1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

****ing progress, your 'avin a larf!!

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Spanish, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Hoppersblue10

Hoppersblue10 Well-Known Member

I would be the first to admit that after yesterdays game some things got said on here that may have gone to far.

I come back on today with a reasonable post with stats that do not make good reading for any Town fan, it seems because they don't paint a very good picture for our second half of the season, (after all jewell rams down our throats how much better we have been since the turn of the year) some people dismiss them, stats are stats or you can make them read whatever you want.!
    What you guys fail to realise that if we could see measureable progress set aside a plan for the future we would not be so bloody negative, but we do not see any of this, we just seem to go from one poor signing, one inept performance (overall) one poor season to the next without stopping for a pause and say hold on this really isnt good enough.

2. tractor bhoy

tractor bhoy Well-Known Member

JWM, have no problem with you or your views. Just wasnt sure it it was a genuine reply or not. I know where your views come from and can perfectly understand them.
    BTW I have never said we are making progress with a better brand of football. We found a formula that got us some results and put together some good run of results. I think it has potential to be a decent brand of football but no more than that. We have too many under/ non performing players for it to be a positive atm

3. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

Hoppers, the stats speak for themselves, 1 win in the last 7 is simply not good enough! I just don't understand why so many fellow supporters simply shrug their shoulders and wish to continue to accept this bollocks. <grr>

4. johnnywarksmoustache

Off topic for a minute

Weighty you have won the Budgie Caption Competition as chosen by me. Kindly start a new caption on the Budgie board right away! <ok>

5. Hoppersblue10

what about our comp, what has happened to gus or should i say eye juice.?

6. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

Hamps those stats depends how you present them. We've got 30 of those points in the past 18 games compared to 28 in the 27 before that!!That looks like improvement to me??

7. johnnywarksmoustache

He's still on the wing yeah!

If he doesn't start a new one by tomorrow I will step into the breech!

8. tractor bhoy

Hopper, not once have I dismissed any stats but I did point out that they can be used for different situations. As I pointed out we were 6 points of the top or the more recent run that had Portman Road labelled as a fortress. An argument that I said wasnt true and was actually harrassed by some on here saying that the unbeaten STATS dont lie and how good our form was!
    I actually agreed with you that the final stats will shows our season has been ****e which would actually prove your 3 thirds of the season argument but no you tried to show what I was against your stats and posted suggesting that I was somehow trying to prove against you.
    I also dont see why PTC and I have to be seen as friends automatically just when posters want to act like ****ing 10 years olds in a school playground. 'oh look your friend as just arrived to back you up' You guys seem to agree with each other about dismissing Jewell but I dont come on here with comments like 'oh you managed to removed your cock from his arse long enough to reply' do I?
    I agree with a lot of his points but I also agree with many views on here but its a forum about football so you are likely to find common ground with other members.

9. johnnywarksmoustache

See what these ****s have turned us into! <grr> At least with Keane we ALL wanted him out! At the end of the day we aren't all sheep and easily led. I understand Tractorbhoy that you prefer to be moderate in your approach and I respect that. I guess it is the fact that we are so far off the pace in this league for yet another season that has driven so many of us to sheer anger! It will subside once this nightmare season is over BUT if we lose at Doncaster on Saturday be prepared for even more venom!

10. Hoppersblue10

PTC, you are correct, but that is due to a large part our 4 game winning streak at the begining of feb, you could offset that against our recent run of no win in 5.
    As you said stats are stats, these today were an attempt to break the season down into sizeable chunks as apposed to snap shots of poor or good runs of results.

11. Hoppersblue10

Think you are over stepping the mark tractorbhoy, calling you & ptc twins was a joke, others on here have accused you two of being one in the same, yet they do not get branded internet hardmen or uphill gardeners..!

12. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

Exactly Tractorbhoy, you've put into words my frustrations about this site, its pathetic. Why do u need to come on here and wind people up, its sad? People should have disagreements, that's what this forum should be all about and sometimes tempers will boil over but picking on people or goading people into a response or just saying things are sh*t rather than actually having a reasoned argument makes this boards sometimes quite frankly not half as good or interesting as they could be. I don't want to come on here to insult people but I also have to defend myself when getting insulted by some c**t(this is not directed at anyone in particular btw) who doesn't have anything better to do.

JWM I would disagree with you on that, none wanted Keane out more than me but I actually think less people wanted Keane out than who want Jewell out now, maybe not by the end. But i remember people being quite rude to me(Spanish) because I wanted Keane out!! We all have our own points of view but in life there are ways of saying things in an appropriate way.

Hoppers as you say our poor run of 5 losses without a win tipped the balance of the first half of the season!! I just think that since the January we've got 30 points out of 18, thats playoff form and we have played well in quite a few of those matches. Whilst yesterday performance was terrible and unacceptable I think you've got to put it down to having nothing to play for, under Royle we had the same thing where we lost 5-1 to wimbledon and under Jim we lost 4-1 to doncaster with nothing to play for at the end of the season. 30 points from 18 is playoff form and that is with a team who has quite frankly not got a great defence and can definitely have greater strength in depth which I hope/believe we will do over the summer, i think we will be a better team next season than we are this season but at the same time i unfortunately don't see us getting off to a great start again!! Clearly over think otherwise!!

13. tommylion

tommylion Active Member

Sorry lads, I've only seen your team twice this year and on both occasions they played like donkeys.....is that what your mascots are?

14. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

Thanks for that well deserved i think :laugh:

15. johnnywarksmoustache

IF we lose at Doncaster on Saturday we will probably end up in our lowest league position since 1956/57 which is 55years ago!

16. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

This whole argument is ridiculous. We started the season amazingly well in Roy Keane's second season and Paul Jewell had a similar run in February. Form and results have been almost identical season on season and not only that but break this season into two or three and we've been entirely consistent. There is no dressing up stats going on here its very simply a fact. We are a bottom half of the Championship side three years running. Some are content with that, fair play to you, the rest of us aren't.

17. johnnywarksmoustache

Well at least Clegg has improved the turnstiles! <ok>

18. Guru of Ipswich

Guru of Ipswich Well-Known Member

Shame the **** didn't get his head stuck when he was having a closer look!

19. johnnywarksmoustache

He improved the turnstiles to make it easier for people to get the **** out quicker after the game! <laugh>

20. tractor bhoy

that part of my post was meant as a general rather than aimed in any particular direction and in general I dont think I have gone to far. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but it can be discussed in a decent way without the need for 'told you so' or 'you tosser' style comments.
    With yourself though, Hopper, I am still waiting to here what point you thought I was disproving in the post from yesterday where you commented 'sorry if the spoils your argument' crap.