1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Is This a Dead Man Walking.?

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Mar 1, 2017.

1. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Bristol City boss Lee Johnson's next dilemma is only around the corner ahead of Burton Albion clash
    By a_stockhausen
    please log in to view this image

Bristol City head coach Lee Johnson

Head coach Lee Johnson will face a tricky dilemma when he comes to select a starting line-up for Saturday's crucial Championship relegation battle against Burton Albion at Ashton Gate.

Torn between fielding one or two strikers, Johnson must determine what is in the best interests of his team.

Under pressure to play two up front from fans who expect their team to attack in home games, the head coach did exactly that when deploying Matty Taylor and Milan Djuric at the apex of a 4-4-2 formation against Fulham last week.

But that ploy backfired badly as the Londoners gained control of the midfield to carve out a comfortable 2-0 success in BS3. Johnson immediately changed tactics at Newcastle last Saturday, switching to a 4-1-4-1 system, playing target man Aaron Wilbraham as a lone forward and watching his team stage a vastly improved performance to leave St James Park with a point from a 2-2- draw.
    As he prepares for back-to-back home games against Burton and Norwich, Johnson has a tough decision to make when it comes to team shape and personnel.

He admitted: "I made a tactical error and I hold my hands up to that. I decided to go with two up front because we were at home and wanted to impact upon the opposition.

"We didn't do that enough and I moved into the next game knowing I needed to make changes.

"We need to settle on a style that all of the players are happy with. Out style against Fulham was nowhere near good enough, which is why I made so many changes for the Newcastle game.

"I went with a group that I knew could be relied upon 100 per cent to do their jobs, run hard and play for the badge. It was important we had that, to show people that I had not lost the dressing room."

Although Tammy Abraham and Milan Djuric are battling injury and unlikely to be available to face Burton, Johnson still has attacking options.

He could press Wilbraham into service as a lone striker once again, or play Lee Tomlin alongside Taylor in a dual-pronged attack. While a majority of City supporters will probably welcome the latter option, that will risk leaving the Robins short of bodies in midfield against a Burton side that have a reputation for moving the ball from back to front at speed.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/bristo...albion-clash/story-30171096-detail/story.html

2. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

' He admitted: "I made a tactical error and I hold my hands up to that. '

Burton or Bust or will he still remain?

3. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

My guess is that us entering the relegation zone will be the trigger. Until then he will stay.

4. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

He looks like a troubled man probably wondering what he can do to make Bristol City a better bet next season. My suggestion is obvious I think!

5. TampaBayBCFC

TampaBayBCFC Active Member

He's a man with no honour - if he loved the club he would sacrifice his own well paid position and allow the club to have just enough time to get in a proper manager.

But no, he will continue to line his pockets and wait for the axe to fall and the payoff to come.

Quite frankly the sight of him at the moment makes me feel sick.

Redprintt likes this.
  6. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

He's certainly not covering himself in glory no matter which way you look at situation and he may do himself untold damage in the eyes of any potential future employers. People are being warned as to what they post on social media as it may come back to haunt them in later years when trying to get a job, so if you consider Lee's tweets combined with his results it begs the question as to why anyone would employ him? Sorry Lee you are totally out of your depth working for a control freak so why don't you do everybody a favour, including yourself, and give Bristol City your resignation asap.

Redprintt likes this.
  7. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

We're a poisoned chalice

8. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

MORE STOCKHASEN rubbish I suspect ....