1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

I suppose you want a Hi Viz story ?

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by alwaysright, Aug 5, 2017.

1. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

Well I do have one.............. but first a few words about tickets.

I found out the truth about the season ticket nonsense. It very much was in the control of the Club --- but as it is a bit embarrassing I won't disclose the answer. However, in case you thought that I had gone soft on the Club, let me tell you about another 'embarrassment' relating to tickets.

Peter Lloyd usually obtains tickets for some of the regular passengers going to away matches. Payment is made, in cash, when he collects the coach fares.
    Today, Peter Lloyd stated that he wasn't able to supply tickets 'as usual.' He stated that the Club (GFC), had removed their availability for purchase on Friday. Now fans will have to pay on the day........ then Peter Lloyd conceded that he actually had many tickets for the Doncaster game in his pocket - but the Club (GFC), had asked him to return them to Doncaster as they were unsold -- and without the option of selling them to the 'expectant' passengers on the coach --- we all roared in laughter at the stupidity of it all............. which leads me nicely onto
    the Hi Viz bit

After the match we boarded the coach - and then crawled our way to the main road ( under 100 yards ). This bit of the journey home took almost 30 minutes! As we started off, I saw about 12 stewards, in their brand new, shiny hi viz jackets, walking from the roadside back to their office, and went straight past the coach without offering any assistance -- it wasn't unreasonable to expect some help for us to get out of the car park - we only had a 5 hour journey to make !! -- No we had to suffer the tortuous crawl to the main road...... What could have happened was the stewards helping the coach to use the empty right-hand filter lane out of the car park, and, upon reaching the main road ( probably inside 30 seconds, as opposed to the 30 minutes ), the stewards could have 'held up' the traffic in the left filter lane - to allow the coach to make the necessary left turn -- how bloody difficult was that ? --- and we didn't get any help from the Police. A van was parked up outside the car park - on the main road. They also did nothing to help us - but I think they were otherwise engaged -- in goodness knows what !!! - because my mind boggled when I saw a young woman ( not in uniform ), emerge from the rear of the van, followed by an officer who had a Doncaster Rovers shirt over his uniform.
    ....... and so another season of hi viz misery begins.