1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

It Was 20 Years Ago Today . . .

Discussion in 'Oldham' started by LaticMark, May 11, 2011.

1. LaticMark

LaticMark Member

Just been reminded that it was 20 years ago today that Neil Redfearn scored that penalty and Latics beat Sheffield Wednesday 3-2 to win the old second division championship.

I was there, standing in the roofless Chaddy End on a sunny Saturday afternoon.

As the penalty was about to be taken I couldn’t see the goal line so I leaned forward, and fell down to the next step! I never saw the ball hit the back of the net, but I still remember the noise!

I didn’t want to leave BP that afternoon, but eventually I floated up Sheepfoot Lane on my way home.

Can’t believe it was 20 years ago!

2. Midland latic

Midland latic Member

Happy times indeed - stood in lookers paddock level with the 18 yard line ( well on the wall as I was so young ) each goal there was a pitch invasion.

3. Paul_in_Yorks

Paul_in_Yorks Member

Yep - I was only 9 but I remember it well. I was stood at the Rochdale Road aspect of the main stand with my parents. Great times.

Those days will come around again, and like all true football fans we'll get much more out of it than the flaky glory hunters who ignore their local clubs in favour of following the Premiership teams. <ok>

It might be another 20 years, but they will come around again. I'm certain of it :biggrin: