1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Impact of Brexit on Football

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by Davylad, Mar 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Canary Rob

Canary Rob Well-Known Member

I just assume he is "joking" or "trolling"

2. JKCanary

JKCanary Guest

Third Reich bantz.
    Hilarious.

3. Canary Rob

Josef Goebbantz

4. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

Soldiers fought against a terrible nazi ideal, for our country and way of life. German influence within the EU is a little too dominant but it is not why I would get out. Trying to bring tinpot countries with 2nd rate economies into the central EU never mind the severe cultural differences is problematic to the extreme. Does anyone really not see problems in inviting the Turks into the EU? I have visited and spent time working there and whilst it is catching up. Do we really want 70m turks on a fraction of the wages in western Europe further saturate the jobs market.
    I know there is a relative selfishness to this sentiment, but must we all have our quality of life/standard of living eroded for countries and people who couldn't care less about us in new project states of Europe? The only prople in yhe UK who really benefit from this are the rich who pay less.
    I aldo Can't stand our bending over to other cultures in this country too. Tolerance and welcome yes, positive discrimination and alienation of our own workers and people is not good, why else can ukip exist if not because of an imbalance and erosion of local culture and values? My neighbour is my neighbour but when my neighbours have my local KFC serving halal chicken as standard I'm not sure the change is being well managed.
    I'm not saying that I think halal chicken or different cultures or values are bad, but when they over ride local cultures and make the locals unhappy or worse uncomfortable, then how can the current situation and policy be right. Out for me too.
    In spite of all of what I've said my main reason i would leave is the shear arrogance of the political elite who think we should just swallow their bullshizen and let them get away with not signing off on their accounts and taking the pee on dictating rules with no mandate from the people they supposedly serve.

Bah!

KIO likes this.
  5. Canary Rob

No chance of Turkey being an EU country any time soon. There's not enough public support for it. France and Austria said they'd hold a referendum (I think it's compulsory in the Frnech constitution). So in the immediate term Turkey don't stand a chance.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
  6. JKCanary

JKCanary Guest

Huh?
    How does KFC serving halal chicken 'override' 'our culture'? How is KFC serving halal chicken an example of us 'bending over' to other cultures?
    They don't HAVE to serve it. They choose to.

Maybe the EU should implement a liberty-reducing law to stop rampant halal encroachment on our proud and valuable KENTUCKY Fried Chicken.

Good grief.

7. General Melchett

Since when did public opinion have aNything to do with what the EU implements? Turkey are supposedly to be fast tracked into the EU as part of yhe recent migrant crisis. They were supposed to be on their way in anyway.

Bah!

8. General Melchett

British culture or at least non-Muslim culture meant that we did not have halal meats served in any food establishments in the UK. Cultural change has meant that that is no longer the case. Rapid cultural change creates mistrust and imbalance in communities. Even If this is due to; intolerance, niavity or lack of education. Does this make it less of a problem?
    No person of any religion, colour or persuasion is a problem on their own, but massed change without compromise or respect for others customers can. If you have not witnessed this, then visit some northern cities and tell me that we live in a harmonious well managed country without social friction brought on by unchecked immigration and to a degree unbending ethnic cultures.

Bah!

KIO likes this.
  9. JKCanary

JKCanary Guest

We didn't have Kentucky Fried Chicken before KFC turned up either. The introduction of American fast food was extremely rapid, far more so than Muslim influences. By your logic, that is/was a serious problem too.

Your post also somewhat implies to me that you believe Muslims can't be part of British culture. I don't think that's true.

gruffnuts likes this.
  10. JKCanary

JKCanary Guest

I also have always found it interesting that areas of the country with high proportions of immigrants seem infinitely more supportive of wider cultural influences than areas that generally have far less interaction with immigrants.

11. General Melchett

Are you saying the rapid influx of junk food from mainly the US has been a good thing? Most obese nation in Europe!
    I do think Muslims can integrate and be positive contributers to western culture, however, insular connumities that can't/won't integrate and want to change the rules/culture to their own are devisive. We as a country much like France have not done enough to ensure 5hat cultural separation has not occurred. I can't understand how we can take immigrants/migrants who can't speak English and not ensure they learn the language to ensure they have a chance at employment and their kids can learn on a level playing field. This is where extremists come from. Communities isolated from their surroundings.

Bah!

KIO likes this.
  12. JKCanary

JKCanary Guest

Germany manages it; highest proportion of immigrant/refugee intake in Europe by far, and yet the lowest proportion of extremists produced.

Integration of immigrants works and and is hugely beneficial when countries actually try, and their citizens don't get overly distracted by demagogue-ing.

13. JKCanary

JKCanary Guest

Oh and RE the fast food, no it's not a good thing, but does that mean it should be heavily legislated against. How much do you buy into liberty being important?

Should KFC be forced to stop serving halal food?
    Should people who like eating fast food be penalised by legislation against the fast food industry?
    If one values liberty, arguably the answer is no ;)

I fear we've veered well and truly off topic now though, Herr General!

14. General Melchett

I believe that is a perception brought on by London. From the Midlands into the north there is widespread friction and allot of people (ok I speak to a small but diverse cross section) feel that the mass Imigration is very bad. That is certainly not restricted to just Muslims (though they definitely need s new publisist) buy eastern Europeans and more. Seriously do you think Joe Blogger of Peterborough is happy that his city is neck deep in poles? In many ways they are can often be worse than any Muslim is likely to be. Public gangs drinking in town centres when not working with sometimes aggressive tendancies, not good but also not unique, we have our own erchins! But rapid social change is hard to accept if you believe it to be yo the detriment of your community

Bah!

15. General Melchett

Would KFF be more tropical?

Bah!

16. JKCanary

JKCanary Guest

But then people who think immigration is a serious problem often vote Tory! I've never understood this.
    Tory fiscal policy is propped up by the immigrant workforce!

That absolutely isn't a bad thing, I just don't understand why people bemoan immigrants, but then vote Tory, often knowing full well their economic approach relies heavily upon them!

17. JKCanary

JKCanary Guest

Ha. I think that one has gone over my head a bit there.

18. General Melchett

Then why in a country pathologically afraid to be labelled intolerant again are the far right gaining ground again? Introducing 1m immigrants is a Noble gesture by the political classes who will live in ivory towers far removed from the girls molested at the stations. But do you believe the people of Germany fully support there leaders policy? Some will, but many won't. And when has any nation ever had to cope with that level of sudden immigration. Intigration will be very difficult. Maybe Germany has a formula that escapes the UK and France but I think there is trouble ahead for frau Merkel and her people.

Bah!

KIO likes this.
  19. General Melchett

I don't vote tory or understand why anyone would over immigration. All politicians come from a wealthy elite that benefit from cheap labour. Why on earth can we not train our own nurses as an example!?!
    I do think immigration is a problem, or at least the mismanaged immigration we currently have. When schools need multiple translators and some have a non national caricular mandate there are real problems. My other half is a teacher and experiences first hand what a disruption kids with limited English can have. Surely we should have the guts as a country to say that every child must speak a certain minum level of English b4 entering our education system. Bloody hell it might drag Ipswich out of the dark ages if we insist that the chavs there can read and write before getting to secondary school!

Bah!

KIO likes this.
  20. General Melchett

Reelly! Kentucky Fried Fish was my attempt to scale the humours of otters on the other thread!

Bah!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.