1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Is this the start of a new rivalry with Leicester?

Discussion in 'Non-League' started by James, Nov 7, 2011.

1. James

James New Member

When we both don't get promoted and spend many years together at this level.

Or will it just be till Nigel gets sacked in May?

2. Lesta Gangsta

Lesta Gangsta Well-Known Member

Now Pearson's left you I think League One beckons..

3. RicardoHCAFC

RicardoHCAFC Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

You won't struggle that much.

4. Lesta Gangsta

<laugh>

Champion's League is our calling now our Nige is back...

5. Jerel Ifil

Jerel Ifil Well-Known Member

Let's face it, you lot need a proper two-way rivalry.

6. Lesta Gangsta

Who's yours?

Man U - Man City
    Sheff W - Sheff U

Bradford I suppose...big grudge!

7. Emilio_Ivanhoe_Heskeynho

Emilio_Ivanhoe_Heskeynho Active Member

You lot do as well <ok>

Also I'm surprised how much you lot seemed to care about beating us on Sunday <whistle>

8. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

She says on our board with no sense of irony. <doh>

9. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Don't think there will be anything up between Hull and us - you lot might against NP but otherwise this is all more or less amicable (cue Hull chairman or some other bigwig from the club interview claiming Leicester have tapped up NP or something and riling up the supporters).

The odd twat like Viking posts abuse at us but that is because of his own failing as a human being rather then any rivalry.

According to this http://www.footballfanscensus.com/issueresults/Club_Rivalries_Uncovered_Results.pdf Hull fans consider Leeds to be their biggest rivals followed by S****horpe and Grimsby.

We consider Forest our main rivals then Derby and Coventry.

Leeds consider Man Utd their main rivals followed but Chelsea and Liverpool.

Note that this survey is from 2003 but for us I think it is the same but what about for Hull and Leeds?

BTW Leeds folk - I get Man Utd but why do/did you consider Chelsea and Liverpool your rivals over teams that are closer to you geographically like Hull? Something happen in 2003 or some other historical reason?

10. Lesta Gangsta

Chelsea, like Millwall, have a lot of gangs among there supporters, so target Leeds fans who are just as bad.

11. Tigers piss on weeds

Great question, they still live in that year

12. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

<laugh> Silly ****, not once have I said anything about us having a rivalry and rarely did I ever mention your club. All I did was point out that the place is a dive full of (and probably, largely, because of) Asian people.

13. Jerel Ifil

Man U. You can have more than one two-way rivalry, you know.

No we don't. Man U sing about us almost every game they play and certainly showed (in their own way) how much they dislike us at Elland Road. Was talking to one of their fans who went to that and he said it was the best atmosphere in years and he felt it was a much more intense hatred than Liverpool or Man City these days.

You probably don't see our away fans very often then. We're like that at every ground we take over. On the other hand, your fans were obsessed with us - booing Marching On Together and singing 'Leeds scum' at every opportunity while throwing the least effective missiles I've ever seen into our section.

Why should I have?

Chelsea - several bitter matches in the 70s followed by relegation to the second division at similar times. Always seen as a bit of a Cockneys vs Northerners thing too.

Liverpool - goes back to Shankly and Revie in the 70s too and the big rivalry between the sides then. Surprised they made an appearance since I've always found the relationship between our clubs to be a friendly one. Leeds fans often complain about the 'victim mentality' of Scousers, so that might play a part in it.

For us, I don't think it has changed. Man U and Chelsea are still our biggest rivals - Chelsea even more so since their bag-of-****e ex-Chairman started buggering us. Might replace Liverpool with Millwall or Cardiff since there's been an off-the-pitch rivalry with them since our relegation. I'm not overly bothered about either of them, but they tend to be seen as our biggest rivalries in the second division.

As for Hull, there's no reason to be their rival. They're a thoroughly unoffensive - if slightly plastic - club who also play in Yorkshire and have never achieved anything worth threatening our status as Yorkshire's number one, let alone as Champions of Europe. Suppose our biggest Yorkshire hate would be one of the Sheffield sides since they've won a bit of silverware ages ago and have played us more often in the top flight.

14. Lesta Gangsta

Well we have a two-way rival with Forest. And a two-way rivalry with Derby. And Coventry.

15. Jerel Ifil

Yeah. I was talking to the Hull fans. <doh>

16. RicardoHCAFC

RicardoHCAFC Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Is that situation not more of a three way?

17. Lesta4eva

Lesta4eva Member

Hull, what a damn creative name.
    Anyway when nigel left us i was distraught. I couldnt believe it, i even wrote an article for his injustice. We finished in the playoff and we were amazing.

Im glad hes coming back, as we have a much better squad and a manager sent by gods in a parallel universe.

Btw about the asian comment, google jesus. He has a beard and is of nordic descent. Now google phil mitchell.

18. MarkoLUFC

MarkoLUFC Well-Known Member

Rivalries like that are born out of actual genuine rivalry. Throughout the several periods in our history when we've spent time challenging (or winning) the top flight, Liverpool, Man U and Chelsea were the teams around us at the time. A lot of it is to do with hooliganism on top of that as well.

19. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

Your photo's gone viral.

please log in to view this image

20. MarkoLUFC

MarkoLUFC Well-Known Member

Neither Derby nor Forest see it as two way. They are preoccupied with each other.