1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Is the wigan fan home?

Discussion in 'Wigan' started by Washysafc, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Washysafc

Washysafc Well-Known Member

Just wondered where he was

2. fromthestands

fromthestands Member

Ye im`e here what do you want :emoticon-0112-wonde

3. Tom_BCFC

Tom_BCFC Billy Bibbit
    Forum Moderator

Haven't seen him in a few days but

Wigan 1-4 Sunderland <wah> shocked

4. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

I think Wigan have had it, how the cookie crumbles aye, Martinez is so one dimentional!............
    please log in to view this image

5. fromthestands

fromthestands Member

The thing is DragonPhilljack im all for playing nice football and even sexy football whatever that is but when every season we are in a relegation dogfight there is no place for it.It would be ok if we were mid table and nothing to loose but as you know we are not again. we should fight for every ball and keep possetion don`t get me wrong last nights game againts Sunderland we did just that the first half but the second half it all went wrong apart for the goal.

6. fromthestands

fromthestands Member

Ye me to BCFC Red it was a shocker of a game at least we got one goal to there four but those are the breaks i suppose but its the FA Cup at the weekend and we play Swindon at the County Ground itl be good to get back to the lower league`s to see whats going on.

7. fathamp

fathamp New Member

So what do we make of Martinez dropping diame and moses last night. Our best benched with their replacements Watson and crusat/at/rodallegs looking second best. Silly decision.

8. NoelEdmonds

NoelEdmonds Member

Fartinez is taking you back where you belong - league 2

9. Orangputeh

Orangputeh Member

The one thing 'not at home' in Wigan is LUCK! With just a fair slice, Wigan would be well away from the drop zone.

As for Martinez, he will survive because he deserves to.

A win next month against Blackburn and then three points from Wolves should be enough to emerge from danger.

10. NoelEdmonds

NoelEdmonds Member

Are you insane? Wigan are the luckiest side in the division. If it wasn't for that guy in goal you'd have been relegated by February.

11. Orangputeh

Orangputeh Member

:emoticon-0119-puke:

(With that Username, it shows that you are no 'smarter than a 10 year old'!!!):laugh:

Running from thread to thread with abuse from all sides, seek asylum elsewhere!

As for Wigan, I maintain that the win against Untd was the key to survival and just 4 points from the Fulham, Blackburn and Wolves games will be enough to stay clear of the drop.
    Martinez was absolutely right, of course, when he said that it all depends on the last match in the season.

Bottom 3 - my prediction: - QPR, Blackburn, Wolves.

12. fromthestands

fromthestands Member

tonight's game against Arsenal will be tough but like they keep the faith brother <somersault>

13. Orangputeh

Orangputeh Member

Faith survived, and so, certainly, will Wigan!

One who shall be nameless said earlier (Quote) If it wasn't for that guy in goal you'd have been relegated by February.(Unquote)
    That is the one glimmer of sanity in otherwise witless and inane posts from him.

Al Habsi was a great signing by Martinez and deserves all the plaudits for his performances. I know his uncle Soud will be very proud of him.

14. roscafre

roscafre Active Member

Fromthestands,I know your trip to Fulham was not what you wished for,
    but I hope that your day, and the rest of the Wigan fans at the Cottage
    was a pleasant and enjoyable one.
    Best of luck of luck for the rest of season, "see you next year".

15. fromthestands

fromthestands Member

You couldn't be more right roscafre as far as the game is concerned we went back to our old ways and we looked very tired with 3 games in eight days but i`m not using that as an excuse but to say fulham are a hard team to play against even when your at full fitness so really the best team won.But just to say the cottage is still one of the nicest grounds to visit being at the side of the Thames.So hopefully see you next season.

16. Goodbyen0t606

Goodbyen0t606 Active Member

Mate, I know you come in here and post by yourself. I admire that. Be proud of your team guy. They sure can play football, and the new system seems to be working for you. Hope you stay up!!

17. fromthestands

fromthestands Member

Thanks for your post Siambluebird and glad to have the very first Cardiff City fan on here don`t know what the Swansea lads will have to say about that(I herd you lads don`t get on) but like i have always said everybody is welcome on this site who have something constructive to say Anyway having said that i am proud of my team and i have criticized them in the past which i think is my right as a paying fan and i know they can play but the system is not always to everybody liking.But like i said to roscafre fulham are a team that grind you down the same as stoke do but playing 3 games in 8 days we were always going to struggle i know we will survive but as always it will be down to the last game and last minute of the season

18. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Well what a turn around, your system is really starting to click, and your players are looking comfortable on the ball, full credit to Martinez, look forward to seeing you at the Liberty next season! 4-0 against Newcastle, who would have predicted that, awesome!............ <cheers>

19. HP Sauce

HP Sauce Active Member

It's dream time at the DW at the moment - I think a lot of our lads really felt like they'd let the club down with the performance against your lot Phil, and its just been upwards since then. Maloney has made a huge difference because Gomez has always flattered to deceive, McCarthur and McCarthy have forged a helluva central midfield partnership. Caldwell, Figueroa and Alcaraz are looking like a proper defensive unit, the wing backs, Beausejour and Boyce have given us so many more options going forward. And mad Victor Moses, despite his rushes of blood to the head, is really starting to look the part.

Funny thing is we could still go down, all too easily. But that game at Blackburn, a week on Monday - that has had the look of a historic nght for weeks. A completely poisonous, night time atmosphere, Blackburn full of hate for their owners and manager, on their last home game of the season and if we beat them we propably send them down. Plus we're taking our biggest away support for a few years - yes I know its only 3000, but its big for us. They're the sort of nights that make following a club magic.

20. fromthestands

fromthestands Member

thing is DragonPhillJack Moses as come good towards the end of the season but he as told is agent he wants to leave in the summer and won`t be extending is contract at wigan so i can`t help thinking that he`s raising is game which i`m not complaining about. i just feel he`s doing it to put himself in the shop window and not for the good of the team. Have you had this happen at the Liberty with your want aways.