1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ipswich Town v Leeds Utd match thread / The Breakfast Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Feb 16, 2017.

?

Scoreline: Ipswich Town v Leeds Utd

Poll closed Feb 18, 2017.
  1. 0-0

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 1-1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 2-2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. -3 or higher

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Town by 1

20.0%
  6. Leeds by 1

40.0%
  7. Town by 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Leeds by 2

30.0%
  9. Town by 3 or more

20.0%
  10. Leeds by 3 or more

10.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

Ipswich Town v Leeds Utd
    Saturday 18th February 2017@3pm
    Streaming links to follow

Good Morning Everyone,

Leeds make the 200 mile trip down to Ipswich on Saturday in the persuit of 3 more points.

I would have thought the team will pretty much be the same as it was during our 2-1 win over Bristol City unless Charlie Taylor is fit in time.

Ipswich will be without in-form and free-scoring Tom Lawrence. The Town winger has been ruled out of Saturday’s clash with Leeds after picking up his 10th booking of the season for dissent

The 23-year-old has come up with 10 goals and five assists this season, eight of those strikes coming since the turn of the year.

He will be sorely missed by the tractor boys and was pivotal in gaining a draw against Brighton last week.

Lastly, gaff of the season:-

Phil Hay Retweeted
    please log in to view this image
    Paul Hayward ‏@_PaulHayward
    10h10 hours ago
    Sums up Arsenal's dreadful night that Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is on the pitch on his own clapping the wrong fans. Bayern's clapping him back

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  2. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Police will put in place a number of road closures during the day to help ensure another peaceful encounter between the two clubs.

Acting Superintendent Paul Bradford, of Suffolk Constabulary, said: “We would ask both sets of supporters to enjoy the game in a responsible and respectful way, and our policing style will be firm, friendly and fair.

“We hope that people enjoy the match sensibly and in the right spirit, as we will not tolerate anti-social behaviour, violence, racial chanting, mindless vandalism or any alcohol-fuelled disorder.

“We expect around 2,000 Leeds supporters to travel to Portman Road, many of them by coach, and because of this access to Portman Road will be restricted before and during the match, and closed for a short period of time after it.”

A large part of the Old Cattle Market car park in the town centre will be closed to vehicles in order to accommodate the travelling Leeds coaches.

Portman Road will be closed for around 15 to 30 minutes after the match to allow Leeds fans to re-board their coaches and to help the fleet depart.

Town fans leaving the Sir Alf Ramsey Stand will be able to leave the stadium towards Princes Street, but Portman Road towards Handford Road will be closed.

Town supporters leaving the Sir Bobby Robson Stand will not be able to walk down Portman Road. Instead, they will need to walk around the Old Cattle Market car park to reach Princes Street.

Acting Supt Bradford added: “Availability of spaces at the Cattle Market Car Park will be reduced because of coach parking and we’d ask that residents and visitors to the ground are aware of the arrangements to ensure the day runs as smoothly as possible.

“We know that the vast majority of fans attending will be there to enjoy the game and we will be there to welcome them. Officers will be approachable and are there to ensure the safety of those attending the match and members of the public wishing to go about their normal business.”

3. BoggersMOT

BoggersMOT Well-Known Member

Morning Elland, morning all. Whilst it won't be straightforward, I can't see anything other than 3 more points for Leeds. Would be good to get the game won early, as we need to protect Jansson & Bartly

4. Mr Wolves-White

Mr Wolves-White Well-Known Member

Morning all

In general would have thought that Big Mick would have got Ipswich a lot higher in the couple of years.

Regarding Arsenal last night it just show that Wenger needs to go. I was watching Arsenal Fan TV last night and Oxlade-Chamberlain was the only one applauding the fan after the game when he eventually found the Arsenal fans.

Doc likes this.
  5. LeedsLover

LeedsLover Well-Known Member

I think this is going to be a tight match,

Ipswich are pretty much a championship mid table team who are capable of beating the bigger teams from time to time.

I think we're going to need our midfield to be on ball for this one, looks like a draw to me, but wouldn't be surprised if either team nick it late in game.

6. BoggersMOT

BoggersMOT Well-Known Member

Good call all round LL

7. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Think this is the toughest season so far for Mick & according to my bruv in law (season ticketer) He has no money & has average players at best & he is wringing the neck out of what he has. They always want to beat us so will be tough but we should/need to take all 3 points

8. Mr Wolves-White

Mr Wolves-White Well-Known Member

TBH I think there must be a massive culture shock to go from Wolves to Ipswich. He had a decent squad surrounded by bigish clubs around him to country pumpkins with Keane and Jewell left overs and not that great players compared to Wolves. I couldn't imagine McCarthy walking out to unemployment but I could imagine that if a bigger club comes calling I can see going.

9. bucks_is_leeds

bucks_is_leeds Jonny big spuds
    Forum Moderator

Morning all <ok>

Big game. I think we will nick it 0-1

10. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

Morning lads, I always look forward to when Leeds come down to Portman Road as your supporters always inject much needed atmosphere in the ground. I wish all those travelling to Suffolk a safe journey and hopefully not the 3 points on the way back!

11. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

If Ipswich could play Tom Lawrence. i would have gone for 5-0 Ipswich but without him im going for 3-0 Ipswich because they would love to help their neighbours close the gap and get into the playoffs <whistle>

12. johnnywarksmoustache

It was all going so well up until the final line! <laugh>

A win against Leeds on Saturday will feel like my Mother in Law driving off a cliff in my brand new Mercedes if the Sister Shaggers benefit from it!

FORZA LEEDS and Marcos Barber like this.
  13. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

tough game for you mukka every goal you score will be cheered by Norwich <laugh>

14. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

Do Mercedes make Tractors <whistle>

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  15. johnnywarksmoustache

No worries we will beat Norwich the following week to return the favour! <ok>

16. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

you have 2 hopes <laugh>
    see you next season <cheers>

17. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

Crew,crew,crew

18. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

Two more hopes than you then!

19. w.c.dukenfieldesq

w.c.dukenfieldesq Well-Known Member

I don't think all that boozing is doing you any good.

20. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

very true <ok>
    we dont need to hope