1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Is it the last Arsenal season for Bellerin?

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by EmirAleks, Sep 19, 2016.

1. EmirAleks

EmirAleks Well-Known Member

2. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

Well done on the amount of effort put into this thread, I wish more people tried this hard <whistle>

3. Sucky

Sucky peoples champ & forum saviour

yes.

4. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

To answer the question though, no I don't think so. His contract runs until 2019, so including this season he has three more years contracted to the club and we don't need the money so have no need to sell when we don't want to. He also during the summer made comments that he is happy at Arsenal and expects to be here for many more years.

It wouldn't surprise me if the reported interest from man city and Barca is true, but I don't think he is going anywhere soon.

5. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Noooooo.

6. Sanj

Sanj Well-Known Member

Depends on Bellerin, if he tries to force the move, then I can't see Wenger keeping him against his will, that's not really Wenger's style. If I was Bellerin, I would stay at Arsenal for a few more years and continue to develope, he is by no means the finished product and really needs to improve his play in the final third, if he wants to play for a team like Barca, and let's be honest, if any of the top three teams in the world (Barca,Bayern and Real Madrid) came calling nearly all our players would have their heads turned.

7. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

He's not the 'finished product?' I mean I agree he can get better but he's already better than nearly every RB out there. There's only 2-3 guys I would pick above Bellerin and he's only 20.

8. ToledoTrumpton

ToledoTrumpton Well-Known Member

I get the impression that Bellerin was irritated in some way by Barcelona when he was there. I don't think he feels he was well treated. I don't know if this is true, but I have picked up this idea from the comments he has made and those made by his family over the years.

I know that a number of Barcelona graduates have said that their academy is a bit of a boot camp and a meat factory, and they are just a number in there.

Much is made of him being a Catalan and Barcelona seem to think he should jump at any offer, but I don't think he particularly wants to go back there. He certainly has never really expressed an interest in going back, as far as I know.

9. EmirAleks

EmirAleks Well-Known Member

I hear what you are saying. He clearly feels at home here, and his kind of North London English reminds me very much of my son (who even looks very similar). He does not look homesick that's for sure.
    But Barca is hard to resist for a Catalan. I think he is one player who can outgrow Arsenal.