1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

****ing progress, your 'avin a larf!!

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Spanish, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Guru of Ipswich

Guru of Ipswich Well-Known Member

I'd have paid good money to ram his head inbetween them!

2. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

Then you could have lowered his trousers and said, "It's just not your ****ing day is it?"

;)

3. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

All this nonsense about progress being made presumably.

4. tractor bhoy

tractor bhoy Well-Known Member

Oh yes Lancs, a post where I said we have been **** all season is obviously pointing out how much we have improved! - Another one who would rather assume what is typed out rather than actually read. FFS I'm beginning to think people on here would rater have an argument rather than read what is actually printed in front of their own eyes.

5. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

tractorbhoy you haven't said anything of the sort on this thread, but PTC and mike certainly did, in talking about the stats, which admittedly you did fairly objectively, I think it could be construed as backing up their argument <ok>

I know exactly what you're talking about and stats are dressed up all the time, but on this occasion you can pick any set of stats and it'll tell you the same thing. The main one of course is the points after 46 games and as Warky points out we are staring down the barrell our worst finish since the mid 1950s.

If people weren't getting upset and arguing id be concerned.

6. Superman wears Grant Holt pyjamas in bed

amazing thread guys! so much passion and no little venom from some. have to say, from the outside it seems obvious that jewell should leave - he has not improved you at all over the 18 months or so he's been in charge. i wouldn't say you've gone backwards but there is certainly little change and over 18 months, you'd expect to at least see something obvious which has improved rather than scratching around for a result here or there. he's just such a 'meh' manager - you don't really feel excited by him and i just cannot believe, even if he stays through the summer, that he will last next season.

he's a stop-gap manager, taking you nowhere <ok>

7. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

Guys I think we all agree that it has been another dismal season! <ok>

I guess where we don't agree is what needs to be done now to arrest the decline! The majority (so far) on the poll want to see a total management clear out in order to start again. Others like Tractorbhoy and PTC want to play steady, steady, catch e monkey!

We will end up being the next Coventry if we allow the status quo (not the rock group) to prevail! <ok>

8. tractor bhoy

So, I put up a post that says we have been shocking all season with little or no plus points that somehow is interupted as me saying we have come on leaps and bounds and so people send me ****ty messages. I have got no problems with others disagreeing with me but how a comment that basically says 'the only stat I care about is the one after 46 games which will show we have had a crap season' can be seen as in anyway being positive is beyond me.

9. johnnywarksmoustache

Tractorbhoy your views have a great deal of credibility on here but when you say that you are backing Jewell after 18 months of failure is where your arguement begins to fall down! Decisive action needs to be take now and that means that Clegg and Jewell have to walk. <ok>

10. tractor bhoy

JWM, I havent got a problem with difference of opinions or even if some think Im an idiot for my views. I just would rather people explained their crappy/ snide comments or left them out of it altogether. It just happens that those who make the comments can never actually explain them or justify them. As far as I know everyone who posts on this board have left school but the bitchiness/ cocky comments make it seem like a school playground.

11. johnnywarksmoustache

Look mate we are all hurting right now and tempers are bound to be running high at the moment! We all want the best for our club but the plain fact is that our football club has turned into a basket case under this rotten regime. I

12. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

tractorbhoy perhaps you could take a moment to clarify your opinion then. Certainly before the weekend I got the impression you were very much behind Jewell.

13. Hoppersblue10

Hoppersblue10 Well-Known Member

Tractorbhoy, you open your reply by basically disregarding the stats as I have made them say what I want them to say.
    I tried to break the season down as best I could in measurable chunks rather than 4 games here or 7 games there, as in those size time frames we have gone from dross to world beaters in the same season

At no point in your post above do you really agree with what I am saying or come out & say this season has been ****, all you say is there has been no highlights. You actually only allude to a couple of periods of good form but decided to ignore our 7 game losing streak.
    This was the post I replied to originally before toys started to get thrown.

I was determined to not get drawn back into this but you have asked me to respond, so I have.
    I know I said things that maybe in hindsight I would not say again, so for that you have my apology. I don’t want to fall out with any Town fans on here, we all want the best for our club, we just have different ideas on how to get there.
    Please have your say in reply by all means but we should just agree to disagree on this & move on. :emoticon-0150-hands

14. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

Perhaps when you look at our results over the season we haven't improved, considering league position etc. Listen noone is happy with a midtable or lower finish, its embarrassing for a club like us and I think insulting that you think some of us who are prepared to be more patient to be content with a midtable finish. But we've finished there for the past 2/3 years and last summer we had our worst squad for years that needed strengthening in every position. With the players Jewell brought in yes we probably should have finished higher but whilst I find it hard to except the poor season we have had I can see why it has happened.

