1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

It may be an interest to some but Paul Ince has gone it seems.

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by Beddy, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Beddy

Beddy Plays the percentage

Never could stand the man myself. I have never rated him very much as a player or later as a manager. In truth though I am rather surprised at the board of Notts county. Giving the guy the sack after 6 months in the Job I believe. How many managers are they going to have for goodness sake. They are obviously poor judges of character that is all I will say. What are your thoughts.
    Should a club be forced to keep a new manager for a minimum time? On the other side of the coin should a manager be forced to stay a minimum of time perhaps?
    Shouldn't the FA step in to stop clubs sacking willy nilly?

Whats your view?

2. SaintsForTheWin

SaintsForTheWin Any holes a goal

I do think it's a joke. They were in League 2 last season so what do they expect? Promotion?

3. KingslandSFCMobileTuckShop

arfnoon Mr B

You're not alone with not rating as either player or manager, Ince was always a very over rated as a player!IMO

As far as minimum time period of contract goes, for both players and managers, I believe they should all honour at leat twelve months of their contracts. Especially if a manager is to be allowed to stamp his mark on the team.

Again, IMO, players and managers alike should only be able to move during the summer months, do away the mid season transfer window, only allow emergency loans. This would hopefully stop players and teams being unsettled by transfer rumours, and hence putting in transfer requests midway through the season

If players like sulky Puncheon throw their toys and dummies out, then they should be put on a very basic wage to 1. give them a good kick up the rearends and 2. make them realise how lucky and priveledged they are.

It pains me to say it, but there is very little Loyalty in the game these days, just alot of mercaneries, especially foreign ones. I know its only a short carreer, but I would say that approx. 99% of the fans are are loyal to their local club week in week out, they are the ones that pay best part of the players wages along with sponsership deals. So why can't the players show some loyalty in return?

If players were loyal and give a minimum 5 years service (proffesional contract), then give them a loyalty reward, like some industries do for long service, and no, I don't mean a gold watch!

Sorry guys/gals, rant over, time for shortie to get off his box!!

Bring on the Addicks

:emoticon-0170-ninjaCOYR:emoticon-0170-ninja

4. Beddy

Tuckshop........an average man over a 50 year cycle will probably earn about £1.75 Million. Now I know there will be variations, but we are talking average....... Just a lower league (up to Championship) average say over a 12 year span is likely to earn around £3.5 million and remember in the lower leagues they tend to play on longer so there weekly average may be lower but the playing cycle is higher probably up to 50% higher. We all know of some players that earn a darn site more than that. Have tried to keep things in the majority perspective. So in theory they should if the are average players be able to come out of their careers still quite comfortable. Unfortunately greed has come in to it. Players Like Benali, Le Tiss, Dodd are exceptions to the rule same as Davis & Lallana from the current squad. Loyalty is rare these days.
    When you get someone like Puncheon it is something else. It is not money per Se it is more of the level he wants to play, that he thinks he is capable of. Unfortunately his playing record and the number of clubs he has been at, points to the fact he is not as good as he thinks he is. While he has got his head in the clouds he is no use to anyone. I see at Blackpool he is getting less and less games. He has got a couple of goals for them but he is useless (IMO) as an impact sub. Plainly he does not like to think of himself as a squad player and feels he should be on the playing sheet week in week out. This is just not going to happen until he puts in a fair days work for a fair days wage on a regular basis. JMO for what it's worth!

5. HOADIE_BOI

HOADIE_BOI Well-Known Member

Not surprise people, as it goes, When the going gets tough Paul Ince gets going, LOL.

6. Beddy

There's something in that Hoadie......<laugh>

7. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

I think managers should be given time, but remember their pay-offs are a lot better than the few weeks pay we'd all get. So pardon me if I don't cry for Ince.

8. KingslandSFCMobileTuckShop

Thanks for that Beddy, top notch my man. You really put things into perspective when you say it like that. Forgive my oversight of the cuurent squad in my criticism of loyalty, It has already been pointed out to me ( by someone quite close) that I should have given praise to Kelvin and young Adam, hats off to them, I've already slapped my wrists for that.

As for sulky, you're spot on again.

Maybe, just maybe, with the current financial situation, and whats still to come, clubs will have to cut their cloth accordingly, then we might start to see the return of more loyal players, who knows....

Anyways, back to lubricating my throat, what with the cold I've got and all my singing I did Saturday I have no voice, just a croaky whisper!!! (and KSFC, thats not a pung its genuine, ask no.13)

See you all tomorrow at a noisey SMS!!!

9. KingslandSFCMobileTuckShop

As the great man says, yo're right there Hoadie ho.

(is it agree to agree day today or something, theres an awful lot of it on the boards today, (must mark my diary for future reference 4th April "Agree to Agree Day")<whistle>

10. HOADIE_BOI

Thanks for agreeing with me there mate, Rep for that.

11. HOADIE_BOI

LOL agree day mate, Rep for that one, Happy to see people like my point here mate.