1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Incident in the Northam

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by Markus Liebherrs Red Army, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Markus Liebherrs Red Army

Anyone else in the Northam know what that incident in the first half was? I got the impression that the "husky bloke" (as he was refered to on bbc 606 after some divisions over pro-AP chants) seemed to have aroused the anger of some bloke who is not a regular (or he keeps a very low profile if he is) and there was confrontation and both evicted from the ground (from the reactions "husky bloke" seemed innocent). Anyway, anyone saw what happened?

Plus whoever kept farting at the top of Block 42 in the second half it was revolting, I checked that I hadn't stepped in something or soiled myself in celebrating when I first smelt it. If it was due to the excitement of the goals and a couple slipped through then the culprit can be forgiven.

Speaking of celebrations nice that there was a big dog-pile in Block 42 when we scored, would have thought that we are chasing promotion or something...

2. A Touch of Clas

A Touch of Clas Active Member

Made me laugh out loud reading the 'farting incident' bit. Dont know what happened up the northam, I was round the area but in front so only realised what happened when the bloke had been hit. Think both got kicked out, but to be fair the guy that got hit didnt do anything from what I saw

3. Markus Liebherrs Red Army

Yeah I didnt know if he was hit or why, but the reaction of all those who saw the incident when he got kicked out seemed pretty disgusted with it. I hope they do not do anything to his season ticket, the way football clubs confiscate them these days is just gung-ho, particularly as for many people they cost a small fortune, only for a single over-heated incident to cause all that money, time and effort to go to waste.

4. - Doing The Lambert Walk

- Doing The Lambert Walk Well-Known Member

I was at the back of Block 42 a few weeks back and the farting was horrendous.

Whoever you are, see a doctor.

5. North Hants Saint

North Hants Saint Active Member

Member on Saintsweb said he got in a tussle with some bloke cause he was mouthing off , happens all the time. The guy who started it was in the pub before hand pissed out his head anyway so it hardly surprised me.

Atmosphere was good anyway.

6. Markus Liebherrs Red Army

My lazy mate who watche dit from the comfort of the armchair told me that the atmosphere came across badly in the first half, but it was very good second half, in noise. However, in terms of atmosphere meaning the quantity of the air, it was not particularly good in block 42.

7. SFCbwSFC

SFCbwSFC Member

Atmosphere sounded good from where I was sitting, unfortunately in my chair at home as I couldn't make this one. I could only hear the Saints fans singing and not much from wednesday fans. Also finally I heard the slow version of OWTS!!! Sounded great

8. A Touch of Clas

quality!

by the way, note to all block 41 and further round: block 42 keep singing oh when the saints slow and it gets going well then towards then end, somewhere to the right of block 42, thinking its 41, start clapping and try to do the fast version. 42 then carries on with the slow and it catches on again, sounds good but would be far better if everyone sang the same. slow version is sung twice through and then blends into the fast version !!! before starting up again in a different period of the game :)

9. NashySFC

NashySFC Member

Mate im block 41 and tbh for a few games now weve done the slow x 2 version.... No disresepct to Kingsland but its the corner that speed it up.

10. KingslandSFC

KingslandSFC Active Member

Hearing OWTS being sung twice - The proper way was brilliant!

It will take time for the youngsters in the Kingsland Corners to catch on ... in time I think they will realise its 2 X Slow then in to the chanting bit

Well Done to Block 41 / 42 for still persisting and keep the slow version going tho - it eventually paid off in second half ... cos where I am (Block 35) ..Sounded quality!

Highly amusing to see 41/42 doing the actions to "He plays on the left, He Plays down the riggghhhht" ... Did make me chuckle! <laugh>

I heard the Cortese Chant - Nice! And some of Block 35 were catching on aswell!!

Better atmosphere all round - Well Done everyone!

11. A Touch of Clas

sorry if I've offended any block 41'ers then! i know where i sit towards back half of the northam that when people try and speed up after one slow version most people ignore it and continue singing the slow one! now that it seems more people understand the way its sang, we can take back our song from those thieving spurs fans!

12. olddellboy

olddellboy Well-Known Member

My recollection from the early 70's in the milton road end at the old dell was that thsi chant would opten start with someone shouting....

"knock knock"

Whos there

owen

Owen who

"oh when the the saints....

13. NashySFC

NashySFC Member

Yes i want us to put our stand on OUR SONG! It sounds great when its sung slow x 2.... maybe we can sing it slow for longer sometimes. Spurs do it slow for like 20 minutes haha!

14. NashySFC

NashySFC Member

Hahahaha that would be brilliant!!!

15. Lord Duckhunter

Lord Duckhunter New Member

I remember the "knock knock" as well. It died off once the Dell became all seated.

I prefer it sung fast, I dont like this slow nonsense that Spurs and Stoke seem to favour. It's our song, lets get back into the top flight and show the chumps how it's sung.

16. Markus Liebherrs Red Army

My old man (a spurs supporter that could not resist spending afternoons at the Dell) informed me of this opening to our famous song, to which I was equally dumbstruck and embarrassed. But that is just my view :p

17. Markus Liebherrs Red Army

We sing it great both ways. I completely agree, Liverpool, Tottenham Hotspurs and Stoke City fans think that the song is theirs, and that they sing it the best. As long as I have followed football our singing of the song has been the superior to anyone elses. In fact I wanted Spurs in the cup this year, so either at their place or ours we could belt it out in a way that puts them to shame....speaking of shame I wish we got it going more than Wembley, but I suppose it was easier to get COYR and "stand up..." going round 50,000 people then a clapping song.

18. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Do you remember a few years ago someone analyzed football singing and Saints were said to be the most tuneful team. Wonder if we would be now.

19. Markus Liebherrs Red Army

Yep it was on the BBC, some university proffesor specializing in some kind of noise science...that was 2002 I think. I do not think that too much has changed, or do others think that the atmosphere inside St Marys has dramatically receeded in volume and tune over the first decade of its existence? For me, some of the best atmospheres are very recent, notably the Pompey Cup game and the MK Dons Semi last year, they were quite simply unbelievably loud.