1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ipswich Leeds highlights

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by LeedsLover, Feb 19, 2017.

1. LeedsLover

LeedsLover Well-Known Member

The general consensus says Leeds put in a poor performance, very short highlights (getting shorter and shorter) seem to agree and show Ipswich were unlucky not to get the winner.

It was a well fought for goal by Dallas (Leeds first shot on target), but Green put in an half hearted animated attempt at stopping Ipswich's goal.

We seem to be at the point where it's going to be all or nothing, the football ain't brilliant and the players play like they're tired and are in need of rejuvenation, whatever that rejuvenation may be, and it certainly ain't oranges.

Thankfully the players have a weeks rest from playing, then it's up against Wednesday who do play the Tuesday before.

On our present form Birmingham City won't be easy either, then there's Fulham, QPR, Brighton and then Reading. We need to get the gears fixed now.

Monk interview

Micks interview

Leeds United fixtures
    http://www.skysports.com/leeds-united-fixtures

2. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Thanks for highlights, LL.

Sadly, they've told me something I didn't want to know, though. That Ayling lost his man again to lose us the goal. 2 matches in a row, and if you watch the last attack, he lost his man again. Can't say it's a trait I've noticed before, but you'd think he would have got a kick up the arse after last week so that it wouldn't happen again, and yet here we are, next game, with 100 seconds of highlights, and he's done it twice! I can't say I'm happy. I've already noticed his habit of not cutting out crosses, now this. Perhaps this is what the Bristol boys were talking about.

3. brisbane-lion

brisbane-lion Well-Known Member

Do you mean to say there were HIGHLIGHTS from a one all draw? **** me. You guys are hard up for glory aren't you. <laugh><laugh><laugh>

4. LeedsLover

LeedsLover Well-Known Member

He did Jock, even Popey and Whelan said it after it happened. Personally, I prefer Berardi there but it ain't going to happen. Ayling has had players in past get around him in past games too.

Either chinks are starting to appear in Aylings armour, or he's getting mentally and physically tired; either way, the training staff should be picking it up. My fear is, the closer we get to the playoffs, the more players are going to show signs of fatigue, Monks been pretty much playing the same players week in week out.....:emoticon-0148-yes:

5. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

There is a fine line between banter and antanoganism. We make you welcome here but dont cross it.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  6. BoggersMOT

BoggersMOT Well-Known Member

Morning all. Not a good day. But a point when we're not playing well isn't too bad. Taylor will come into the mix for next week. Probably won't start, but will give Monk the opportunity to move things around a bit.

We will need some pace up front against the Wendies. So expect a few changes. A couple of days break, plus playing on a decent surface will help us. Full house at home. Take us to bounce back and win 2-1

7. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Their goal was a misplaced simple pass by us then the Ipswich player skipping around a static Vieira and the guy who misplaced the pass in the first place, I wouldn't blame Ayling personally for that one...

On Sky Merson described it as excellent play by Ipwisch, nothing Leeds could have done about it and he said Leeds were playing really well at the time... Okay only 9 minutes in, just repeating what he said though..

Mick Mills said Bridcutt was our stand out player, Bridcutt had missed the midweek game with Bristol so surely he would have been one of the freshest players to warrant a start? If he had started ahead of Vieira would we have conceded that opening goal?

Good that Monk made the change at half time but starting an important game with your captain on the bench?

LeedsinYork and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  8. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

A draw at Ipswich playing badly is a good point anytime. The worrying thing is the poor performances have now dragg d on too long. I don't know the remedy but Monk needs to find it shortly

ristac likes this.
  9. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

I'm happy with our performance and I would've taken a point before the game against a very decent Leeds side. Your fans were magnificent yesterday and didn't stop singing! We have definitely turned a corner and it's set us up nicely fior our Old Farm Clash next week. I hope those who made it down to Suffolk had a good trip back and good luck for the rest of the season. Just give those canary Tossers a good going over at Elland Road! <ok>

10. BoggersMOT

Got it in one Eire. Let's hope we take it out on the Wendies next week

11. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

Likewise with you next week. Do us a favour and **** up their playoff chances <ok>

12. BoggersMOT

& if you can win the Old Farm clash, we'll both be content

13. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

We will do our best lads. It's about time we gave them budgie cnuts a good hiding.

14. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

You'll have big Dave back to help.

johnnywarksmoustache likes this.
  15. TC (Lovely Geezer)

TC (Lovely Geezer) Well-Known Member

Poor performances started with the Sutton game - just saying <ok>

16. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Defending the decision to field such a piss poor weakened team against Sutton isn't looking so clever now. I would rather have been looking forward to taking on Arsenal tomorrow and having that game in hand against Ipswich to look forward to.

I know there is a lot of banter on here but seriously, I am so glad you beat Leicester yesterday, just want them relegated now.

EDIT - Defending Decision = Monk not having a go at other fans

TC (Lovely Geezer) likes this.
  17. BoggersMOT

Enjoy your moment in the sun TC.

TC (Lovely Geezer) likes this.
  18. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

They didn't beat Leicester anymore than Sutton beat us. Both beat reserve teams that's all and victors in both cases field their full squads in the hope of a little giant killing. The FA cup needs a Champions League spot for the winners or scrap the farce altogether

19. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Not sure how true but someone told me the other day that the winners of the FA Cup get £1.5m compared to £100m for staying in the PL

Answer is simple, give all teams in the PL £97m - With the £60m that saves increase the prize money for the Q/F onwards. Even introduce some rule that if you get knocked out by a lower division team you get less prize money.

Teams and players only understand one thing now and that is money

Millwallsteve and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  20. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

My thought as i saw the line up before kick off.bench viera for me on saturday.

ristac likes this.