1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

I'm Sorry

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by framptonfrank, Jan 3, 2017.

1. framptonfrank

framptonfrank Active Member

But am I the only one who thought the set up and formation against Reading was spot on? We contained a very good side and caught them on the break time and again, unlucky not to be 3-0 up. LJ's downfall was his substitutions that changed the shape of the team, Reid and Wilbs were totally wrong replacements, Patterson for o'dowda would have been sufficient. So Frustrating

2. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

Don't be sorry there's nothing wrong with expressing your opinion.
    I don't happen to agree.
    The 1st half was - defend our own half and we ONLY scored through their Keeper's mistake.
    We created nothing in the entire half.
    Within a minute of the restart we broke on them and an under hit pass from Bryan gave us the penalty.
    2-0 and lucky doesn't come close.
    The luck balanced for Reading when the inept Junior made his subs.
    It's all about opinions Frank but 9 losses from 10 games, with an unheard of budget, says something is seriously wrong at AG.

3. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

I also thought the penalty award was 'very generous'

4. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the unusual tactics for a home team and felt City were not leading fortuitously two nil. Reading were struggling to deal with two compact lines, Bryan in particular was threatening, Brownhill was forcing mistakes, Abraham looked like he would exploit playing off shoulders into massive spaces ...

However should BCFC after spending significant sums of money on players be playing right backs at centre half, setting up as a counter attacking experiment at home because the opposition is half decent?

Should they do the same versus Fleetwood?

Should this be the future?

My answer has to be no.

Earlier in the season BCFC were playing with higher lines, pressing higher, higher tempos, pass and move etc. The players appeared to be settling into this style well, and now not only are the players struggling to grow into the Managers tactics the higher lines, pressing higher, higher tempos, pass etc philosophy were thrown out of the window because Bristol City were at home to Reading.

I feel given the way BCFC can play this season it is reasonable to expect more.

5. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

The 'unusual tactics' were ok until our legs inevitably went.
    Stam knew it, Junior didn't.
    Yes we forced mistakes but our 1st goal was down to their keeper, not with pressing/forcing a mistake.
    I was embarrassed with how my team set up at home, Reading are decent, not Barcelona.

I agree 'after spending significant sums of money on players' it is more than reasonable to expect more.

Red Robin likes this.
  6. Red Alert

Red Alert Well-Known Member

Thought City were value for their 2 nil and then its started.

Like a tribute to Status Quo down down deeper and down. Not one to think I know more than blokes in the game all their lives but last twenty I was muttering get up the pitch, close it down, second ball, get up the pitch, get closer you are letting them play. All the good thrown away as the formation turned into ten stuck in the box. even looked at the dug out to see if anybody was waving them forward or shouting and pointing ****ing get up here.

Made the game easy for Reading easy to pass it around and as soon as one went in down down deeper and down City went again.