1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

If you travel away to watch your team read this , you could be stopped from doing so

Discussion in 'The Championship' started by Arnold_Lane_HCFC, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Arnold_Lane_HCFC

Arnold_Lane_HCFC Well-Known Member

https://freedomforfansblog.wordpress.com/

Have a read through this.

West Yorkshire Police are stopping Hull City fans travelling to Huddersfield for some cock eyed reasons.

If they get their way - it will affect all football fans.

A 15 year old lad is taking WYP to court. His dads helping him, but he needs the support of all football supporters.

Whether you only remember Hull City for Phil Brown telling the players off at half time at Man City and want to take the piss about it that is fine.

But have a think about it. If WYP get their way other police forces will follow and you're travel to away games will be severly restricted.

2. TC (Lovely Geezer)

TC (Lovely Geezer) Well-Known Member

Mark Burns-Williamson, Police and Crime Commissioner for West Yorkshire, has released the following response in relation to the Huddersfield v Hull football match: "Although I have been contacted by many people about the decisions made by West Yorkshire Police in relation to this football match I must emphasise that this is an operational policing matter under the direction of the Chief Constable.

"The problem has arisen because Sky has requested a change of kick-off time so that the game can be broadcast live much later in the day on 30 March. This clearly has implications for policing and to make sure the match can be safely policed I understand a number of conditions have been put in place.

"However, I have listened to the concerns raised by Hull City supporters including those living in West Yorkshire and I have been in conversation with Hull MP Karl Turner and the Chief Executive of Hull City FC. I will now also be speaking to the Temporary Chief Constable to see if any of the specific concerns raised can be accommodated without compromising the safety of people across Huddersfield and West Yorkshire."

3. Hornet-Fez

Hornet-Fez Well-Known Member

It still stinks... if we don't speak up and put a stop to this police state nonsense then there is no end to what they will attempt to get away with. Do they impose these restrictions for a regular night match? I shouldn't have thought so.

What the Commisioner really means is that between policing cutbacks and you're average Saturday night in Huddersfield there are unlikely to be enough coppers to go around... they want the fans into the match (and not beering it up in the town all afternoon) and out of the town after pronto... hence the travel restrictions. Mr Burns-Williamson (rightly) sees a much bigger than usual police wage (overtime) bill for this match which will doubtless not be covered by their contract with HTFC, which is down to the WYC lawyers not doing their job properly.

I'm not normally one to shout "YOOMAN RIGHTS" but I will do so on this occasion. It's 2013 not 1983FFS.