1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

IVE NEVER GIVEN UP HOPE

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by johngalleyfan2, Jan 2, 2017.

1. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

till today ..............
    every season since 2007 I have diligently kept records, been able to see patterns and able to work out that certain "bad results" are simply to do with an opposition suddenly getting it together and going on a run, or playing a large number of away games against teams at the top etc etc etc
    I got 1 season wrong when we went down I thought we would miss relegation but the turmoil from the management was a force you cant factor in.
    without really checking I think we are in the worst ever position since 2008, at the moment again without checking I think we have the worst manager in the past 6 years .... our forum has always judged on results which come from team selection tactics etc ..... and they are cr**

2. johngalleyfan2

done a rough check, worst periods cover 19 games
    last season
    lost 9 drew 7 won 3 = 16 pts
    relegation season
    lost 14 drew 3 won 2 = 9 pts
    this season
    lost 12 drew 2 won 5 = 17 pts this is current last 19 so only better by 1 pt from last seasons worst period ( first 5 games of the 19 L D W W W )

BASED ON 14 GAMES WOULD BE THE WORST ........ . . .. . . .

3. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

Keep the maths coming jgf, I have difficulty sometimes understanding them but then again I'm a Bristol City supporter.

4. Tom_BCFC

Tom_BCFC Billy Bibbit
    Forum Moderator

You're not the only one <laugh>

5. johngalleyfan2

Always happy to simplify as the cube says ......lol :emoticon-0140-rofl:

6. manxrobin

manxrobin Well-Known Member

jgf -you can prove /disprove almost anything with statistics, but if you judge LJ on a full season of 46 games which he has now completed,
    2015-16 played 21 games for 31 points,
    2016-17 played 25 games for 27 points....
    total 46 games 58 points, which on last seasons standards put us 14th.
    The unfortunate thing is that with 1 win 9 loses in last 10 games makes very uncomfortable reading and gives a distorted picture of LJ's results..
    but if judged on first 36 matches would produce 70 points- just outside top 6...........

however to lose 3-2 to Reading at home having been 2-0 in the lead with 20 minutes to play is unfortunate,but to do so twice within 5 years is unforgivable

7. johngalleyfan2

mnx as you say you can make numbers do anything you want to .. within reason .. my comparisons were based on a random of 19 games last season that looked bad... checked our relegation season to see how that compared (and did do the 3 seasons before that which were all pretty level). I was just qualifying my statement, oneway or the other, that this was the worst for x years.. actually it is pretty close ..although the 19 games are currently in progress and may get better or worse.
    on paper we have 4/5 winnable games coming up ... it will be interesting to see the state of play in 5 games time!

8. manxrobin

manxrobin Well-Known Member

jgf... don't know what you mean by random of 19 games last season that looked bad.....
    just checking our corresponding last 10 matches to last season.
    this season 3 points from 10 games....
    season 2015-16 win away at Huddersfield 2-1 and draw 2-2 i think at Ipswich, the other 7 games we lost...
    meaning that last seasons corresponding haul was only 7 points from 10 games.

Be interested to work out if in our last 10 games were finished after 75 minutes how many points would we have....

9. johngalleyfan2

MNX ..I took the worst period that stuck out, I wasn't going to premeditate on a number, it could have been 22 or 15 closer examination might make a worst run more games or less but it is has nothing to do with comparing games over the same dates, although that might by coincidence an overlap.
    it would as interesting to see if we would have had more points had the "fixed 60 minute rule for subs not become juniors rule of thumb" but that will never be because we simply do not know what would have happened had the subs not come on at that time . . the rule of everything is a straight line ...
    certainly points lost after 75 mins would be interesting ...

10. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

I've been extremely tolerant with ALL our managers. I'm always one of the last to call for change - because change itself can be just as damaging as not changing.
    My tolerance is being sorely tested though and unless we win v Cardiff I'm afraid I will have no choice but to join the call for change. Pemberton to take over.
    Right now though I really hope LJ pulls it back from the brink - changing the manager is disruptive.

11. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

I see your point and agree to some degree bcfcredandwhite but winning one game wont make a lot of difference in the grand scheme of things.

12. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Yes you are right. Winning v Cardiff will only focus attention on the next game - until we string a few wins together.
    I meant if we LOSE to Cardiff I will join the LJ out brigade - reluctantly as always, when calling for a manager to be replaced. I hate doing it.

13. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

Don't you start..