1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Is it time to put Bernie in a home?

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Max Whiplash, Apr 22, 2012.

?

Is it now time to put Bernie in a home?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Involuntary Euthanasia

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Max Whiplash

Max Whiplash Well-Known Member

It is becoming clear that the old man's judgement is increasingly impaired: divorced from reality, he lives in his own strange world of indulgent fantasy; he confidently asserts peace and normality where everyone else sees only chaos, violence and death; responsible for the safety of thousands of people who dare not defy his orders, he puts their lives at risk for the sake of a single race weekend and his bountiful bank balance; surely the time has come.

Isn't the only humane solution to put him in a home where kind nurses and carers can take the weight off his shrivelled shoulders and failing faculties? Come on, after all these years you know he deserves it.

2. SgtBhaji

SgtBhaji Well-Known Member

I still have no clue how he hold so much money and influence. He's a leach and should have been stunted (pardon the pun) decades ago.

He cares only for his own pocket book and is ruining the sport to irreparable limits. He needs to go, but I don't know how it can ever happen without the sport imploding first. I despise what he has made this sport. I can't stand his greed.

Be gone!

3. El_Bando

El_Bando Can't remember, where was I?
    Forum Moderator

I wouldnt go as far as putting him down, but yes

4. u408379965

u408379965 Well-Known Member

Don't agree that it's his judgement that's out, he's as shrewd as ever and knows exactly what he's doing, he just has no conscience at all and will trample over anyone to make a quick buck. I took the involuntary euthanasia option. <ok>

5. Smithers

Smithers Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Put him on his own in the streets of Bahrain and see what stupid commenst he comes out with then? Its very easy to be flippent when you fly around in private jets with personal body guards!

6. Stephen Lickorish

I don't know. If he goes, then dare I say it, we may get someone even worse in his place...

7. McFerrari

McFerrari Member

He is a geriatric mess of a human now. He is nothing short of an embarrassment to the sport now. Yes he did a lot for the sport but he should have been gone at least 10 years ago now.

8. allsaintchris.

allsaintchris. Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

Watched this last night. Reckon Bernie would play Nicholson's role quite well in taken over the asylum!

Attached Files:

9. Justjazz

Justjazz Well-Known Member

Ok so Bernie has all the criticism and for sure he deserves a lot. His power extends beyond his authority. But he was probably correct when he said the FIA had to call it off, not him. So Jean Todt should receive 50% of the blame. He is in bernies pocket. For me, I would rather F1 had stayed away, but then few criticise F1 in China, or F1 In the UK when the IRA were active. So really we all have double standards, or at least could be challenged to defend a view. One has a poor human rights record the other having been potentially dangerous...might be biased since a friend was once injured by an Ira bomb. 1 man dead though, because of F1, on bernies and jeans conscience. That is the difference, for me at least.

Just hope the olympics does not cost lives.

10. ErnieBecclestone

ErnieBecclestone Well-Known Member

He cant get much further down, he only just off the floor when he's at full stretch.:smiley:

11. RoadRunner

RoadRunner Well-Known Member

He'll be suggesting green shells and banana peels next. <doh>

12. Nazara

Nazara Active Member

That wouldn't be a bad idea.

13. ErnieBecclestone

ErnieBecclestone Well-Known Member

Initially, Bernie Ecclestone did a brilliant job bringing together with the help of Max Mosely the squabbling F1 teams during the late 70s and making F1 the big universal TV sport it is today and even managing to outwit the evil Balestre on occasion.

Nowadays's of course he sees himself as invincible as do most of his type and that's his Achilles heel that could well bring him down, thinking one is invincible leads to errors in judgement, ask Hitler, Nixon, Thatcher, or even the dirty digger himself, Murdoch, so I don't think we need to wait long before he topples himself, with the help of an ambitious equally greedy successor, naturally.

14. RoadRunner

RoadRunner Well-Known Member

I want to punch him. So, so badly.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/116761

15. allsaintchris.

allsaintchris. Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've just read that as well.

CVC need to kick him out. His whole ethos and attitude will destroy the sport.

He's practically saying that the sponsor's are wasting their time (Rolex, get it?) as most of the audience aren't interested in their products!

16. El_Bando

El_Bando Can't remember, where was I?
    Forum Moderator

I am this close to switching off. Seriously

17. eddie_squidd

eddie_squidd Well-Known Member

I can't afford a Rolex either. Should I stop watching?

"And, I don't know what the so-called 'young generation' of today really wants. What is it?"

There is the nub of the problem. Go, Bernie. Just go.

18. EternalMSC

EternalMSC Well-Known Member

The stupid graphical adverts (mid race "Bernie Says Drive Safely") and lack of gravel traps piss me off.

19. TomTom94

TomTom94 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, Bernie, the young generation disagrees with you, and they are the unspoken majority who pay the bills.

20. eddie_squidd

eddie_squidd Well-Known Member

There's something very Big Brother about those messages, isn't there? Classic megalomaniac behaviour. Reminds me of the pronouncements of "Uncle" Joe Stalin.