1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Its time

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by BrightredRickster, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

Ibody
    Agree with most but not so sure about Ashton. Think he's a smooth talking wide boy and weren't we told was he the one who interviewed and recommended Junior.
    Anyone who could recommend a man with such little experience for a Championship Club is not of sound mind.
    The signings he's lined up in collusion with Junior has hardly set the Championship alight either. Most can't get past the bench.
    So far it's been all smoke and mirrors.

2. gdknac

gdknac Well-Known Member

I may have this wrong, but my understanding is that LJ is Head coach- Others, I believe this to be Ashton are responsible for recruitment, transfers etc. LJ just has to manage the team.
    This seems to be the modern approach.
    What ever the outcome, the Head Coach normally goes. If he is replaced, would the new manager want to work that way?

3. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

gdknac
    I would think/hope it to be a joint effort.
    A player like Brownhill would surely have been Junior's signing.
    Ashton would, I think, agreed the terms.

4. gdknac

gdknac Well-Known Member

Yes, good point and makes good sense, Thanks. I would hope it was that way too-

5. ibodyslamrhinos

ibodyslamrhinos Active Member

He is a smooth talker, but one I'd rather have on our end of the phone. As I firmly believe it was him who got us 14 million for a player worth about half that.

I don't personally believe he had anything to do with LJ being appointed, I believe that appointment was the plan long before we even got promoted for some baffling reason. I don't know why he was appointed, or what hold the Johnsons have on Lansdown. I don't know why LJ still has this job, I certainly don't have the foggiest why his contract was renewed on the back of poor results. But again I don't believe that was Ashton's doing.

Lansdown is equally as inept as Forest, Leeds, QPR etc in my view, just in a different, friendlier way. Heart is in the right place, but footballing sense simply isn't in my view.

Redprintt likes this.
  6. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Quite agree. But this is a difficult time and therefore difficult decision need to be made.
    Other clubs (Swansea/Hull/Palarse/Rotherham/Gillingham/Notts County etc) have dismissed their Managers/Head Coaches because results and performances were so poor. We now need to do the same and not doing so will just make it harder for the new man to come in and pick up the pieces.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
    ibodyslamrhinos and Redprintt like this.