1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

International Racing

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by Cyclonic, Sep 14, 2016.

1. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

Possibly laid the fav in running?

Ron likes this.
  2. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

3. Cyclonic

Cyclonic Well Hung Member

Today in Japan, the third leg of the Global Sprint Challenge was run. Following in the steps of Terravista who won the Lightening at Flemington and The Right Man in the Al Quoz, the four old colt Seiun Kosei put some serious value to his name with a fine win in the Takamatsunomiys Kinen. He's No 6 in the yellow, dark bands, white sleeves and red cap. He looked to have them covered on the corner, but down the running, he certainly had the better going out wide. The filly Let's Go Donki, No 2, in the black with blue sleeves and yellow shoulders seemed a good thing beaten. She missed the kick and was forced to make her run on the worst part of the course.

4. Cyclonic

Holy ****. You can keep the Epsom Derby, Grand National, Kentucky Derby, Melbourne Cup and the Arc, this is now my favourite type of racing. Twelve minutes of pulsating entertainment, where when you think it's all over .... it aint. Talk about stamina, the best of these athletes are amazing. I don't know how important this race was, but I think it might have been a serious event. If what I could pick out from the commentary is right, some of the owner's names mentioned were leading folk. Some sort of racetrack too. I think the roads on each side of it might be part of the complex. I read that a great camel can fetch up to $30 million. At about 6:20 into the race, the winner with No 1 on it's neck starts to make it's move from well back. I hope you enjoy the race as much as I did. :)

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
  5. OddDog

Staff Member

Hey Cyc just a quick note mate to say: stay the **** away from Debbie <ok>

Be safe Cyc

SwanHills likes this.
  6. Bostonbob

Bostonbob Well-Known Member

7. Cyclonic

Thanks for the concern Oddy. As far as the cyclone is concerned, the eye is going to hit a fair way from us, so we're safe. Our problem looks like being a torrential down pour in a couple of days. They predict 12-14 inches in 24 hours.

8. OddDog

Staff Member

No worries mate.

12-14 inches eh? Sounds familiar .............. <laugh>

SaveTheHumans and Cyclonic like this.
  9. Cyclonic

Todd Pletcher and John Velazquez made a one act affair in yesterday's G1 Florida Derby with the flash colt Always Dreaming, who sat on the pace and proved too strong down the running. Starting the second favourite behind the boom colt Gunnevera who missed the kick and was I thing ridden pretty poor ride, Always Dreaming always had the race in his keeping. The win promoted him to third in order of merit for the Kentucky Derby. The second horse is now sixth.

10. Cyclonic

On Saturday Chautauqua went to Randwick in Sydney, looking to add another G1 TJ Stakes Smith win to the two he'd already won. Is there a better way to win a $2,500,00 race than this? As usual, he settled a long last. <applause>

11. OddDog

Staff Member

****s sake Cyc, talk about coming from another parrish to win. Jeeeeeeeez <yikes>

Made up what, 12 lengths in the last 200m? Awesome display of finishing speed.

Cyclonic likes this.
  12. Cyclonic

Girvin wins the Louisiana Derby but stays an outsider for the Kentucky race.

13. Cyclonic

The Kentucky Derby betting is a real mystery to me. The difference in prices between the Oddschecker site and the US are amazing. If these prices are right, maybe there's a chance to clip a few bucks. The prices below are USA first and Oddschecker's best odds second.

Always Dreaming. 33-10 ... 10-1.
    Mc Cracken. 5-1 ... 8-1.
    Classic Empire. 11-2 ... 16-1.
    Gunnevera. 11-2 ... 20-1.
    Malagacy. 6-1 ... 20-1.
    Tapwrit. 8-1 ... 14-1.
    Thunder Snow. 8-1 ... 20-1.

14. Cyclonic

Today at Randwick in Sydney, Winx went into the stalls for the $4,000,000 G1 Queen Elizabeth Stakes, looking to run her winning streak to 17. During the week, some brave soul stuck $300,000 in her to win $36,000. She drew the 3 gate and is number 9. She's in the Blue with white M on back.

SwanHills likes this.
  15. bayernkenny

bayernkenny Well-Known Member

Is 36,000 Australian bucks enough for a visit to the Oktoberfest?

16. Cyclonic

25,498.94 in Euros Kenny. :)

17. bayernkenny

<party>Just thought that you might have been the 'mystery' punter!

Cyclonic likes this.
  18. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

Just about cover two weeks of festivities, with friends, at present day prices! Price of a Maß beer (1-litre) just keeps going up and up. <laugh>

19. bayernkenny

At least the hotel and 'pension' mark ups are not as great as those in the UK; f**k knows how much it costs for Edinburgh hotels during the Arts Festival or New Year. Similar 'theft' during the NH Festival in Cheltenham and various seaside resorts during the week of 'The Open Championship'.

Here in 'Auld Reekie' we now host a German/Bavarian (????) Beer Festival where there is an entrance fee ranging from £10 to £60 (VIP) and a litre of imported (?????) beer costs about a 'tenner'.

If I recall correctly there was a 'charge' of about 10 Euros a night added to hotel fees during Oktoberfest. I have not however been to this event for about fifteen years. The quieter more locally influenced 'Fruhlingsfest' in Munich along with similar folk festivals in Regensburg and Nurnberg are more to my taste in my dotage!

20. Cyclonic

Yesterday Gormley took out the G1 Santa Anita Derby to assure himself a Kentucky run. It's hard to see him winning on this effort.