1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

IH - "the bomb has gone off"

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by ELLERS, Jul 18, 2017.

1. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

I have no doubt at all over the last few years we have been run abysmally. How we managed to p*** away that amount of money confounds me.

However I really believe since we have appointed Hoos, tha club have attempted to get back to being a well run club but with our situation (small non-expandable ground, lack of training facilities and until recently, the lack of a viable academy) it is going to get back on an even keel (what that money could have achieved for us if used wisely is mindblowing).
    Anyway that is the past....I think Hoos is doing his best and I can see the club slowly turning itself round...but it is a long way back...and I do not think until the decks are cleared can we make strides forward.

What ever the outcome of FFP please let us have an answer.....Hoos/the club/the owners and us the fans cannot deal with the outcome until we know the extent of the problem.

I hope I am still here to see the fruits of this upheaval, as I am sure in the end we will come through as a stronger club

NorwayRanger and QPRski like this.
  2. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

..so are we now officially "boring"?

3. Ciarrai_Abu

Ciarrai_Abu Well-Known Member

Great post Beth. It is going to take longer than we would like to right the wrongs of the past. We are going to have to be patient.

4. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

I agree with all of that, Beth. Except that I would credit Ferdinand more than Hoos.

5. GroveRanger

GroveRanger Well-Known Member

Half way through July and we've only made one signing and that was on a free. Clearing the decks and flogging off anyone worth a few quid, bringing in youth team players as opposed to spending a few quid. Not sure what the bigger picture is meant to be but in the short term it looks like we could be in for a bumpy ride. If we continue the end of season losing streak we need a few older heads to lift the spirits of the youngsters. Does Clint Hill still need a job?

6. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

I also think that we are going in the direction. But is is a process and will take some time.

7. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

We're beyond boring so far as the media is concerned. We're invisible

QPRski likes this.
  8. Ninj

Ninj Well-Known Member

whilst we might have to trust the youngsters coming in - I do believe a certain Mr Hansen once said that you cannot win anything with kids. I know we are not a Manure - but if the kids we play have ambitions and hopes, then surely we are the club to give them that platform. Agree we still require some experience but if our reserves and youth are what we have then so be it.

@stillpayingthepriceforhiringmercenaries.com

9. GoldhawkRoad

QPR boss Ian Holloway says fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off' behind the scenes at Loftus Road

But Holloway has moved to clarify his comments.

He said: "I said the bomb has already gone off, in reference to the money that has been spent in the last few years by the club.

"The club have spent an astronomical amount of money but we didn't have great success in return for that incredible outlay. THAT was the bomb.

I knew that before I came here. This isn't new, this isn't about now. That bomb went off a couple of years ago!

"I am here to tidy things up, and help my owners get value for money from everyone we've got, and whoever we might get.

"What we want to do is make this club sustainable. So I need the fans, more than anybody, to be patient, to trust me and to see what we are all trying to do here.

"The owners are trying their best, but we have to do things the right way, making sensible, clever buys."

UNQUOTE

So, just Holloway running his mouth again without thinking. Muppet!

UTRs and qpherts like this.
  10. qpherts

qpherts Well-Known Member

Didn't the dof chairman n manager have a meeting in Malaysia to
    Discuss transfers? An they've come up with a free transfer from Barnsley!

11. GoldhawkRoad

:emoticon-0102-bigsm :emoticon-0148-yes: