1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

I wonder if the Venkys will turn up tommorow, or don't they care?

Discussion in 'Blackburn Rovers' started by Ffsdon'tpassittohim, May 6, 2012.

1. Ffsdon'tpassittohim

Ffsdon'tpassittohim Well-Known Member

It seems an incredibly sad situation, that owners of your club have just let this happen. I mean they are letting the value of their investment devalue incredibly or is it the case that they are hoping that if you go down the parachute payments will help you out? Either way my thoughts are with the fans of Blackburn for as a Swans supporter, I witnessed this happening to our club and our near extinction before it was turned around. I am not suggesting for one moment that that will happen to you but relegation can really damage a club's health. All the best for the future.

2. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

Exactly the same for us at Norwich, just hours from financial ruin and the prospect of our club in seriously deep "do-do", thankfully we turned it around and hopefully Blackburn will not endure the same in seasons to come.

3. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

I'm hoping they dare make an appearance as 20000 Blackburn fans fighting with stewards to get at them could be the TV highlight of the year.

4. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

<laugh>

Hopefully that will help to ease the suffering you are going through this week too <ok>

5. Kean is surprised that your club is facing relegation. That must really comfort you lads?

6. Zingy

Zingy #ziggywould

I read that, what I wanted to know is at what point was he referring to when he said he would have been shocked to find out their current position? Xmas time when they were slopping around in the bottom 3? Or when the fans were rallying against him because he wasn't winning anything?

7. Singing Blue 3

Singing Blue 3 Well-Known Member

At least your owners actually have plenty of cash and although they somewhat arrogantly said Big Sam was not a high profile enough manager and then made Kean manager and publicy stated they expected to be playing Champions league football in Europe and wanted to win the league, the sad truth is the bold words and ambition were always a sign that they have never really understood the Premier League and probably indeed football itself!

So from a fan that has had two relegations in just 3 seasons , two administrations and various owners including; the son of a Russian mafiosa and gun runner, a fake arab billionairre, el mirage - a supposed arab millionairre but was actually someone who never even existed, a Hong Kong businessman who put us in administration twice to protect his investment in our stadium, and finally a crooked Eastern European businessman that was arrested under a European arrest warrant for fraud etc.All of these owners passed the EPL and Football league'fit and proper persons tests' but then that chicken that invaded the pitch last evening would probably pass them as well!<laugh> Consider yourselves fortunate!. Best of luck next season .

8. ilovedelia

ilovedelia Well-Known Member

I just wanted to say I really feel sorry for the fans/supporters of your club. The way you have been treated is disgusting!
    What happened to the "fit & proper" criteria to own a football club? Because the clowns who own Blackburn Rovers shouldn't be allowed to own a chicken farm let alone a football club!!!! (pun intended)
    Putting rivalries aside, all fans of football from all clubs should be saddened, that the true and honest football supporters of Blackburn Rovers have been treated this way.
    Good luck for the future, you're going to need it!

ILD OTBC

9. bilko

bilko Member

I feel sorry for Steve Keen as your manager the abuse you have thrown him and it has definetly affected the team on the pitch. Anyone who has an indian owner needs to be careful as it is in their blood that they will promise alot and never deliver and i cant believe that Blackburn fans dont know what indian people are like its in their nature. Steve keen has been let down badly by the owners they treat him with contempt and the owner have got what they deserve releagation as they have shown no interest in the club. The problem of investment was total bollocks by the owners and Keen has had to sell players during the season so how can you blame him for what has happenned.

The owners of your club are a total disgrace to the football of this country but they wont care all their interested in are their chickens.

I've got no gripe with Blackburn fans but i do think you have been out of order where Steve keen is and you should be ashamed of the abuse you have given him as he is holding the fort for a bunch of headless chicken owners,

10. The FRENCH TICKLER

The FRENCH TICKLER Well-Known Member

Hull fan in peace. We know what its like to have bad owners. We got relegated due to that as well.

Is it true that Venkys want £30m for your club and its debts ?

11. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

I feel a bit of sympathy for BRFC, because most of their fans who went to games every week this season were genuine fans getting behind their team. I don't however feel sorry for all Blackburn fans.

The ones who turned up just to hurl abuse at Venky's and Kean are the ones I'm talking to here. You lot are a disgusting disgrace to your club. Yes you have the right to vent your frustrations but not in the manner which you have been doing all season. The faithful fans who were there to watch and support their players had to endure these div kids at every single home game this season.

It's not Steve Kean's fault that he was offered the job by your inept, pathetic owners, but at least he has had passion and determination in the face of adversity to try and get your club out of the mess you are/were in. Look at Kevin Keegan at Newcastle, he walked out of the door every time somebody said "Boo" to him, when the going got tough he jumped ship. The Wolves fans were claiming Mick Mac was out of his depth, they got their wish and along came Terry Connor, the biggest mistake they made.

Do you div kids seriously think that somebody like Ancelotti or Hiddink would have came to work for a bunch of chicken farmers who have no idea what they're doing in football? Even Mark Hughes walked out on Al Fayed because he erected a statue of Michael Jackson, so even he wouldn't have come back and he's struggling to keep up QPR with a team far better equipped than Blackburn.

If you sad little morons had protested in the right way and got behind Kean you might have created the 12 man effect needed to stick a few more points on the board, team camaraderie can go a long way - just look at the shower of sh1t that Ian Holloway nearly kept afloat in this league last season.

To sign off, I seriously hope for all of the nice, decent Blackburn fans that have paid good money to watch their team, that you bounce straight back. You have some good young players, get rid of the egos, the dead wood and start to rebuild, with or without Kean. I hope the Chicken Farmers do one and leave you in the hands of somebody who can make you a self-sufficient and proud club once again. Good luck for next season.

12. ilovedelia

ilovedelia Well-Known Member

One shot on target in two games when your battling against relegation??? That's not trying to get your club out of trouble!!! The man is a deluded fool, and he still believes that the owners are going to discuss getting promoted back to the Prem next season with him. He's been hung out to dry by the Venky's and the fool couldn't see it.

ILD OTBC

13. Kean has got to go. Had he been at any other club, his feet would not have touched.

There is a serious suggestion that he's there as nothing more than the Indian Chicken Farmers' mouth-piece, and you can understand why that criticism is leveled at him. It's as though the owners don't care how dreadful he is, at least he's too much of a muppet to demand more money to rebuild the team. If they sacked him and got in a decent manager, the owners might be embarrassed by being asked to cough up some serious money - the sort of money that it takes to actually stay in the EPL.

14. Singing Blue 3

Singing Blue 3 Well-Known Member

I do fear for Rovers. They may just asset strip the club and keep the parachute payments to repay their £30mn and get an additional return, I hope not but look what happened to us at Pompey, £100mn of players sold in a season which someone obviously trousered.<doh>