1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

In Mike I trust

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Tasty Magpie

Tasty Magpie Well-Known Member

Think Arsenal are pretending he hasn't had injury issues - the latest reports are stating £20million as his asking price even with only 12 months left on his contract.

2. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

Not worth more than £8M

3. Tasty Magpie

That would certainly be more sensible.

Flash likes this.
  4. Sheikh_of_Araby

Sheikh_of_Araby Well-Known Member

8th most successful club in England, 4th best supported, one of the top 20 richest clubs on the planet and he wants us to be like Southampton [no disrespect.]

5. Beardsley's Rancid Sack

Beardsley's Rancid Sack Well-Known Member

Of course he wants us to be like Southampton - he'd love nothing more than for us to have a prosperous Academy of local talent who we could then sell on for mega sums (no disrespect to Southampton there, but Mike's intentions are clear enough).

If you needed any proof of the intent of that shambolic 'interview' look no further than the sign off, where Ashley refers to vile yes-man hated **** David Craig as 'Craigy'. No coincidence whatsoever that he 'got' this gig. The whole thing was a cushy set-up among pals. Fat arsehole's probably on Ashley's payroll.

Sheikh_of_Araby likes this.
  6. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

But you sneer at this as though it's beneath us? I don't get it mate, id love us to be like Southampton today because without it we've no fcking chance of being Everton or Spurs tomorrow.

Ticket sales, a city full of supporters and a load of shirts doesn't count for ****. The money is in the super rich owners and to a much lesser extent advertising based on success.

My one issue is - how the fcking hell does Mike think we'll.be like Southampton when our facilities barely compete with Middlesbrough.

7. Sheikh_of_Araby

He also had a veiled dig at the fans. Said in the one breath that he shouldn't have renamed the ground, but in another says that by not doing so we are potentially missing out on £40 million or extra revenue in general. I.e., it is our fault.

TheJudeanPeoplesFront likes this.
  8. Beardsley's Rancid Sack

Beardsley's Rancid Sack Well-Known Member

No, as I said I don't sneer at Southampton and really did not mean any disrespect - right now I'd be rather happy to be in their position. My point was that Ashley's eyes light up at the prospect of us bringing through players for **** all and then selling them for huge sums. But, as you say, given our Academy status, and poor track record of bringing through genuine talent in recent years, the practicality of this couldn't possibly have crossed his mind. Where is the Academy investment? The investment in local infrastructure? He's only thought about the endgame, there's very little chance of it actually happening under his watch.

I mean, if we actually were able to bring through excellent youth products, that might be something to crow about. But if not one but two Ameobis can slip through the net I can't help but think it best for all concerned if we close our Academy now and blow it to smithereens, just to ensure we never again inflict such shame on the world of football.

9. Sheikh_of_Araby

It's a smokescreen

10. Judge Death

Judge Death Well-Known Member

For?

11. TheJudeanPeoplesFront

TheJudeanPeoplesFront Well-Known Member

I await Mike trying to change the badge to the sports direct logo. Seriously.

12. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think deluded is the word you are looking for.

13. Ben 10

Ben 10 Well-Known Member

He mentioned £40m stadium naming rights we're missing out on but Sports Direct must pay us a fortune as their ****e is plastered everywhere. Oh wait ...

14. General Lee Speaking

General Lee Speaking Well-Known Member

Played in 29 games for Bournemouth last season. I think I've said this a few times during the off-season but we are beggars, not choosers.

15. RobEllious

RobEllious Well-Known Member

Fair enough but he played 17 games over the two seasons before that.
    We are definitely beggars but if we're busting our nuts on a big wage-loan I would rather it be someone else

16. Tasty Magpie

Doubt it will be a loan if he does only have 12 months left on his contract.

17. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Wilshere, Gibbs are both massively injury prone. So is Delph.

After recent news that we indeed have **** all to play with money wise, of someone said we were signing any or all of Perez, Wilshere, Gibbs, Delph then I'd be over the moon. Such is the desperation of our club. Reality is they probably all have better options and wouldn't touch us with a ****ty stick.

18. RobEllious

RobEllious Well-Known Member

Didnt know that, so it's a transfer fee AND his wages? Because I'm fairly certain he won't drop the money he's on at the Arse.
    Just don't see the point if we could get two hungrier players for that collective money.
    But this is Newcastle, I lose my **** whenever we get someone over the ****ing line

19. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Trust Rafa lads.

20. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

The guys a pathological fcking liar. Chinese have bought So'ton, all this talk about no buyers, no money, blah blah. It's all bollox.

Flash and Sheikh_of_Araby like this.