1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ins Outs and Rumors List

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Super Brian McBride, Jun 27, 2014.

1. kunye

kunye Well-Known Member

I still feel at this late hour we should, purely to consolidate take on season long loanees.
    quality ones at that. OK the wages may be high but there is defiantly a crock of gold in
    the kitty.
    My suggestions Chech of Chelsea.
    Dembele Spurs strange as it may seem this could be of interest to both parties, no moving
    or other upheavals
    But at the back of my mind I feel that Khan could be a bit of a penny pincher..

2. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

Following up on the earlier post about Hudson, Brentford are now putting a whatsit in the spokes with Matt Smith.

Could we end up with one signing - or even none - ?

3. Cottager58

William Kvist has signed for Wigan from Stuggart. Such a pity he and Felix couldn't work together.

please log in to view this image

4. Fulhaman

Fulhaman Well-Known Member

Kaca's loan is a bit of an odd one. I see that he signed a contract extension and then was immediately loaned out. Odd, but at least we still have him under contract and it wouldn't appear to be a loan to permanent signing type deal.

5. Cottager58

Apologies Fulhaman I posted something about this on the "Loan Deals" thread before I read yours. I think the Club invoked the option to extend rather than Alex "signed".

6. Cottager58

7. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Outside of the Premier league the deadline doesn't apply to domestic loans. We can loan players after tonight is all done and dusted. Remember how many players we've farmed out between windows in recent years? The only hurry is for permanent signings or, I think, players from foreign clubs.

8. Cottager58

Matt Smith has been signed for £500k. As the Captain said should be a useful addition to the squad.

please log in to view this image

9. Cottager58

And that's it - just the one permanent signing.

PS The Jermaine Beckford deal broke down. Don't know if it was because the one with Smith went through or for some other reason but can't say it leaves me unhappy.

10. 2whitestripes

2whitestripes Well-Known Member

58, I was hoping Felix read my earlier comment and showed him the door :laugh:

11. Fabulous Fabio

Fabulous Fabio Well-Known Member

Is it just me that feels we're a midfielder or two short? All summer I've been going on about us needing midfielders, and not just squad fillers like Fazlic, Chihi and Fotheringham. I feel we needed two quality and preferably experienced midfielders to come right into the first team and make a difference. Now tonight we've let two midfielders go out on loan in Tunnicliffe and Kaca, makes no sense to me. Of course we could maybe have a couple of loan deals lined up from Premier League clubs but I just feel we needed some midfielders sooner rather than later.

12. Bidley

Bidley Well-Known Member

Hugo just posted this on Twitter (translated from Spanish)

13. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

It's not just you.

Anyone want to crunch the supposed numbers and work out whether we actually spent any money this summer? It feels like we sold players (such as Kasami) to finance our purchases whilst gutting our wage bill. Where exactly is the £60m parachute payment going?

14. Fulhaman

Fulhaman Well-Known Member

Presumably this means we still have Ruiz on the books? Perhaps Felix can use him to better effect in this league than anyone else could in the Premier.

15. Cottager58

We do indeed - Sarah Brookes sent a tweet confirming that he and Amorebieta are staying. As you say Fulhaman it will be very interesting see how Felix now integrates them. The International break may prove to be a blessing after all.

16. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

I don't feel as bad about our midfield as some others. If injuries take out the more experienced hands like Parker, we can use the loan system to tide us over. We've got some quality in with our youngsters, and I still think that signing a 'quality' proven midfielder will get in the way of developing Hyndman, David, Eisfeld, Christiansen, etc.

I'm surprised at signing Matt Smith and not moving Hugo on, but he scored 12 goals for Leeds last season and obviously has some rapport with McCormack. Perhaps he'll speed up the process of us getting the best out of McCormack. I'd still like to see what Taggart can do in that position, but it's goose to have another proper big centre forward to call on.

As for only one signing, that's only so if you focus just on the last day. Taking the window as a whole, we can hardly accuse the club of not bringing in new players.

17. FulhamIreland

FulhamIreland Well-Known Member

The Turkish window doesn't close until the end of the week so just because they haven't left yet doesn't mean they won't leave. I think Amore and Hugo will stay but I'm sure Ruiz will go. He's been linked with Besiktas heavily lately and the last account he followed on Twitter was Besiktas. I know that means nothing really but my money would be on him leaving.

18. Cottager58

Yeah, despite what Sarah Brookes says and what I said about Felix integrating him into the team, I think you're right FI. The Dutch window still has a day to run and a few others like the Turkish one have till the end of the week.

Also the "Loan Window" officially opens on 8th September and it wouldn't surprise to see all three still being involved in moves. Hugo just might be the exception because of his wages.

19. fulhamish1977

fulhamish1977 Member

According to Wikipedia (must be true then) the Turkish window has closed:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transfer_window

Dutch window closes today, so Bryan to Ajax could still be on.

My conclusion from the last week is that Magath has been given a bit more time but not more money. We can probably expect a few loan deals in when the window reopens.

20. FulhamIreland

FulhamIreland Well-Known Member

I can't believe William Kvist was available on a free and we didn't get him. He is exactly the type of player we need. Great signing for Wigan. Collison is still available though and we'd be foolish not to look at him.