1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Impact of Brexit on Inflation/Jobs

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by JM Fan, Mar 22, 2017.

1. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

[QUOTE="Canary Rob, post: 10398956, member: 1010851"]where did I say I was happy

it makes me more certain that all voters (Remainers as well) were misled - promised an end to free movement, but it's seemingly not going to happen within two years now[/QUOTE]
    Yes Rob, that was my understanding too (you're entitled to your opinion KIO), but shows yet another 'untruth' peddled by the Leave Campaign.
    I mean, HOW many people were duped by the £350M for the NHS bus????? <doh>

2. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

Lets just wait & see. If nothing else the British people and the press are just going to have to re learn the skill of patience, which wouldn't be bad thing.

3. carrowcanario

Can't really blame the leave campaign for how things are going as they aren't in control, a remainer is. Still plenty of time yet for the establishment to stitch up the British people.

4. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

I'm sick and tired of the accusations being thrown at those who voted to leave.

I voted to leave simply to have our elected Parliament in charge of our country, not bowing and scraping to some foreign people who I never voted for, in charge of our destiny.

Britain ruled by the elected British Parliamentarians!

5. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

Yes Rob, that was my understanding too (you're entitled to your opinion KIO), but shows yet another 'untruth' peddled by the Leave Campaign.
    I mean, HOW many people were duped by the £350M for the NHS bus????? <doh>[/QUOTE]

Not me, it was always 'could' and not 'would' as far as I was concerned

6. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

<applause>

7. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Excellent post Dave and my post wasn't intended to ACCUSE those who voted to leave, but rather to ACCUSE the 'LEAVE' campaign of 'being economical with the truth!!'
    I'm sure you're right KIO, but there were many who were interviewed several weeks after the vote and expected to see A&E departments at their local hospital being reopened etc. <yikes>

canary-dave likes this.
  8. carrowcanario

Equally there were many that expected other things should leave win such as Cameron to remain as PM, an emergency budget, the economy to fall apart, world war 3 etc, etc

9. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

I don't think many including myself expected the unmanageable flow of migration to immediately and suddenly stop but at least we are attempting to put the cork back in the bottle.
    If the current sharlatans don't do as 52% of our country ask them , then they will be voted out .
    I have always been more Labour leaning as the conservatives were brutal with their cuts punishing disabled people and out of work people for the mistakes of city boy spivs , but you only have to glance at the current set of Guardianistas to realise that they would probably invite 90% of subsaharan Africa here for us to take care of .

Rob seems to think that leave voters expected the £350m (that we are probably still paying) towards the EU superstate to have already built a few hospitals and Poles and Romanians rounded up into internment camps then deported .

Shaven headed jack boot wearers would be raising union jack flags in their back gardens and celebrating getting their country back.
    Meanwhile Rob hides in his attack fearing we will come for the Intellectuals next .:emoticon-0136-giggl
    It will take years maybe decades to reverse many of the shackles the EU has put on us but I'm hoping that by the time my kids leave school they have a better country to thrive in.
    From 2004 to now I noticed a massive change and with Serbia and Albania banging on the door of the EU and countries like France possibly leaving we got out at the right time in my opinion.

10. carrowcanario

DUNCAN DONUTS and KIO like this.

11. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

<laugh> / :emoticon-0106-cryin
    please log in to view this image

12. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

It seems to me that those who voted remain are desperate for Brexit to fail just so they can say "we told you so".

It is what it is, so don't you think that instead of continually whining about it we should all pull together to ensure Brexit is a success as at the end of the day it is in the best interests of all who inhabit this great nation of ours.

The likes of Mandleson, Blair, Miller, Farron et al who persistently talk down this country are a f@&king disgrace and I wouldn't want any of 'em alongside me in the trenches !

13. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I posted a pic I found / saw on twitter - not a whine to be had. A laugh and a sad face, yes, but no snivelling. Just because the leave boys won (narrowly) doesn't mean the whole issue won't get mentioned ever again - by both sides <ok>

14. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

Narrowly by over a Million votes...<whistle>

15. oldcanariesfan

oldcanariesfan Well-Known Member

you wouldn't get them with you KIO - they'd find some spineless, mealy mouthed excuse for not joining you saying it would be "bad for the country" if they shouldered arms.

KIO likes this.
  16. carrowcanario

KIO likes this.
  17. carrowcanario

JM Fan likes this.
  18. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

How right you were canario <grr>

19. Canary Rob

Canary Rob Well-Known Member

<laugh>

BoJo, Gove, May and the 250 year old Tory Party ARE the establishment

20. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

Exactly Rob and it was May who single handedly f'cked up the GE for the Tories which should have resulted in a landslide win for them and a good hard Brexit.

We now have a situation where we're between the devil and the deep blue sea and no further forward, I just hope Mr Farage comes out of retirement to sort out this mess he is our only hope ;)