1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Interest - Lewis Morgan (Winger)

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Apr 15, 2017.

1. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Bristol City and Sheffield United eye move for 20-year-old St Mirren winger Lewis Morgan

Bristol City and Sheffield United are keen on St Mirren winger Lewis Morgan.
    The 20-year-old flyer, a Scotland Under-21 international, has scored nine goals and provided 12 assists this season which has also drawn scouts from Scottish and English Premier League sides.
    Morgan started his career with Rangers and was man of the match on his debut for Scott Gemmill's Scotland Under 21s side against Estonia last month.

please log in to view this image

Bristol City and Sheffield United are targeting St Mirren winger Lewis Morgan ~The 20-year-old has netted 10 times in 72 career appearances for the Saints

The youngster has been used sparingly since breaking into the first team in 2014. But now three seasons on he is becoming a regular in the Saints side.
    He injured his ankle earlier this month against Ayr but hopes to make a comeback before the end of the season.
    Morgan signed a one year extension last August which will see him contracted to the club until 2018.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4414106/Bristol-City-Sheffield-United-target-Lewis-Morgan.html

banksyisourhero likes this.
  2. Shinycitylad7

Shinycitylad7 Looking at the stars mate

A player from Scotland... can't be just me that think we should steer well clear from any of their players. They always come down and they are always ****e! About 1 in 50 make it. He could but I'd rather we go for PROVEN talent. No more 20 year old potentials as we'll be in exactly the same position as we're are next year if we're lucky to stay up.

Go and spend 3-4 million on ready to go players Lansdown. It's looking as though backing Johnson for the season was the right choice. I'd hate to think where we'd be if we could only have held out for wins in that dreadful run...

3. wings-of-a-crow

wings-of-a-crow Well-Known Member

remember tom Ritchie, Gerry gow, and a few others of our very finest were from north of the border,

TampaBayBCFC likes this.
  4. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Scotty Murray, Paul Hartley, David Noble, David Clarkson, Gerry Sweeney, Donnie Gillies, Joe Jordan to name a few more fine players

TampaBayBCFC likes this.
  5. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

Wiz - David Noble was born in Hitchin and we signed him from Boston!

Ii would add Jamie McAlister to the list

wizered likes this.
  6. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Yes I know but he did play for Scotland B once, so he qualifies as a Scot, I honestly did put that in as a livener but well spotted, you've got to have some fun..:emoticon-0105-wink:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Noble_(footballer,_born_1982)

7. gdknac

gdknac Well-Known Member

didn't Louis Carey also play for Scotland U21's?-
    Years ago, I would agree, they had players like Law,Dalgleish, Bremner, Jordan and a guy called Don Masson who always seemed to raise his game hugely in a Scotland shirt.
    Different standard today although their goalkeepers were always ridiculed

wizered likes this.
  8. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Louis Carey, proud Scot and one of my all time favourite players, all time record breaker, played most games for City..

Nice one gdknac..
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_Carey

gdknac likes this.
  9. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

back in the 60's and seventies City seemed to be quite popular with Scots the list lengthens ... somewhere on the net is a list it goes back 60 odd years and lists all the city players and there "country" I can remember going through it and it was 97% the flag of England, about 2.5% flag of Scotland and then the others!
    I went through it from 1950 to about 1990...