1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

In, In, Linked

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by g3org3cafc, May 25, 2011.

1. g3org3cafc

g3org3cafc Member

As we've got Hollands and Pritchard in and have been linked with Bolasie from plymouth and Danny Green from Dag & Red. Do you think this is paving the way for the likes of Semedo Racon and Macca to leave?

Also as much as we all love Semedo does anyone think that a completely fresh start in midfield is what we need to push on and challenge for promotion? or should we make sure we give him a new deal and continue with him in the middle or use him at centre half which is what he was signed as??

Discuss please (sorry if the topic has already been discussed)

2. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

I'm in the camp that think we need an overhaul.

3. houndal

houndal Member

Me too.

4. Dick Van Dykes Disco Dungarees

Camp

please log in to view this image

5. Franco5

Franco5 Well-Known Member

Me too...

We've achieved sweet FA with Semedo and Racon, and as long as I've got a hole in my arse McCorCack is never going to be any good for us!

Complete overhaul at CM and CB required.

I like Semedo but the only way he'd remain at the club if i was gaffer would be if he played predominantly at CB.

6. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

Yep, Semedo at CB for me. That's where he played before he came to Charlton anyway.

7. OzAddick

OzAddick Member

Definitelt two of our better players are semedo and racon, but i am certainly in favour of an overhaul, and if that means losing a couple of our current members who ultimately havent shined too much i am all in favour of it.

The signings really have impressed me, even this early on. After a bit of research and formulated opinion, i am quite glad with the pritchard and hollands captures. It is finished by a long way, but it is a decent start for sure.

8. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

Franco, you must be praying that McCormack doesn't have a blinder of a season for us this year....otherwise.... it could be very painful <laugh>

9. Franco5

Nothing would make me happier than to be made to look like a mug and for him to have a cracking season. I just can't see it AllHell...

Would be surprised if he made anywhere near 15 appearances for us this coming campaign.

10. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

I will be surprised if he is here come August. Think after the abuse he took last season he might want to move on, which would be best for all parties.

11. Dick Van Dykes Disco Dungarees

unfortunately he just runs around like a ...

please log in to view this image

12. starinnaddick

starinnaddick New Member

I for one hope that Jose is here next season.He gives his all and thats good enough for me.

13. MartinhoCAFC

MartinhoCAFC Member

I'm all for having an overhaul in the team but Semedo and Racon are the least of our problems.

If we replace them too we may as well just replace the entire starting 11 which would take a long time to gel.

There's definitely a place in the team for Semedo, CB would do nicely as others have said and play Hollands alongside Racon in the middle

14. Sat In Greenwich

Sat In Greenwich Well-Known Member

no to overhaul, but some better players coming in and our fringe players leaving (mccormack, francis, reid, anyinsah, dailly, big mig, fortune) and freeing up wages is good. makes our first teamers this year become our fringe players next.

15. WWOCB

WWOCB Active Member

I'd be happy giving Semedo a go at CB again, but tbh the reason he was switched to midfield was because he couldn't adapt to playing as a defender in the English leagues. We gave him a fair few games at CB when he signed I'm pretty sure. However, when played at RB he played brilliantly, how about him replacing Francis as first choice RB ?

16. Tewkesbury Addick

Tewkesbury Addick Active Member

I saw him play CB in a truly terrible game at Hereford, WeWant and he was rock solid.

Like to see him and Llera (if he stays) paired at CB pre-season - let's see what happens.

17. Ryan-R-An-Addick

So you want to git rid of Semedo who has always been one of the best players of the season every year since he joined?

He is one of the very few that are good enough to stay in my opinion.

18. WWOCB

WWOCB Active Member

Fair enough Tewks, I didn't see the Hereford game, but I think the first few games we signed him he was tried out at CB, I'll have to dig out the programmes and check. To be fair the decision to convert him to midfield was one undertaken by Pardew so it might be expected it was the wrong one.

19. Franco5

I'm just saying that i don't believe he has the all round footballing ability to command a place in the centre of our midfield...

The one time i saw him play CB (for the life of me i can't remember who we played) was enough to convince me that he can be a really good player for us in that position. However, I saw him play RB once and i thought he was absolutely awful.

If i was gaffer I'd play him at CB during pre season and providing he's as good there as i think he'll be I'd have absolutel on hesitation in giving him the arm band for tin coming campaign!

20. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

We love his commitment and the fact he has always given 100% but as Franco says, I think his overall game is lacking. Only way fir him to stay is a new position or a change in tactics.

Think a lot of these players have been here through a horrible time, think both parties should seriously consider the future...