1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Is Anybody Leaving In January/Latest Transer Window News

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by old timer, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Some dumb people on twitter. I made it known that im underwhelmed about this signing however I will support the new player. I then got this response!.

I then replied with this which got this response...

I then reponded with this...

Gasheadseamge79 likes this.
  2. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

<laugh>

3. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

So basically, going by this person, im not allowed to support players who are on the bench and he accuses me of saying he dont say his support when I didnt say anything about his support full stop! I think he could start an arguement in an empty house!

4. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

That's social media for you I'm glad I'm not on facebook (anymore) that's even worse.

5. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

:1980_boogie_down:Joe Lumley?
    Absolutely fabulous!!

6. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

Trouble is, and this is just my take on it, I think the Rovers are still looked upon by the 'greater footballing community' as a bit of a joke club and sadly this will remain until we can get ourselves encamped in this new much promised stadium. If you notice, we never seem to be able to secure the services of any half decent players from clubs in and around us or even one level up, it always seems to be players that have played previously for the manager or in this case a player from a club managed by a former player / manager. I wonder if anyone at the club actually has any real contacts with clubs up and down the country for which they have not had previous associations with ?

7. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

No I wouldn't of thought many have contacts. DC definitely doesn't have any contacts except for players who played for him at Salisbury and maybe because he's so stubborn not many players want to play for him. We're still lacking majorly in the scouting department do we actually have any?

8. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

I WILL SUPPORT ANY PLAYER WHO PUTS ON THE BLUE AND WHITE QUATERS OF BRISTOL ROVERS whether I rate him or his abilty

9. old timer

See Richard O'Donnell has left City championship G / K gone to Rotherham

10. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

11. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

Six members of the Bristol Rovers squad have today been told that they are not in the club’s plans for the future.

Manager Darrell Clarke said; “Mark McChrystal, Liam Lawrence, Jermaine Easter, Will Puddy, Tyler Lyttle and Jay Malpas are the players involved and I have told them that they will no longer be considered for selection for the first team.
    “It was a tough decision to make, but by making it now it gives these players, who remain under contract with Bristol Rovers, the opportunity to find themselves a new club

Captain Jack Sparrow likes this.
  12. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

Easter is a massive surprise well DC you better buck your ideas up and get some players in you've failed miserably this season.

13. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

But keepers dont wear blue and white quarters <whistle>;)

old timer likes this.
  14. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Good decision on them all but surprised with Easter. Then again, he hasnt had much game time this season. I just thought when he has, he has been good.

So now these players have been told they are no longer wanted, our squad has just got a whole lot smaller. Unless, while these players are still with us that DC will still use them. But I would be mad if he decides to use them as why would they put in 100% if they know they aint wanted? Yes, they want to impress a new club but its just not the same. So these players should not be allowed to be involved in match day squads. If we cant get rid in this window then loan them out.

Getting rid of McChrystal when we are short of CD's means DC better get in a new CD or maybe even 2 of them asap.
    Getting rid of Puddy means Lumley is our official number 1 until Mildenhall is back. Surprised Mildenhall is not on the list to go. I guess DC will get another keeper in the meantime to compete with Lumley??
    Lawrence wont be a miss for me so not bothered with him. He only plays on the wing when he plays full stop and he aint no winger.
    Easter will need to be replaced, unless DC wants to keep Luke James and although when he signed, I was happy, he hasnt scored for us due to limited time on the pitch but I just aint confident in him.
    Malpas and Lyttle didnt make the grade so no great loss.

We now need another in this transfer window...
    GK
    LB
    CD x2
    CM
    CF

I think DC is really doing this now to get rid of these players to free up wages to get in players to fill in the above positions.

old timer likes this.
  15. old timer

CJS Whatever colour the G / K wears if he is part of the TEAM IN BLUE AND WHITE QUATERS HE WILL GET MY SUPPORT

I wonder if it is now a question of watch this space I cant believe after getting all the loan players in case of suspension or injury that he has now decided that these things will not happen to Bristol Rovers in the second half of the season

16. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

What happens when we play in yellow then, do they then not get your support? <whistle><laugh>;)

Gasheadseamge79 and old timer like this.
  17. old timer

AS I have only been to one away match in the last three seasons that is down to major Hair Splitting CJS but in case of that happening at home or that I do find time ETC to go to an away match it applies to whatever colour kit that the ROVERS wear on that particular day

18. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

My guess....

Easter will go to Newport on loan until the rest of the season.

McChrystal will go back to tranmere or a club near by like Southport, Wrexham or Chester. I think he will drop out of the football league, unless a football league club comes in for him like Yeovil or Newport come in for him.

Puddy will drop out of the football league too.

Malpas and Lyttle will go to clubs like Weston and Bath or other local clubs like Gloucester.

Lawrence will sign up for disability benefits <laugh>

All just a guess!

19. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

<laugh><ok>

What happens if we have to go skins (topless) due to home and away shirt clashing with the opposition? <whistle>

20. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

<laugh>