1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

I prefer the good old days

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Spanish, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

Hey people are going on about how nothing much has changed, course it aint, we aint fecking out yet!

2. Spanish

Still could be worse, could have someone like trump running the country!
    To be honest i got both sides of the story and i didnt vote because i honestly didnt give a **** but i didnt expect a brexit win and i would have rathered it never happened!
    Just have to put up and shut up<cheers>

3. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Very pro Brexit here - have to go to work now however will elaborate later.

4. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

I'm one of those fecking clueless retards and I am proud to be so!! You don't fecking live here anymore so don't lecture us on what we as a country decide to do!

5. stretchyboy

stretchyboy Well-Known Member

I'm also a clueless fecking retard....but then again, so are the politicians that are supposed to be sorting this shambles out too.

6. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

The right decision was made by the public but is being poorly executed by the politicians. In my opinion.

7. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

The whole thing's been a total feck up. Dave's legacy makes interfering with a pig's head look like one of his better decisions!

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  8. Westlake33

Okay let me expand a little before myself and Rachel watch a show about Yorkshire prostitution ( she better not be on it or she's outa here! )

Never a fan of being in a union in the first place. Countries need to govern themselves and do what is right for their individual needs - not given a mandate of legislation by a " union " that tells countries what they can and cannot do.

My main view = UK / France + Germany propping up several other nations. Very good if you're country is in a mess, ala Greece, however in godsname is it fair that the main three throw waayyyy more ££££ than others. It isn't.

When the Euro came in, hundreds of thousands of people in various countries lost a hell of a lot of money. Belgium in particular were badly hit. Not thought through.

Also don't like the pathetic quotas regarding immigration - what the hell does a quota system achieve. Very little. Poland are up in arms about it and want nothing to do with the quota.

Also, I thought if we pulled out many more may get itchy feet and long term the union would cease to exist. Seems to be happening.

Whether I'm right or wrong, who knows. Anyone who didn't vote and it's now happening can ..... off as far as I'm concerned.

A lot was wrong on both the stay and leave campaign, though I thought as soon as the Tories told everyone to stay we'd vote leave, which duly happened.

Short term pain for a long term gain.

9. Spanish

Ahem, warky that was a joke you ****ing retard!

johnnywarksmoustache likes this.
  10. Spanish

As i said, i dont give a ****, you made ya bed.... Part of me hopes it goes massively tits up and i honestly dont think it will be a bed of roses like all brexiteers seem to think, as i said, we aint out of the EU yet so......time will tell!

11. Spanish

The reason i never voted was coz i dont live in uk, just thought i would get a heated debate going as been toooo sweet on here. Obv warky took it to heart and thought i meant you were all retards, wrong.....i meant only him!<laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh>

12. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Missing the banter Spanish? <laugh>

Americans aren't very good at it, they take everything personally and don't give you any stick back. It's the land of 'shut your mouth and don't tell the honest truth". They have a problem with people (like myself) who tell it like it is. You're supposed to stay impartial and diplomatic......screw that ****!!
    Too meek on the west coast to really get back at you hard, I reckon the east coast would be better for banter.

The Mexican boys are good for a laugh though, strange humour that you have to get used to but they are still good for the to and fro of fun banter <ok>

13. Westlake33

The Aussies are truly beyond bad at banter. Getting anyone to bite at work truly upsets them and they won't talk to you all day. Shame.

I went to NZ v Aus in the union last night, a magnificent occasion in a truly class stadium. People from both sides were clapping opposition tries for heavens sake! I know union has a gentleman element, however when the all blacks went 54-6 up I thought the Aussie's would rightly boo their crap side.

As it transpired, they then managed to get it together and make it 34-54 however was just surprised...!

14. Westlake33

Spanish, we'll SURELY lose with this 11 at Palace.

I expect to wake up with you having a fit ;)

15. Spanish

Nah not too fussed, altho i do think with a couple of first teamers, we could have won!
    I would have liked to have seen the winning run continue as winning becomes a habit!

16. Westlake33

Agree, a first 11 I think we'd have won that.... but needs must and I think the right call made just for a case of " what if " plus whoever did play would have been cream crackered vs Fulham.

17. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

I disagree I think if we had played our first eleven we would have still lost.....and if we would have had a mix of youngsters and established players the established ones would think why am I playing with the kids and not been fully up for it....so I think MM made the correct decision to go all out yoof...although we lost the game I think we have gained a great deal from this game in terms of squad depth and belief.

Bigalreigned likes this.
  18. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

A couple of our strikers on the bench could've made a difference at the end but I think playing all the young lads was good because they already know each other's game.

19. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

What we can definitely take out of the game, other than our youth academy is looking strong again and Bryan Klug deserves a lot of credit, is that Crystal Palace look likely to struggle this season in the Premier League. Wouldn't be surprised if they got relegated.

itfcptc and fieldmarshall like this.
  20. Westlake33

Don't get me wrong I'm not moaning - the correct decision was made and I'm pleased everyone did well. I do however honestly feel if we'd have wanted to have a go and had played our first 11, we'd have won but we'll never know!

Downes and Nydam in the England U19s, well done lads! Hyam,,,,,, yeah you won't be getting near the 11 hopefully. Nowhere near good enough.