1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Introductions

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by Cautious_Canary, Apr 29, 2011.

1. Cautious_Canary

Hello all, thought I'd better Introduce myself, as I am new on here.

I have been an avid reader Of BBC 606 for quite some time now, and what with its imminent closure I though I should 'take the plunge' myself and join 'not'. Even for the many of us who enjoyed "watching from the sidelines" on BBC 606 It was a great source of footballing debate, so its a shame its going!

Being only seventeen, one of my early memories was the Play off Final against Birmingham in Cardiff, and the agonising penalty shoot-out after extra time. A couple of years ago when Roeder and Doncaster were at the helm it was difficult to see us challenging for the top flight again so soon; however we are on the brink once again! (Although fingers crossed the play-offs will not be needed!)

well, just a quick question to start off with:
    Which of our injury time winners this season has been the most enjoyable? For me its probably one of these two;

1)Simeon's Hat trick completing goal against Derby:3-2
    What with Robbie Savage and a poor referee angering the Carrow road faithful, Sim's deflection into the net sent us into hysterics! And just maybe its a goal that we'll look back on in two games time as being extremely important.

2)Lansbury's goal agaist Millwall under the floodlights: 2-1
    We played pretty poorly in that second half and there were occasions were Millwall almost caught us on the break and took all 3 points. When Lansbury scored it was pure relief, and night games always seem to make it a little bit more speacial.

2. HOADIE_BOI

HOADIE_BOI Well-Known Member

Welcome mate, Hope you have a good time on here, If you ever need any help message me and I will be happy to help you,
    In reply to that question, as a gills fan and someone who keeps an eye open for your results, I have to go for The Jacko hat-trick Goal.

3. Cautious_Canary

Cheers HOADIE, certainly couldn't have foreseen Jackson scoring two hatricks in a month!

4. HOADIE_BOI

No he didn't even do that for us, I think we need players scoring hat-tricks for us in the last few games we have had as we have been **** of late.

5. HOADIE_BOI

Have you accepted my friends request mate.

6. Cautious_Canary

<ok> Yeah I have

7. SUPERNORWICH 23

SUPERNORWICH 23 SUPERNORWICH

Welcome C O C, Remember post your own views but try not to wind people up on the other boards..Canary dave is our moderator and is pretty fair, as opposed to the bbc mods............ I m sure not everyone agrees with my thoughts but thats part of the fun...Sure beats reading the papers for up to date news on all thing NCFC.... Have fun mate<ok>

8. Cautious_Canary

Hi and thanks super <ok>
    and its not like the national rags ever right much about the Championship anyway.

Now I see my abbreviated User name I can see I should have spent longer thinking about it <laugh>

9. HOADIE_BOI

That is great, Hope to speak to you many times on here in the near future.

10. ncgandy

ncgandy Well-Known Member

Now I see my abbreviated User name I can see I should have spent longer thinking about it
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

<laugh> We've all done it, but it made me laugh! Welcome, anyway!

Though it's true what you say about you not having seen many 'regimes', you've surely witnessed the worst with the Doncaster/Roeder dynasty?

How far we've progressed in a such a short time with the Bowkett/McNally/Lambert 'Holy Trinity'!

As to your question, I know it's easy to pick the latest one, but does it get any better than Simeon's third against Derby? <ok>

11. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

I just love listening to Radio Norfolk's commentary on that winner against Derby! Absolute classic <ok> <laugh>

12. ncgandy

ncgandy Well-Known Member

Chaaaaaaaaance! <biggirliescream>

It's gonna go in, it's gonna go in! Haha.

Absolutely first class commentary!

13. CanariesSoccer

CanariesSoccer Well-Known Member

Welcome Cautious (think abbreviating it to cautious is better!).

Being relatively new to this board I have to say how great it is to have some new, honest contributors, as opposed to the variety of faux-Canaries we were getting on 606.

Look forward to getting stuck in to some proper discussion!

All the best.

PC

14. SUPERNORWICH 23

SUPERNORWICH 23 SUPERNORWICH

I genuinely didn t click that it was a rude word, i type with one finger and was never going to type your full username mate...P C is Pc but i have no knowledge of his views on womens rights or minority groups... BBC was a little cliquey at times and unless you joined the forum Masons ie <snakepit> you were deemed to be a faux fan.. These boards are free for all NCFC followers, and apart from 2 Wind Up Merchants its a friendly place to sound off or read whats going on..Enjoy<ok><cool>