1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Is Mourinho a busted flush ?

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Hash., Sep 18, 2016.

1. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

Jose will always be a busted flush unless he wins his next dozen games, Pogba scores in every match, smack all teams like he did Leicester, and Rooney rediscovers his mojo.

Anyway, he can't be that good as he couldn't even get his main striker Ibra on the scoresheet :bandit:

2. The Smug One is already a dinosaur in the football World. He relies too heavily on buying the big name player, which is great is it works out, but it rarely does work out. History is littered with far more failures than successes.

The best managers in the EPL, these days, nurture youth and use good scouts to spot talent for specific roles within a properly structured team.

This is the reason why Sir Alex Ferguson told the National media that, in his opinion, Poch is the best manager currently working in the EPL. Poch not only knows what kind of team he wants and how he wants that team to play, and he not only has the superb coaching skills to get that message across to his players, but he has the talent to spot and pick the exact type of players that he needs to work that system, and he has the force of personality to get rid of useless/difficult players and to get the right players wanting to play for him.

That is why you are seeing a Spurs side that was previously good for 5th but with a chance of 4th, to one that is good for 3rd but with a chance of winning the title. And this has happened very recently and under his watch.

3. Stan

Stan Stalker

Poch and his team crumbled like a Keegan at the back end of last season resulting in what seemed like the impossible ie finishing below Arsenal. Epic management.

4. It's easy to scoff, Lightning. Fact is, though, Poch is clearly a far better manager, in every department, than The Smug One, and Spurs is a far better balanced team than United. I know you hate those two facts, but that's your problem, not mine.

As regards our crumpling at the end of last season, that was a shame. However, the fact that we were ever in a position to challenge for the title tells you something about Poch and this Spurs side. We finish our highest ever in the EPL and people like you still scoff and crow about us failing!

Can you honestly not see how stupid and bitter you seem?

5. Stan

Stan Stalker

So you consider the capitulation at the end of last season to be a sign of quality management? It must have been humiliating for the Spurs fans as it seemed almost impossible for them to finish below Arsenal. Some ****s even made bets that it wouldn't happen (and then reneged).

6. So, Lightning, you think Spurs ought to have sacked Poch at the end of last season? Is that what you, with your apparent superb knowledge of football, are asserting?

Yes or no?

7. Stan

Stan Stalker

Where did I say that? The madness caused by finishing below Arsenal and then having to welch on your bet must have resulted in voices in your head.

8. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I didn't realise David Lammy counted as the "National Media". Still, at least he's completely unbiased when making claims like that <ok>

9. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Not his words, Poch's words. Didn't he want to kill all his players after their embarrassing failure to round off the season?

Outstanding motivation right there <ok>

10. Cutting through all of your bullshit, the bottom line is that you are having a pop at Poch for not finishing at least 2nd instead of 3rd, for a Spurs team that has made massive improvements under Poch's stewardship.

Yes, it was disappointing that our young and inexperienced team lost its way during the last three matches of last season, but I'm betting that they (and Poch) will have learned from that. He certainly seems to have started this season like he started the last one. Had the team continued to fall apart, you might, in your supreme bitterness and envy, have had a point; but we haven't, and you don't.

11. Stan

Stan Stalker

Nope, personally I was commenting on how he and his team imploded when under pressure to win games and stay in the title race.

12. And?

That was the first time our young and inexperienced team (and manager) had been in that position. If we find ourselves in the position of challenging for the title again and end up finishing 3rd, I'll be more than happy, as (I am certain) will all sensible Spurs fans.

You, on the other hand, will be crowing about how Spurs crumpled under pressure again.

Or do you think that Poch and this Spurs side don't have it in them to challenge for the title again?

13. Stan

Stan Stalker

Why did they capitulate? Why didn't the manage hold the team together? As it happens, he blamed the players after the event. Poor management in that instance.

14. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

You don't need to be so defensive HIAG. Spurs had a great season, only a couple of points off the club's PL record. That's worth celebrating, even if the league was a lot less competitive last season than when AVB managed it.

Although I think you'll find in the long run that keeping the squad together should be seen as a greater achievement than one third place finish. Keeping hold of Dier, Alli and Kane and adding a couple of decent players is the real legacy, especially when you consider how badly you dropped after your last good season when Bale left.

As for challenging for the title, objectively I certainly think Spurs have it in them to have another good season and finish with around 70 points, maybe even breaking the 72 point barrier. Whether that will be enough to challenge for the title tho will really depend on the other clubs.

It's hard to see Utd, City and Chelsea all being as bad as they were last season, but then it was hard to conceive of that even a couple of seasons ago, so it could well happen. Of course even if it does there is no guarantee Liverpool and Arsenal won't put together a run to 80+ points and end up being the ones who take advantage, or even a completely random club as Leicester did last season.

15. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

I think you might be getting a little ahead of yourself (again). So far this season you have played Everton, Palace, drawn at home to Liverpool, Stoke, lost at home to Monaco then played Sunderland and Middlesbrough. Hardly top flight competition on which to judge your team's abilities. Wait until you have played a few of the top teams home and away and you might have a better idea of where you really are this season.

16. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Best wait until the season is a few more months in before declaring that Poch is this, that or the other. Same with Jose, the mixed results still leave Utd 6th with 12 points nothing is decided yet. Same at Liverpool Klopp is the messiah and we're 2nd favs for the league, it all means nothing if we lose a few games and drop down the table.

Lots of footy to be played before anyone can start to really look at challenging for titles.

17. At last, a sensible comment!

Yes, I agree with this, as would most Spurs fans.

Consistency is a must for every team in the ascendency, as we clearly are.

If Poch did "blame the players" (as you have asserted), then they clearly accepted that the blame was theirs, and hold no recriminations against the manager. Indeed, they all seem to respect him quite highly.

18. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

It's plain as daylight that Spurs are a decent side, I don't think they have to play anyone to judge that.

The fact we lost to Watford who then lost to Burnley proves United are ****e I suppose? That's playground, cliche ridden, rubbish.

All Jose needs is to get that sense of humour back. He used to have a glint in his eye, now he rarely does. Which is a shame. I hope he gets it back and he becomes likable again.

19. True.

We're playing our title rivals, City, at the weekend.

There's no other team quite in our league, at the moment. Okay, the NLD will be tough and could go either way, but that's only because Arsenal always raise their game against us.

I really cannot wait to play United and Chelsea, this season! Big games for you lot, but not so much for us, these days.

City is definitely the team that we - Spurs - have to beat.

luvgonzo likes this.
  20. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Terrible fishing HAIG no ****ers biting on that ****e.

Hoddle is a god likes this.