Over the course of the season we look a far better team now than we did before xmas. We actually have inform players probably for the first time since Magiltons 2nd season, some players are actually playing well. We also have a few quality players in our team to build upon, something we didn't have when Keane left. We have Cresswell arguably our best LB since Clapham, JET potential one of the most talented players in the division, Drury who looks like a great find, Chopra who on his day(albeit not enough this season) is one of the best strikers in the division, and a couple of good youngsters coming through in Carson & Hyam (although we are not seeing them as much as we liked). I really think that going on the past 18 games which have been playoff form we will do better next season. I cannot see how we can have a season as bad as next year if we improve our squad which looks likely!! I mean we can't have as bad a defence next season as we've had this year can we?? We won't be setting the league alight next season but for the first time in a while i think next season we will see some real progress!! I expect us to again have a slow start but if we don't improve and have another bottom half finish I am pretty sure I will be with all of you on here saying Jewell out!! Clegg out!!etc but for the time being I'm prepared to be patient, I don't see unless we get in a top top manager how things will be any different next season and even if we do because its a new manager coming in, things would take time for them to set their own ideas and build their own squad but one thing is for sure he will have a much easier job than Jewell had last summer.

And another thing will you all just stop knitpicking its getting stupid now!! There's noone else on here who puts their points accross and backs them up as well as tractorbhoy yet you pick on little things FFS!!!

As I've said Superman. I used to agree with your views nearly all the time until you went up. I think because Norwich are doing so well it's very easy for you to criticise us(added to the fact we have been on the whole cr*p this season). As I said earlier in the season you are comparing us to Norwich, you said we would go down and now you are saying we should sack the manager and get a young hungy one in, whilst in an ideal world this would be amazing I'm sure you will agree with this there are very few Paul Lamberts out there and even if say Lambert came here when Jewell did I still don't think we would have had a successful season this year, yes we probably would have done better but it would have been difficult for any manager.

What I would say though is that we need some sort of plan in place and to let the fans know about it. I don't like this whole get to the premierleague at the earliest oppertunity, we need a long term plan set out to the fans.

15. johnnywarksmoustache

ptc you have a god given talent for writing a great deal but saying very little! I have been speed reading but I take the thrust of what you are saying as being that we should all sit tight and to be patient! It all seems well intentioned but can't you see that if you tread water for long enough you will eventually drown.! just look at what has happened to Coventry City and it could just as easily happen to us if we do not take remedial action now. Paul Jewell is not the future of Ipswich Town and I agree with Supers when he says that Jewell is only a stop-gap manager. You seem to suggest that all we need is a tweak here and a tweak there but I'm afraid you are way of the mark. The whole spine of the team needs to be replaced and as tractorbhoy has alluded we only have a squad of around 15 decent players! Our bench is absolutely woeful and that also needs to be adressed. I'm not saying that we should just chuck money at it but we need a plan and a sense of direction and voting for more of the same is no more an option!

16. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

It comes to something when a ****ing budgie can see whats going wrong and yet some of our own can't see it!!

No offence Supers, what you have said is spot on bud!!

17. Carra_Rud

Carra_Rud Active Member

Of course Supers is comparing our two clubs. Your situation now is so similar to what ours was before our relegation to League One - the only difference being we found ourselves a worse manager than Keane and Jewell. Roeder brought in countless amounts of loan players that I dread to think what our monthly bill from the Dunston Hall Hotel was!

We can see the same things happening to your club, and maybe a quick spell in League One would do you the world of good just like it did ours.

18. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

Indeed JWM i have a great talent for that, especially when I should be doing something more productive!!! Whilst I am not a fan of sitting tight and being patient for the sake of it, i think now is the right time to do it for the time being. The only way I see us going the way of Coventry is if we re-appoint Keane or ME pulls out without finding a suitable buyer to replace him. And I agree we do need more than a tweak here and there we need nearly a whole new defence and need to improve our depth but unlike the previous few seasons I think we actually have something to build upon and we have some in form players and players with a bit of quality.

We don't need to go to league 1. I wouldn't go as far as saying you found a worse manager than Keane, I would've had Roeder any day over Keane!!

Indeed Spanish Supers was right about Keane aswell wasn't he, when some of our own could see it?? Perhaps it is a sign!!

19. Superman wears Grant Holt pyjamas in bed

none taken spanish <cheers>

20. Superman wears Grant Holt pyjamas in bed

hi ptc, to be honest mate, i'm not even comparing you to us three years ago anymore. there is no need to, you all know what i think. what is evident though, is that jewell is not the future for your club. he's a nothing manager. ok, he got a couple of teams promoted a decade or so ago, and thats more than many managers can claim, but just look at how times have changed in football since then. there is nothing wrong with appointing a stop-gap manager - west ham, in my opinion, have done so with sam allardyce. nobody believes he is the long term solution for that club and neither is jewell at yours. he steadied the ship, which was undoubtedly sinking under keane, but really you should have seen something more than you have if he were going to be the right man. i don't think he's done awful but he definitely hasn't done well! seems obvious to me that the summer would be the perfect opportunity to say 'thanks but...' and find yourselves someone who can take you forward over the next four or five years. who that man is i don't know - i suggested tisdale, maybe coppell is a good shout from warky though perhaps more short termist, but it is pretty clear from the outside that his time should be up now, though i'll grant you that of course, you know more about your team than i do. i'm just stating what i see from across the garden fence <ok>