1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic I'm fully wired for the season

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by invermeremike, Aug 4, 2017.

1. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

I am looking forward to the best season from my eyes as I have signed up for the new bctvplus service which gives me full video streaming of all our games. It is only available outside the U.K. and comes at an annual subscription of 110 pounds and will give me the chance to have a better insight to what is really happening on the pitch rather than base my comments on personal thoughts and the thoughts of others.

I have to say the response from customer service was instant, given the 8 hour time difference, and gave me all the answers I was looking for to make the decision to subscribe and the registration process took all of 2 minutes. Being able to watch the games at 7:00 a.m. over an early breakfast will be way better than my previous encounters with BCFC Player. It also means I can get the video feed during our 2 month cruise to Australia in January on my newly purchased I-pad and hopefully there is good wi-fi service on board.

All in all a very good start to my season and perhaps I won't be berated as often by some on this site for my negativity and lack of insight in to the real happenings down at Ashton Gate. Bah humbug and let's all enjoy the new light coming from BS3.

Red Robin and Supcon72 like this.
  2. Mind the gap!

Mind the gap! Well-Known Member

Think it's a good idea, agree with it not being available in Uk to stop people bunking off games but at the same time is frustrating as can't really make games in term time at uni

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. invermeremike

I read up on the service and found out the City decided to go their own way on providing the package, along with a couple of other clubs, rather than go with EFL Live. I am really looking forward to match days with an entirely different perspective and feel that I am now part of the real world and I just hope I don't have to get new valves for my enigma machine.

Red Robin likes this.
  4. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

That's a good idea. I would of thought anyone willing to pay £110 a season would only pay if there is no way really getting to the gate. So maybe an offer for people like MTG or people who live so far away it's difficult to get to the ground. After all it's still profit in there somewhere for the club.
    But you can guarantee someone will find their way round it, if it's on the internet.

Mind the gap! likes this.
  5. invermeremike

It's an overseas site only and is not available in the U.K., but as you say savvy internet users will find a way around the streaming problems.

6. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

Mike,

This sounds great, does it have a record or watch anytime function as well? The time difference down here in Oz makes watching 3pm kicks off really difficult, but if I could get up at 7 on a Sunday morning and watch the game before checking the internet that would be worth £110 to me.

7. invermeremike

I don't know if you can record the game to watch later but I would like that feature.

8. invermeremike

Good start for City although Barnsley looked very weak. The live stream worked very well although the close ups were somewhat shaky and they need to stick with wider angle video to avoid visible camera shake. It was strange not to have commentary and I wonder if they could hook up with Radio Bristol, if they still cover the matches. It would also help if they showed the score and the time on the screen to keep their viewers informed but other than a few minor issues I enjoyed the new experience.

Red Robin likes this.