1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

I know it's only one win

Discussion in 'Wolves' started by Neilynotquite, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Neilynotquite

Neilynotquite Member

We shouldn't be letting Saturday pass so quietly. I only saw the Match of the Day obligatory 90 seconds, but by all accounts a really good performance, great goals from Fletch and Ward (I know it won't get the knockers off his back), and just what the doctor ordered from Johnson.
    Before the game I felt this was a really important one. Never a better time to lay the Ewood Park bogey to rest against a team that I think will be in the relegation mix.
    Come on you Wolves.

2. hedgeworth

hedgeworth Active Member
    Forum Moderator

Yeah looks promising at the moment. This is the sort of game we would have lost last season and we cannot rely on winning against big sides again this year.

I was at the previous home friendly and watched the whole game via stream. I still think we have a issue at the back, RJ has helped but Stearman and big George still worry me. Hoff came off the bench so looks like Mick may be giving him a chance. Fletcher and Doyle looked good together and Jarvis created the first goal and earned the penalty in a relatively quiet game for him. Zubar looked good in the friendly but i think he is still not 100% fit so didn't appear in this one. If he can get himself fit, he will be a decent addition to the defence.

Most pundits seem to be putting us at the top of the bottom group (around 12th) which is nice to see, but we need to continue to get the points from sides who will be in the mix this year.

3. stuey74

stuey74 New Member

Well we did the same thing last season won our opening game and struggled for the rest of the season, i don't mind losing to the teams which are going to be in the top five, i would rather us win against the teams which were in the same or middle. I do believe we will be better this season and finish higher than we did last.