don't see why he can't do a job for you. I'd seen he'd been playing for you guys, and he must have done ok to have been selected regularly. As many people on your thread comment, if Henderson could do it, then why can't Jack. When he turned up here it took him a while to settle, but once he had he played with a maturity far beyond his years and he is a bit of a jack of all trades (excuse the pun). A slightly more dynamic Leadbitter.

3. TractorBoyTuck

In his first spell, I thought Colback was great! But in his second, didn't think he added anything to be frank. I don't think building a team around him would be the best idea for you guys: could only see relegation being an option. But I'm sure there's plenty who'll disagree with me!