1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

I love articles like this....

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Qpranger100, Apr 8, 2011.

1. Qpranger100

Qpranger100 Member

Express - NIGHTMARE FEARS HAUNT PLAY-OFFS Rangers face charges of breaching regulations over the alleged existence of third-party ownership
    Friday April 8,2011

THE Football League and FA admit that the end of the season could be thrown into “complete turmoil” if the independent regulatory commission looking into the QPR situation comes up with a punishment that materially affects their promotion status.

Rangers face seven charges of breaching regulations over the alleged existence of third-party ownership of Alejandro Faurlin. Their hearing will start on May 3, with the decision due within 72 hours – just two days before the final fixtures of the Championship season.

However, if as a result QPR lose an automatic promotion place, they have leave to appeal following the final round of games – which would throw the whole play-off situation into turmoil.

The FA say that any punishment will only be imposed once an appeal has been heard – likely to be weeks later. Which means the League board are likely to proceed with the play-off fixtures based upon an unamended table.

Consequently, now that the Premier League gravy train is thought to be worth £90million to clubs, the FA could be faced with a massive compensation bill if a team – such as QPR – with a legal right or opportunity to go up to the top flight are denied that chance. Express<party>:1980_boogie_down:

2. CannockQPR

CannockQPR Active Member

Morning Qpranger100, how are you?

I love newspaper articles like this also - totally unattributed to a specific source,

'The Football League and FA admit' - did they really, what they got together and called the express with this confession did they...

'the FA say' - I think you'll find the FA have said exactly FA.

I seem to recall a the offish statement saying no further comment would be made until the case is heard.

Normal hack, in the absense of anything to write they just make it up, someones got to fill those column inchs mate.

3. Qpranger100

Qpranger100 Member

Yeah not bad thanks Cannock how are you today?

Please allow me to be a little optimistic lol? its almost the weekend....we have scunny away im going to win bucket loads on the grand national and celebrate whilst at Alton towers lol....

ok sorry its been a long week and im going a little bit crazy....

4. Quite Possibly Raving

Quite Possibly Raving Well-Known Member

Nice to read something positive and I agree with his sentiment that if we do appeal the ruling, the points deduction can't happen until after the playoffs which means the FA will be screwed!

Difficult one for them so sort out unless they give us a slap on the wrist. :emoticon-0100-smile

5. CannockQPR

CannockQPR Active Member

Mate i really hope your weekend works out like this,

Scunny away clearly is going to happen, win bucket loads on the grand national, i hope you do mate, mine generally fall at the first, or start running the wrong way - 1986 Hello dandy was my last success, an as for Alton Towers don't get me started grrrrrr, last time i spent 3 hours queing for a ride that lasted 30 secs that put my back out and cost me about £120 at the osteopaths. Enjoy.

6. Qpranger100

Qpranger100 Member

Oh thanks really looking forward to it now lol.....iv won the last 5 years in the grand national....Just joined a new 5-a-side team in walsall....they wear Blue and white hoops....its fate.....