1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Impact of Brexit on Inflation/Jobs

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by JM Fan, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Canary Rob

Canary Rob Well-Known Member

Indeed. Now on the advice of her PM of course.

2. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

<laugh>

The poor bastard has suffered enough.......

3. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

May also admitted that immigration to Britain will not come down until after the UK has left the EU in 2019 - but refused to commit to a 'significant' drop.

4. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

Don't take this the wrong way Rob but could you possibly shorten your posts so thick racist Sun reading morons can read through a few pages of replies without nodding off ?
    Kind regards Duncan

PS when we get that £350m a week to spend on our NHS we will have a service that is second to none

5. Canary Rob

Exactly. I doubt that's what people who voted for Brexit because they want to see a reduction in immigration (and indeed plenty of Remainers who also want to see a reduction) wanted to hear.

6. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

Please will you stop letting the facts get in the way of a good arguement.

johnnywarksmoustache likes this.
  7. Canary Rob

alright grumpy! Most of my posts are no more than two paragraphs in the last few pages!

I know you're half joking, but seriously as I said, I can fully understand that you don't like it being suggested that you're thick, racist or a Sun reader, but can you please stop implying I have said or even implied any of that because I most definitely haven't. It's pretty fvcking insulting and disingenuous of you to suggest I have. I've engaged with pretty much every post of yours to me as far as I can tell and I only sent you the DM article because you were talking about immigration. If we're going to have a discussion at least try to keep the insults above board and fair.

I've taken quite a lot of unjustified abuse since joining this thread and have only meted it out once, for reasons unrelated to Brexit or this topic. So I'd appreciate it if people would do me the courtesy of discussing this fairly without consistently insulting me.

8. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

I think people voted to have control of immigration among other things.........I'm sure it will be the hot issue for the next few general erections.

9. DUNCAN DONUTS

I am mainly taking the piss but if you could possibly shorten your responses I would be grateful.
    I'm just bouncing back some of the laughable rhetoric that you do use .
    Remainers all knew what they were voting for brexiters are too thick to understand.
    I have asked a few remainers who the President of the EU is and got told in no uncertain terms that it didn't matter .
    This is the level of ignorance and arrogance we are up against.
    I like you by the was Rob and this thread is entertainment for me so try to be patient I'm using a Samsung Galaxy s5 not an i mac and my fat thumbs inhibit lengthy replies.

10. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

You said increase but she clearly says it will come down after we leave.

11. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

It's Jean-Claude Plonker <ok>

12. Canary Rob

Agreed.

Where did she say it will come down? I've only seen her say there would be "a difference" - I was just asking if that meant it could be an increase, not that she said it.

13. Canary Rob

Come on mate, I literally just asked you not to level unjustified abuse. When have said anything like that here? Where's this rhetoric?

Yeah I agree - I said that there were ignorant people on Remain side as well. I also agree with arrogant. The fact is that the Remain campaign was stupidly arrogant and deserved to lose for that reason.

14. DUNCAN DONUTS

The rhetoric that you roll out Rob was
    A. We didn't understand what we were voting for
    B. You compared us to poultry voting for our own slaughter
    C. You maintain the myth that Farage and Boris saying "with the money we save from not paying into the EU we would have money's available that could go towards the NHS" which is how I read it.

15. Canary Rob

I don't believe anyone did! I certainly didn't know what Brexit meant. Still don't.

Fair cop <ok>, although that only applies if you are one of those who will suffer from the Brexit fall out. And if you are, it is true! I will accept you are allowed to return poultry analogies of your own at me...

I'm not sure I understand this, sorry. It's not rhetoric. They certainly did say they would have £350m more a week (NHS or otherwise). What's clear is there was never going to be £350m a week to get back from the EU (in fact, May has pretty much confirmed that we will be paying the EU more money). What money we do in the end save on the budget contributions won't be going to the NHS, and definitely quite a few voters read that as a promise to give extra money to the NHS (which as you say it wasn't necessarily, but that's certainly how it was understood and so it clearly misled quite a few voters). <ok>

Sorry if that's a bit of a long patronising one, it wasn't so intended ;)

16. DUNCAN DONUTS

Slightly off topic but I know a woman who just arrived from Ghana in the last 6 months I'm not sure how she qualified for residency here but she's here.
    She has a 13 year old son and is a single mother .
    She took a job as a carer working in a privately owned old people's home and works night shifts leaving the child in a small room she shares with him in a multiple occupancy 5 bedroom shared house in Ipswich.
    Every time I spoke to her she would express how angry she was because she had been waiting for 4 months for a council house and the council are taking too long.
    Shortly after 6 months she and her son are moving to a purpose built 2 bedroom flat paying £70 week and in receipt of child benefit and other top ups after her wage as a carer.
    I thought that these stories were a myth but no .
    I am happy for her but her attitude sense of entitlement and expectation from a country she had no affiliation to leaves me gobsmacked.
    Meanwhile my best friend who was working as an English teacher in Japan with his Japanese wife and 2 British passport holding children, had to return to Tottenham after his father passed away.
    He went to the local council and was told that he was not "Internationalally homeless " and he should return to Japan as he would not receive any assistance.

This obsurd treatment of British nationals makes me wonder what the hell is going on .

KIO and JM Fan like this.
  17. jaob

jaob Active Member

Interesting to look back to the referendum in 1975 which voted in favour of continued membership of the then EEC. The areas showing the least support (ie.leave) were Scotland, N.Ireland and the metropolitan areas of London, Manchester, Newcastle, Leeds, Cardiff and Swansea. Almost a mirror image of last years result. Norfolk and Suffolk were pretty strong supporters of remaining, Lincolnshire even more so.

Official 'Leave' parties: SNP, Plaid, UUP and National Front.
    No position: Labour (consistent)
    Stay: Conservatives, Liberals (consistent), SDLP

Discuss ....

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
  18. Canary Rob

19. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

20. Canary Rob

where did I say I was happy? yet again, a totally unfounded accusation when if you'd only looked earlier in the thread you'd see Duncan and I had a long exchange on this <slapheademoticon><slapheademoticon><slapheademoticon>

the point is it makes me more certain that all voters (Remainers as well) were misled - promised an end to free movement, but it's seemingly not going to happen within two years now