1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Injured players

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Feb 15, 2017.

1. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

No, a car is simply a machine to do a transport job. Now, my oven is a true thing of beauty which gives endless pleasure to me, my family and my friends. It was my only luxury that you tax payers so kindly bought for me when I left the RN with a very pleasant tax free wedge of cash. I really 'dont do' cars-I bought a brand new Zafira 9 years ago-it was dull then, and is still as dull now (and a bit shabby) but boy was it useful for transporting offsprings and their crap to UNI and back, and for the numerous DIY projects I've been landed with. It is probably me , but I really don't see the point of buying a 'top end' car.

2. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Well, we all differ. I drive a van all day, either a vw transporter or even worse we have now got Ford customs.. never again. I even have to drive a vw caravelle to get my soon about.. that is ok as its nice,
    But i like to have a decent car to use, now and again.. its not a bentley.. to young for them.. :emoticon-0102-bigsm or a C5 :emoticon-0140-rofl:

3. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Let me guess Joe.....a Messerschmitt or Heinkel bubble car.

4. Greenarmyjoe

i better Google them? do they do a soft top version? :emoticon-0176-smoke

5. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Just don't clip the bubble down on the Messerschmitt.....and it will blow away.

6. Greenarmyjoe

7. Greenarmyjoe

these are the ones.. images.jpeg Unknown.jpeg images.jpeg Unknown.jpeg images.jpeg Unknown.jpeg

8. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

perfect for me, I could drive one to work through the park!

9. Greenarmyjoe

How do you get in the soft top? cut a hole in the roof :emoticon-0102-bigsm

10. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It's got a split in it so that you can stick your head through to see where you are going.

11. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Forgot this had turned into a Top Gear thread.

Just read the Adams statement about Brunt and Ijaha not about to return to the fold for this season. I'd forgotten about Ijaha if I'm honest. Anyway this does beg the question whether we will see either of them ever again on the field of play for the Greens. Think both are out of contract come the summer. Brunt has been plagued by injury in his career which is such a shame. I say shame because if he could only stay fir I think he has a lot to offer a team. Everytime he gets his chance though it seems fate plays a part. Can't really comment about Ijaha though. Think he played part of a game, where admittedly he looked ok, and that's about that.

12. homepark_hobo

homepark_hobo Member

I would like to see Brunt given pre-season to prove himself as he had hit a run of form before his injury.

Ijaha I liked the look of and I think he showed some promise but I think the step up to League 1 (presuming we get there) would be too much.

13. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Paul Sturrock wrote in the Herald that early promotion will give Adams a head start in revising the squad for League 1. He was of the opinion the core of the team was good enough to step up but there'll already be a list locked in Adams' desk of players he wants to sign - and those he wants to let go. Sturrock had himself told players they were not required before the promotion party hangovers had worn off. We shall see.....

14. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

A couple of injuries today by the look of things. Bradley limped out. To be honest I thought he was going off long before he actually did. Sounds like a dead leg for him which can take a day or a week. May not see him on Monday but I hope we do. Kennedy I hear was another who limped off and straight down the tunnel. Good job it's job done I think